Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sammerson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:10 PM

Fairness?

I had a friend at work ask me today. "Don't you have 3 dogs? Why do you always talk about Piper? What about the puppies?" It got me to thinking.

I DO talk about Piper alot, I know I do. It doesn't mean that I love Cheech and Chong any less, in fact, they have TONS more pictures and videos. It's just that Piper is so special to me. I remember I heard someone say(dont remember who or where I heard it) "you love all of your dogs the same amount, it's just that some of them are 'special'"

Now I'm starting to feel a little guilty. The pups get an even amount of love and devotion at home as Piper does, and in some cases, they might get a little more just because they are still "cute".

Does anyone else ever feel like this? I mean, do you have one dog that just sticks out for no reason and do you ever feel guilty that you never talk about your other dogs???
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:15 PM
My Skye would be more special to me because i hand reared her,
But i love all three of my girls , But in different ways as theyre all individuals so i love them as individuals , but i dont treat them any differently , theyre all showed the same amount of love and affection ,
If that makes any sense
xxdk
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Early on in my dog owning 'career' I used to pretend that there wasn't a 'special' one as it used to make me feel guilty. Now I have admitted to myself that there are those special ones and accept it so I don't feel guilty anymore and just accept that that is the way it is.
Becky
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 11:12 PM
I agree with Becky, I try to treart them all same , but Spence and Bronwyn wil always have a special place in my heart I cant help it,
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-01-2008, 01:05 AM
I always thought it was a strange thing to say, but now that i have two, I've discovered I love them differently. The same amount, but just, it's different Not an easy subject to put into words!