Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 03:07 PM

Indy won beginners!!!!

We went to Stanhope open obedience show today. There was no pre-beginners class so we entered beginners more to give her the experience in the ring than anything - I was fully expecting her not to do the retrieve as she tends to get very worried about it. Well after almost missing booking in (we got totally lost then got stuck behind a tractor for aaaaaages) we were a bit flustered and she hadn't had time to have a good sniff first but she tried her hardest for me. Then we had half an hour before stays, backs to dogs, and she was a little star and didn't move a muscle. The little gem only went and got first place! Loosing just 1.75 marks! I didn't believe it at first when they told me. The judge and steward were really nice as were the other competitors. There was people we don't even know coming over to congratulate us and say how well she worked and lots of nice comments about her heelwork. Several people told us obedience is cliquey and not as friendly as other sports - we've found this totally the opposite at the shows we've been to - everyone is very friendly and chatty and helpful, I recommend anyone giving it a go!!!

*apologies for the picture its a photo of a photo as my scanners broken, there was a professional photographer taking pictures so we got this one as a lovely momento!

x
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Brilliant news, well done both of you.

Love the picture of her, she looks very proud
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Thats absolutely "Bloody Brilliant" perhaps she is one of those dogs that should be worked straight out of the car.

Whatever congratulations to you both anyone who works obed. will know the comp. you are up against.

Very Well Done

love Jeanette
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Brilliant news, well done both of you.

Love the picture of her, she looks very proud
Thanks LH, don't know if she's proud it might have been the whisper in her ear about having tuna on her tea

Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
Thats absolutely "Bloody Brilliant" perhaps she is one of those dogs that should be worked straight out of the car.

Whatever congratulations to you both anyone who works obed. will know the comp. you are up against.

Very Well Done

love Jeanette
Aww thankyou J. I was so shocked! I've just realised no more prebees either thank goodness I entered Felix at Huddersfield to break him in gently bless him
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Well done Hazel and Indy!xx
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Another win and your out of beginners as well!!

Jeanette
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 04:14 PM
well done
Im sure it will be the first of many xxx
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Well done Hazel and Indy!xx
Thank J - it's the power of the midget

Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
Another win and your out of beginners as well!!

Jeanette
Don't think theres much chance of that, Stanhope is a much smaller show than the others we have entered this year - thank goodness!!!
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
well done
Im sure it will be the first of many xxx
Thankyou she's currently stretched out upside down in 'her' armchair with a tummy full of tuna and biscuits no doubt she'll be demanding a taste of our chinese when it arrives as well
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Kicks View Post
Thankyou she's currently stretched out upside down in 'her' armchair with a tummy full of tuna and biscuits no doubt she'll be demanding a taste of our chinese when it arrives as well
lol you have just put me right in the mood for a chinese now,,,

bet you feel great though,, and its never a bad thing to have a good day in the ring, it always shows the next time your in the ring,,, that little glimmer of confidence always helps, xx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >