View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2010, 07:16 PM
I hate the "Go Compare" too & compare the meerkat is wearing a bit thin. The BT hub story is rubbish too.
I like Mr One sheet & the giggling baby on the end of the SMA ad.
I loved the cadburys gorilla but that's not on any more
Most of all I hate the DFS - you know when Xmas is coming as everyone needs a new sofa for Xmas don't they!!
oh & those stoopid little random sweets ones annnoy me too!!
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2010, 08:45 PM
oh yes i hate all the sofa ads at christmas! I also hate the go compare ones i switch over if it comes on
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2010, 12:08 AM
The one that gets my goat, is the womens sanitory wear one, which tells all us women that if you use thier product you will have a HAPPY PERIOD. GRRRRRRRR.
In the whole of my reproductive life i never ever had a happy period and i used their stuff too. do you think i should ask for a refund?
I would love to put the whole crew of GO compare on a deserted island and sink all the boats. no other advert has ever had me RUNNING) for the mute button.
I also like the (one sheet ad) my OH does a very good micky take of the bloke, when he says pretty lady. when oh comes back from taking hooch out at the weekend i always ask him if ,hooch had one sheet or two
I think the mute button on the remote is one of the best inventions ever made.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2010, 05:11 PM
I can't bloody stand the go compare adverts, that damned song gets right on my nerves.

Also, those accident at work/personal injury claim adverts. Its so obvious that they're reading from a script its infuriating. I think its also the idea of it tbh, accidence happen, why should you get payed for them.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-08-2010, 06:50 PM
I can't stand the Lloreal adverts "because I'm worth it" ones. Simpering females. Call me naff, but I quite like the Go Compare ones.
ruthshaw9
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-08-2010, 07:10 PM
The one that really annoys me at the moment is the one for some sort of marg, with the woman eating the hot baked potato and making stupid noises because it's too hot then takes another mouthful and does it again. I have to mute the tv.
Another one which has already been mentioned is the woman who gets out of bed, doesn't get washed or changed and dances off down the road, shaking her bum, in the clothes she's slept in, dirty woman!
I often Sky plus programs with adverts and watch them later or start watching after about 20 minutes so I can fast forward through the ads.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2010, 09:27 PM
I want to shoot the Go Compare guy, if he sings that song anywhere near me I will have to beat him with an extremely large stick.

The other one is the windows one with the 'ya buy one ya get one free' guy that looks like Bill Bailey. Why do you have to shout! That really irritates me, along with the accident financial thingy ones mentioned above. Oh and anything to do with Debt recovery...does my head in!

As above, we record on Sky Plus and fast forward. I have noted a ploy though...every single channel pretty much...has their ads on at the same time...it's not coincidence..
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2010, 11:14 AM
I too love Juan Sheet I also love the meerkat ones still, they're awesome!
Cadburys adverts are always good and I love the Bakers advert with the secret agent dogs.
I can't stand the iron bru advert with all the animated farm animals, the little tune annoys me and it's just creepy.
I also loved the talk to frank advert with Pablo the drug mule dog partly because it had David Mitchell and partly because it was just funny.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Another favourite of mine are those old Ribena adds, with those silly little blackcurrant men, I just love them, always makes me laugh, along with Mr. Juan Sheet of course!!!

There's another ad I adore, the one with that blonde woman (she's a model), taking all her clothes off as she walks the length of her flat, with Marvin Gaye playing in the background, it's a perfume one I think, and it's sooooo sexy (no, I'm not gay lol!!! )
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Another favourite of mine are those old Ribena adds, with those silly little blackcurrant men, I just love them, always makes me laugh, along with Mr. Juan Sheet of course!!!

There's another ad I adore, the one with that blonde woman (she's a model), taking all her clothes off as she walks the length of her flat, with Marvin Gaye playing in the background, it's a perfume one I think, and it's sooooo sexy (no, I'm not gay lol!!! )
I love the ribena ad! Mike gets annoyed at me cos I can't help but sing along

My pet hate has to be the ad for the Perle de lait yoghurt. The ones with the woman who ate the sour yoghurts that she didn't like. Well, if she didn't like them, why on earth was she eating them!? Grrr...

Also hate the go compare ads, and injury claim ones...

Oh, and Helena, isn't the perfume ad that "j'adore" one?? It's ringing some bells...

S x
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >