Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
It's our Bearsden way. Cledens Agility.There is another one in Strathclyde park but I don't really want to be outside when it's pouring down! Not that the rain bothers me if it's a show thats on it's just I'd rather have a roof over my head even if it's only an old farm building!

Was out with him in the garden earlier with 2 jumps and some very makeshift weaves. He loved it. Going to B&Q tomorrow with dad because he wants (kinda forced to ) make a seesaw etc!
thats where i went, they are fantastic, the trainers are very good and extremley helpful, dont do what i did though and miss the turning, as soon as you turn into the road its the first opening on your left, the sign for it was covered in weeds when i went so couldnt really see it, and follow the road down to the stables (you should pass parrots on a stand ), there should be a load of cars parked and theres a building that when you go and look it looks like a garage it is in there just go in and turn to your left and its there

im going to phone about the one in bellahouston as its just over the road from my mum and that means that i dont need either my stepdad or bf to take me to the class
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by lisa01uk87 View Post
thats where i went, they are fantastic, the trainers are very good and extremley helpful, dont do what i did though and miss the turning, as soon as you turn into the road its the first opening on your left, the sign for it was covered in weeds when i went so couldnt really see it, and follow the road down to the stables (you should pass parrots on a stand ), there should be a load of cars parked and theres a building that when you go and look it looks like a garage it is in there just go in and turn to your left and its there

im going to phone about the one in bellahouston as its just over the road from my mum and that means that i dont need either my stepdad or bf to take me to the class
That's good then I think it's either the one in Bellahouston mums friend went to. They were good but unfortunetly her dog wasn't the best breed for agility and ended up with hip problems and I'm sure the agility didn't help She now has a pup of the same breed so will see if she goes again.

On the phone the woman was like 'And it's straight on the LEFT' so it must be a pretty sharp turning!

Ah I can't wait to get him along to it! Obedience starts next week again too so I want to get him along to his first competition for that before Christmas.. He got 1st in prebegginers and 4th in begginers at the clubs show
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Oh I know Liz the trainer haven't seen her for ages though Tell her Anne with the Beardies in Fife was asking for her
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 07:50 PM
its an extremly sharp turn, everyones really friendly there, im sure you will enjoy it
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 08:34 PM
I know the folk at Cleddens. Nice bunch of folk. Have fun.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Sounds asif it's friendly then I know our obedience club is friendly but others are rather unwelcoming so I'm always unsure about these places before I go I've stuck in showing for this long with all the unwelcomness so anything else will be a breeze

If Blu starts to get nervy etc being around new dogs I guess they won't take that as a problem then if it's a friendly bunch? People at ringcraft got anoyed because Blu was taking up their time
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 08:37 PM
here is a video i found on youtube it will show you just how much fun it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRjMV...eature=channel
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
Sounds asif it's friendly then I know our obedience club is friendly but others are rather unwelcoming so I'm always unsure about these places before I go I've stuck in showing for this long with all the unwelcomness so anything else will be a breeze

If Blu starts to get nervy etc being around new dogs I guess they won't take that as a problem then if it's a friendly bunch? People at ringcraft got anoyed because Blu was taking up their time
They won't get annoyed. I'm sure of it! They are a mixed bunch of people with a variety of breeds, all lovely. Some compete, some don't.

Linda with Dolly the Bolognese is extremely lovely, she's so funny too. You'll know what I mean when you meet her. She's great and so is wee Dolly.

No. I'm sure they won't get annoyed. I'm sure they'll let you take all the time you need - and so they should do. It's meant to be fun for everyone.

Do let us know how it goes.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by lisa01uk87 View Post
here is a video i found on youtube it will show you just how much fun it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRjMV...eature=channel
Looks like fun. With the energy he has he will need to run the course 10 times a day

Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
They won't get annoyed. I'm sure of it! They are a mixed bunch of people with a variety of breeds, all lovely. Some compete, some don't.

Linda with Dolly the Bolognese is extremely lovely, she's so funny too. You'll know what I mean when you meet her. She's great and so is wee Dolly.

No. I'm sure they won't get annoyed. I'm sure they'll let you take all the time you need - and so they should do. It's meant to be fun for everyone.

Do let us know how it goes.
Well I'm sure you know how impaitent people can be at times But I'm sure he will enjoy it! He already knows what 'jump' and 'weave' means since yesterday.

I can never say that breed name. Always think it's like the food

Will let you know If mum comes along then might get her to take some pics! Not until 19th August anyway.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Been practising with him the past few days. Got a tunnel, seesaw that doesn't go too high for now, 2 jumps and 'weaves'.

He sits and waits until I say 'Blu go!' then tell him to jump over the jumps. For the seesaw I say 'hit it' so he hits the contact points and goes over it. He runs through the tunnel without a problem then for the weaves I just keep saying 'weave,weave' and he does it himself. Bet he shows me up when we go to the class though!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >