Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I work on an acute medical ward - respiratory and gastro. Did a year on surgical male urology and colo-rectal. Not sure which is worse! Actually I do, I'm currently off sick with back/hip problems mainly due to 26 stone patients saying "lift me up the bed"!

And even worse when they know less than the Nurses!

I'm seriously tired of the wards now, physically tired of 12 hour shifts with only 3 20 minutes breaks and mentally tired of being treated like sh1t by the NHS and the general public, bit like being in a sh1t sandwich! Think I've had enough if I'm honest.
I had enough and left and have never looked back, when the paper work was more important than the patients care I thought it was time to go.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
The MRI was normal funnily enough lol !

I have worked in A/E, Theatres, T/O, Childrens. Div mgr Surgery and now do Clinical IT !
Could never do A&E, quite fancy theatres though!

Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I had enough and left and have never looked back, when the paper work was more important than the patients care I thought it was time to go.
Yeah, we've had it quite good where I am - patient to staff nurse ratio was 8:1 (everywhere else I've worked it's been 16:1) , but they recently increased our patients without increasing staff. On one shift I had 11 patients, only 1 healthcare and I was in charge of the whole ward. Dressings didn't get done, meds were given late and tbh it nearly killed me. It hasn't changed re paperwork either - as long as it looks good then the management are happy.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm loving the programme.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2