Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 02:54 PM

Shutter Island

Me and OH watched Shutter Island the other night, we had been meaning to watch it ages ago but never did... it was cheap in Asda so we got it, and it was amazing... the best film i have seen in ages! Leonardo was absolutely amazing, and soooo believable! I am going to watch it again real soon, maybe tonight I have been telling everyone i know how great it is, and to watch it

Anyone else seen it? What did you think? Anyone who hasnt seen it, i strongly recommend it
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Really wanted to see it but never got chance and don't think I can wait for Sky premiere so may have to go buy it on your recommendation I find Leo absolutely mesmerising in all his roles, such a captivating actor
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Tessabelle View Post
Really wanted to see it but never got chance and don't think I can wait for Sky premiere so may have to go buy it on your recommendation I find Leo absolutely mesmerising in all his roles, such a captivating actor
Oh, i soooo recommend it it is fantastic, havent seen a film as good as that for ages! I thought Inception was good, but this was 10x better i think Leo is an outstanding actor, he is my joint fave actor with Johnny Depp He is phenomenal in Shutter Island, and so believable...

Can you tell i love it??
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Ooh this is good to hear... My dad really liked the book and wanted to see the film but wasn't sure... I may just have to buy it for him! Asda you say...

And totally with you on the Johnny Depp/Leo front! As my sister would say, "nom-a-frickin'-nom"

xoxox
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 07:19 PM
I've seen it and I really enjoyed it. Afterwards I saw a website suggesting to watch it again, knowing what you know, and pointing out the certain parts to pay special attention to (I haven't done that yet though).
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah88 View Post
Ooh this is good to hear... My dad really liked the book and wanted to see the film but wasn't sure... I may just have to buy it for him! Asda you say...

And totally with you on the Johnny Depp/Leo front! As my sister would say, "nom-a-frickin'-nom"

xoxox
Yep, Asda i loved it, and im making my parents watch it

Johnny and Leo are awesome

Originally Posted by majuka View Post
I've seen it and I really enjoyed it. Afterwards I saw a website suggesting to watch it again, knowing what you know, and pointing out the certain parts to pay special attention to (I haven't done that yet though).
Thats what i am going to do me and OH went through all the bits we could remember, that suddenly made sense, so i think it will be good to watch the whole thing like that
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Film is good, Book is excellent! Film does not have the smae impact after reading the book though...
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2011, 07:14 AM
I requested (and got) the film for Christmas after it was recommended to me.

It's an excellent movie..... definitely one to watch more than once....