View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2008, 09:27 PM
My working gundog is allowed to play with other dogs but TBH, he doesnt show much interest in playing with other dogs, he'd sooner be concentrating on hunting or training and gets quite narky if he's interrupted.

As far as strangers go, Flynn gets quite alot of attention but again, he'll say hello and then move away.

I have a friend who has a working GSP and we take them out together to hunt but Flynn never gets distracted by her, both are totally focused so I wouldnt say allowing them free time to play has detrimental effects.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Also, I forgot to add this because we are 'sport' not 'working'
But all the dogs I train with at agility are alowed to play with other dogs
but work is more important to the point that they can be in a ring surrounded by dogs but they concentrait on their agility and not the other dogs

I saw the fact that Ben saw work as the most important when he had just started in agility
Little dog was doing zoomies round the class, and normaly if he was offlead Ben would have joined in in the fun game
This time I had him in a stay about 5 feet away from me
Little dog zooms right up to him, im expecting him to run off and play with his friend - but no, he turns and shows the dog a face full of teeth without getting up and then focuses back on me - was deff saying 'beat it Im working'
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Short awnser: Why not?
Longer awnser
Never with dogs that aren't properly introduced
Never unsupervised
Never with dominant dogs (will leed to dominance fights)
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3