Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2011, 01:00 PM

Marchlands

Anyone elase watching this? I like the clever use of a matrix narrative. Looks like it's going to be interesting
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Yep looks like it's going to be good.
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2011, 01:47 PM
I liked it too.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-02-2011, 03:52 PM
I wouldnt call it a chiller,but it showed promise and i'll watch it next week.I like the idea of the story being set in 3 different decades.

Seemed odd though seeing Dean Andrews who played Ray from 'Life on mars' and 'Ashes to ashes'.Was half expecting Gene Hunt to make an appearance too.
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Can anyone help?-Marchlands started on Jan 27th and we lost 1 of our dogs ,suddenly ,on 28th, so I havent really watched anything the last 3 weeks or so ,as I couldnt seem to concentrate on anything .

I only recorded the first 3 episodes as I had got it in my head there were only 3.-probably because I had read it was set in 3 different decades.
I eventually felt able to try and get my head round the complicated storyline last night-only to discover there are 2 more episodes.
Could anyone give me a brief outline of Episode 4,which was on on Feb 24-Id be so grateful-if not I will just watch the lst episode next week.
I thought it was excellent,though a bit hard to follow at times
I have my own theory on what happened to Alice ,but will have to see if Im right,
What does anyone else think of it-is it as good as you expected etc,
from Maureen
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Ollies mum View Post
Can anyone help?-Marchlands started on Jan 27th and we lost 1 of our dogs ,suddenly ,on 28th, so I havent really watched anything the last 3 weeks or so ,as I couldnt seem to concentrate on anything .

I only recorded the first 3 episodes as I had got it in my head there were only 3.-probably because I had read it was set in 3 different decades.
I eventually felt able to try and get my head round the complicated storyline last night-only to discover there are 2 more episodes.
Could anyone give me a brief outline of Episode 4,which was on on Feb 24-Id be so grateful-if not I will just watch the lst episode next week.
I thought it was excellent,though a bit hard to follow at times
I have my own theory on what happened to Alice ,but will have to see if Im right,
What does anyone else think of it-is it as good as you expected etc,
from Maureen
Hi Maureen can you watch it here...
http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=214818

..all the episodes are here plus a brief resume
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks Minihaha,
Id better watch it just before I watch the last episode,cos at my age I wont remember it and then Episode 5 wont make sense-if that makes sense?
from Maureen
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Any ideas? Last episode thursday
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
Any ideas? Last episode thursday
My feelings is the deaf woman and her mother had something to do with it, a childhood game that went wrong!!
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
My feelings is the deaf woman and her mother had something to do with it, a childhood game that went wrong!!
That's my thoughts too!

I've really enjoyed the series so far & love the split across 3decades. It seems quite seamless & I didn't think i'd be able to follow it, but the format works really well. Apparently it didn't go down well in the US.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >