Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2009, 04:05 PM

Hobbies!

I personally dont (well didnt) have any as such apart from the dogs - going out with mates (rarely atm unfortunaly)! so decided to get my ar5e into gear and get some new hobbies....

so last night i went to body combat which an hour of intense exercise was ok until this morning when i woke up in agony... .... my stomach hurt... my legs.... so the poor dogs walk this morning consisted of me slowly shuffling round the field

im after doing more hobbies during the week but im not sure what.....

what hobbies do you do???
Merz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Hi suze-body combat and such sounds too much like hard work to me-and the after effects being pain I go for gentler hobbies like walking with my girl, reading and I enjoy music-I must sound like a real bore but I do enjoy a quiet life Keep up the good work-what is it they say 'no pain-no gain'-hope you feel better tomorrow
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Merz View Post
Hi suze-body combat and such sounds too much like hard work to me-and the after effects being pain I go for gentler hobbies like walking with my girl, reading and I enjoy music-I must sound like a real bore but I do enjoy a quiet life Keep up the good work-what is it they say 'no pain-no gain'-hope you feel better tomorrow
thanks for the reply

i went ten pin bowlig tonigh and managed one game before my arms and tummy started aching and had to call it a night

im off to a sports centre tomorow to enroll in badminton and tennis hopefully!!

badminton dosent start until september and want to start something asap!! so shall see!!!

esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Good effort on the getting out and about. I wish i had the time/energy to still play badminton and stuff. My hobbies these days include cooking, walking the dog and cleaning!! Oh and gardening! I like to read but don't get much time for that.

Most the things i enjoy the OH tells me are not normal for a 24 yr old and that i'm old before my time!!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Try learning a musical instrument. There are plenty of resources to self teach nowadays if you have the motivation to learn.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-07-2009, 10:24 PM
drawing is my main hobby. well, i say that, i recently got made a moderator on another forum with nearly 90,000 members so that takes up most of my time now
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Good effort on the getting out and about. I wish i had the time/energy to still play badminton and stuff. My hobbies these days include cooking, walking the dog and cleaning!! Oh and gardening! I like to read but don't get much time for that.

Most the things i enjoy the OH tells me are not normal for a 24 yr old and that i'm old before my time!!

id much rather be at home!!! surfing the net and generally pottering.... but im mega unfit and im getting a horse (hopefully)! in october time... so need to get fitter and get a life!! i was going to go horse riding to brush up on my riding skills but at £20+ per half hour - no thanks!

Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Try learning a musical instrument. There are plenty of resources to self teach nowadays if you have the motivation to learn.
i already play (or did )! play the piano... unfortunately living in house with paper thin walls (semi) means i can hear the neighbours cough so imagine me on a piano i loved playing though

Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
drawing is my main hobby. well, i say that, i recently got made a moderator on another forum with nearly 90,000 members so that takes up most of my time now

omg 90,000 members!!!!!! not surprised your busy with all them members goodness!!!!!!
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2009, 11:45 PM
hi one of my hobbies is being a member of the local st john ambulance division, it great fun not only do u learn all aspects of first aid but u all so meet loads of new people, and if u wish u can put ur new skills to use at public events, i recently '' worked '' at the oasis concerts in manchester, but u can '' work at football matches etc
i also do the more usual things like goin out with mates and stuff
also about to start puppy classes with my new puppy
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2009, 06:38 AM
I thought body combat was shopping in Harrod's sale

I used to play badminton and squash until a knee injury stopped me when I was 28 - too much twisting and turning - though I was either playing or training six nights a week.

Now I walk the dog, paint in watercolours and do a lot of gardening. Am thinking of taking up Pilates too
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
I thought body combat was shopping in Harrod's sale

I used to play badminton and squash until a knee injury stopped me when I was 28 - too much twisting and turning - though I was either playing or training six nights a week.

Now I walk the dog, paint in watercolours and do a lot of gardening. Am thinking of taking up Pilates too
I thought it was shopping in Primark
My hobby is sewing which is what I've turned into a job which is great as I get paid for it & stay at home! Not that I do a great deal, but it suits my family life, which has suffered in the past.
Also my dog I guess - After working full time in office job for years and always wanting a dog, as soon as I was made redundant & decided to change my work life anyway, No. 1 on the list was a dog!
I also love gardening, decorating & baking cakes! and now actually have time to do it all!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >