View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 09:53 PM

Junior Doctors: Your Life In Their Hands.

Anyone else been watching this? It's quite interesting from my POV as I spend about 50% of my time working with Junior Doctors when on shift.

And I have to say certainly aren't as well supported on the wards I've worked on as this programme makes out! The majority of Junior Doctors on my ward are expected to DO a ward round, not shadow a more senior Doctor on one! In fact the majority of the time the senior Doctors aren't even on the ward, or better still they don't even have a senior Doctor to shadow!

Also can't believe the patient who admitted to drinking 60 pints a week! Surely a 20 odd year old must realise that this kind of alcohol intake wouldn't lead them into old age???
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 09:56 PM
I agree , carried and supported many a jnr doc in my time , if only they would listen tho !!!!!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
I agree , carried and supported many a jnr doc in my time , if only they would listen tho !!!!!

Took the words right out of my mouth! Some are brilliant, but the sh1te ones you really do have to carry, tis very true!
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post

Took the words right out of my mouth! Some are brilliant, but the sh1te ones you really do have to carry, tis very true!
Indeed , I remember the A/E consultant losing the plot with them and tellng them they would be wise to listen to the nursing team , when they said come here , you come here now !!! Where did you do work ?
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 10:28 PM
LOL Another part of nursing I dont miss.

It used to amaze me how quickly they went from needing their hands held for everything to knowing it all
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post

It used to amaze me how quickly they went from needing their hands held for everything to knowing it all
Yes didnt take long did it !
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Indeed , I remember the A/E consultant losing the plot with them and tellng them they would be wise to listen to the nursing team , when they said come here , you come here now !!! Where did you do work ?
I work on an acute medical ward - respiratory and gastro. Did a year on surgical male urology and colo-rectal. Not sure which is worse! Actually I do, I'm currently off sick with back/hip problems mainly due to 26 stone patients saying "lift me up the bed"!

Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post

And even worse when they know less than the Nurses!

I'm seriously tired of the wards now, physically tired of 12 hour shifts with only 3 20 minutes breaks and mentally tired of being treated like sh1t by the NHS and the general public, bit like being in a sh1t sandwich! Think I've had enough if I'm honest.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 10:50 PM
I work on an acute medical ward - respiratory and gastro. Did a year on surgical male urology and colo-rectal. Not sure which is worse! Actually I do, I'm currently off sick with back/hip problems mainly due to 26 stone patients saying "lift me up the bed"!

I know that one and escaped a few yrs ago ! Mainly surgical background for me , A/E. Theatres and ITU

And even worse when they know less than the Nurses!

I'm seriously tired of the wards now, physically tired of 12 hour shifts with only 3 20 minutes breaks and mentally tired of being treated like sh1t by the NHS and the general public, bit like being in a sh1t sandwich! Think I've had enough if I'm honest.
30yrs for me with the NHS and if you havent been there you have no idea !
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 10:52 PM
30yrs for me with the NHS and if you havent been there you have no idea !
30 years - seriously I think you need to get down to A&E for an urgent MRI!

Where have you worked in those decades?
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 10:54 PM
30 years - seriously I think you need to get down to A&E for an urgent MRI!

Where have you worked in those decades?
The MRI was normal funnily enough lol !

I have worked in A/E, Theatres, T/O, Childrens. Div mgr Surgery and now do Clinical IT !
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >