Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 12:13 AM

The Big Bang Theory

Anyone else been watching the new series? What do you think of it?

I've been watching the show since season one and I absolutely love it! I'm a massive nerd, have been since I was a kid so some of the things they come out with really make me laugh Not so keen on the new series though, I think the introduction of Bernadette and Amy Farrah Fowler has made it not quite as funny.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-02-2011, 12:22 AM
Its very good ...
Amy was blossom ...you have to be a certain age to remember that...lol
Azz
Administrator
Male 

01-02-2011, 01:27 AM
What station is it on?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 08:51 AM
I love it.

But I have also enjoyed the bits with Amy in. Not sure if I'm ahead of you though, as the most recent series has already finished?
(not sure what station its on as OH has control over the remote - I just watch whatever he watches )
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
What station is it on?
E4 or Channel 4 I'm pretty certain you can watch it on 4 OD too though!

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I love it.

But I have also enjoyed the bits with Amy in. Not sure if I'm ahead of you though, as the most recent series has already finished?
(not sure what station its on as OH has control over the remote - I just watch whatever he watches )
Ooh that's strange, are you sure it's finished? I watch along with when it comes out in America so I'm further ahead than those watching it in the UK and the new episode comes out on Thursday

Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Its very good ...
Amy was blossom ...you have to be a certain age to remember that...lol
I've just read the wikipedia entry on Blossom - sounds like a good show!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 01:16 PM
I think it's only had a 'break', I heard the announcer say something like that...I LOVE this show! I don't like the slightly ruder jokes, but on the whole love it. I really like Sheldon, his dry wit and personality are brilliant to watch. I think Penny is a great character in it. I agree, don't mind Amy, but not so keen on Bernadette, she's just not got much to her I don't think.
Also, the theme tune is by my favourite band - Barenaked Ladies - got to see them perform the full theme tune live in September, they're fabulous!
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
I think it's only had a 'break', I heard the announcer say something like that...I LOVE this show! I don't like the slightly ruder jokes, but on the whole love it. I really like Sheldon, his dry wit and personality are brilliant to watch. I think Penny is a great character in it. I agree, don't mind Amy, but not so keen on Bernadette, she's just not got much to her I don't think.
Also, the theme tune is by my favourite band - Barenaked Ladies - got to see them perform the full theme tune live in September, they're fabulous!
That'd make sense as I think they had a writer's strike in America and it held up a lot of TV shows!

Completely agree about Sheldon - he's hilarious!

My boyfriend would be so jealous that you got to see the Bare Naked Ladies!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2011, 09:58 AM
You're boyfriend knows of them?! It's so rare but lovely to meet people in the UK who know them! I didn't get to take my camera as I was worried about sneaking it in, then met the lead singer afterwards and was gutted because I couldn't get a picture with him, I only shook his hand and said "good show" - what a dweeb! He then asked if I wanted a picture and I said no
Tell your boyfriend to join the mailing list to find out when they're coming back, they were here September for a month, so won't be here for a while. But Steven Paige might be coming soon for his solo stuff

I lurve Sheldon - brilliant!