Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 11:30 AM

Dog beds

Okay people what type of bed does your dog have>? looking for anew one and after suggestions and recomendations.
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Mine have these: http://www.mammothoutlet.com/orthopedic-dog-bed.htm

Pricey but I found it cheaper to order from USA with the exchnage rate being so favourable lately. The dogs love them and the orthopaedic ones are great for my arthritic boy Usually they just got up on the sofa but since investing in these, they use them almost all the time which means that OH and I can have the sofas back
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Vet beds
Brought at show stalls, machine washable. I also use them for the back of the car (estate) when travelling, helps to keep the hairs of the carpet Also come in handy as kitchen rugs to stop the dogs sliding on the tiled floor when they come in from the rain.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 11:48 AM
def these Karen

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XXXXLarge-Wate...QQcmdZViewItem
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 12:21 PM
I use double duvets, with normal duvet covers on, folded up with a piece of vet bed on the top. The dogs love them and they are cheap and easy to replace if needs be. Cosmo is about to inherit my sons old single duvet and Thomas the Tank cover!!!!!!!
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 12:32 PM
i have a doughnut bed from argos!! not glamourous but pup loves it, we hide treats Iin the edging and he searches for them!! :d
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 12:38 PM
I collect old duvets for them too, get them from the whole family, good for the boot of the jeep too!

If I only had one dog... I found a tiny four poster dog bed for £40, absolutely beautiful, but I don't have room for 4 of them, and they don't come in Akela size!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Duvets here as well. I got some children's duvets from Lidl for £7.99 a while back (slightly smaller than a single so fit easily into washing machine). Family give me their old double duvets which I cut up in half to make two beds.

Dogs love them folded over in two. Willow taught Archie the art of snuggling down under the top layer to keep nice and warm. To begin with he thought she was mad, but soon caught on to how warm and comfy it was, lol.

One of these duvets goes into Willows crate, Archie gets old pillows in his cos it's smaller. Another quilt lies up in my bedroom for night, several more dotted about when we have a guide dog visiting.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 05:03 PM
We have a variety of beds all around the house!!

We have a Fat Boy bean bag dog bed in the living room. Cost a lot and she is not keen
We have a couple of large cushion beds from Zooplus on line. They are very good.
I have recently bought my best ever value dog bed from CostCo - huge cushion, waterproof fabric that is warm but repels chewing!! It is lasting well (so far). It cost me about £13.

Sydney eats dog beds like she eats biscuits!!
But the ones we have at the moment are doing OK (fingers crossed)
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Well we have a Leather corner suite and Seku has a Leather floor beanie slab that matches as she was taking over the suite, so we bought her it for Xmas. Kaiy likes the floor, usually in the kitchen and has never liked a bed !!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >