View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2008, 07:59 PM
The Chinese one sounds great.Will go and look for more details I think. Thanks.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Driving over lemons (Chris Stewart)

The authorised biography of David Niven "Niv"(Graham Lord)

Spellbound ( Jane Green )

My life with George (Judith Summers)

Very diverse I know Read these over Xmas/New Year
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
I'm reading Richard Hammond's Autobiography. It's partially from his point of view and partially from his wife's point of view after the crash. Very easy reading and amazing what he and his family have come through. Highly recommended

Huge Maeve Binchy fan here too Vicki! Have read everything she has written but think my all time favourite is Tara Road.
Oh I got Hammonds biography for christmas, my best friend knows me so well. She said if you dont like the book drool over the piccies
I've just finished Labarith by Kate Mos really enjoyed it a bit like Da vinci code but better imho.
Now I'm reading a Sue Grafton omnibus got in a charity shop,I'm on J for Justice I think but its not very good.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 12:01 AM
Has anyone read the Dark Art series by Phillip Pullman, just watched the Golden Compass and I suspect the books better
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 08:10 AM
just finished the new graham hurley. police series set in portsmouth - have enjoyed them all. also just read tge eddie guerrero story which i loved.

am now reading the penny by joyce meyer and deborah bedford. its ok but not the best book i have read. am going to read the pierrepoint executioner book next.

my reading is certainly diverse.......

sue

am going to rea
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 08:13 AM
The Philip Pullman books are AMAZING.....Apparently the film does not even begin to scratch the surface.I won`t watch it in case it spoils them for me.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Has anyone read the Dark Art series by Phillip Pullman, just watched the Golden Compass and I suspect the books better
Yes have read them...really great, Northern Lights is the name of the book on which The Golden Compass is based. You are right, the book is much much better...but I quite enjoyed the film too.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Marley & Me

Just literally brought it home from the library tonight, very much forward to reading it after hearing so many good things about it.
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by Nelson's Mum View Post
I'm glad this thread was started. I love reading, and I'm always looking for new authors. My last 2 books were Karin Slaughter's Indelible, that I enjoyed thoroughly, and Dean Koontz's Watchers. Watchers was a great book to read. I like all of his books, and this one was especially good as it was about a Retriever who had been an experimental animal from a government lab in America. It had the power to think like a human being but could also find ways to tell people what it was thinking. If you haven't read it already I sure you will enjoy it.

This was the first Koontz book that I ever read and I have been hooked ever since

I think that his best one is Intensity - it is a real nail biter. T read it in a day, just couldn't put it down
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 10:59 PM
I've been reading Boudica - Dreaming The Eagle (Manda Scott) but have been struggling to concentrate lately so have had a break for a lighter Katie Fford book, which I can read in short bursts.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >