Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Puppypaws
New Member!
Female 

09-11-2009, 04:39 PM

Hi,
I am new to this site, I have 8 dogs', each an adored friend. Jessie, Elva, (Rottweilers I bred myself) Homer (rescued labrador) Wispa, Rolf and Yogi (Rottweiler x Labrador crosses, Male Labrador from neighbours scaled wall to my Rottie Girl) Pippa and Becks', (Corgi). Each has their own individual character, and each is truly a treasure. Guess I m besotted.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Hello and welcome!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Hi & Welcome

What a mixed gang you have..I'm particulalry looking forward to hearing more about your corgi - I've never known anyone with one before.
Annestaff
Supervisor

09-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Hi and welcome aboard
Meg
Supervisor

09-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Hello Teresa
A warm welcome to Dogsey, the friendly site for doglovers everywhere.
We are delighted to have you with us.
If you need help with posting pictures,
or with anything on Dogsey, please Click Here

Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2009, 09:26 PM
welcome to dogsey
Puppypaws
New Member!
Female 

09-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Hi & Welcome

What a mixed gang you have..I'm particulalry looking forward to hearing more about your corgi - I've never known anyone with one before.
Hi and thank you for the welcome, I ve been around corgis' sice I was a few months old. My first corgi was of the long tailed cardigan breed. "Rover" lived each footstep of my life with me till old age called him to sleep when I was 21 years old, that made him about 22 years' old. From him came my love of the corgi breed, I bred and showed them until 1996. My little pippa and her son becks are direct descendents of that first old boy. I gave up breeding them because I felt things were changing a lot in Irish Dog Breeding. Saw too many lovely babies' put asleep or sold on indiscrimminately to fulfil an ever more exacting "designer dog" goal. My first Rottweiler came as a bit of a shock to me. To my shame, I would have sub consciously believed their "Devil dog" label. A close friend was emigrating for personal reasons', and presented me with a 4 month old baby Rottweiler girl. Too overcome to protest, and despite myself, being immediately in love with the little furry body, I came home. Exit Husband and Sons, enter locked bedroom doors',,,,, "That thing was going to grow up and eat us and the neighbours alive" Another tempestuous exit (mine) later saw my self and baby hollie sleep for two nights in our garage until easter sunday morning when a shamefaced hubbie woke me up to say I could keep "It"..... but I d better train "IT". Afew hours later "IT" had taken Hubbies chair, chewed up most of our sons' shoes', ate a mobile phone, and had evryone in the house arguing over who "IT" liked best. Yep one look into hollies' beautiful eyes' and the family were totally enraptured with the little unwanted Rottie. 3 years later, she gave us our beautiful Jessie, and 2 years' after that, Jessie in turn gave us our noble Elva. We never sold the other puppies in the litters. We only bred a litter to keep the line going, when we were certain we had potential homes sourced in advance, and asked the new owners to show their commitment by donating a little sum of money to the ISPCA. Bit of a challenge then when a neighbours' black labrador came a visiting over a six foot wall when Jessie was in heat in 2008, could have got her a miss mate injection..... but the thoughts of lovely cuddly puppies was too much.... so on Sept 26th 2008 Jessie gave birth to 9 Rottweiler x Labrador puppies'. I tell the story to encourage confidence in these dogs', 6 of them are in forever homes with young families', 3 of them I kept. I wanted to keep them all, however prudence dictated otherwise, big doggies = big tummies= big financial outlay. The puppies are now 14 months old. Big of stature, bigger of character, and biggest of all of heart. They have lovely temperments', are very playful, big friendly giants'. I would encourage anyone to give a home to any dogs of this cross that need one. I would not advocate purposely breeding them, too many dogs out there in need of homes already, but I guess what I m saying is, dont pre judge any dog. Most Dogs will become what their owners are prepared to make them. Our beautiful Labrador Homer was abandoned by his first owner when the couple had a human baby, Homer apparently was agressive towards the child. Homer has now been 7 years in my family, he has lived loved and played with our own children and seen two grand children born, Agressive? We often had to rescue HIM from tough toddlers'! Sorry for the long post. Wont do it again I promise. Just delighted to find an online forum that appreciates our doggie friends', regardless of their social pedigrees (or lack thereof) . Thanks a million again,,,, and please everyone... dont judge a poor dog by its own or its breed's reputation.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Welcome to Dogsey .
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Hi, warm welcome to Dogsey..............
Carole
Supervisor

09-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Hi and welcome to Dogsey
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >