Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2020, 07:33 AM

Daily Thread, Monday. 17th February, 2020

Good morning everyone, I hope you survived the night ok. I trust that you and your four legged friends are all ok. I have a thundering sore throat and feeling groggy.

Have a good day, wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2020, 08:42 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Sorry you are unwell again and hope the throat soon clears

Raining hard again and the wind has returned

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2020, 09:33 AM
Morning everyone

Overcvast here wind blowing but dry so washing on the line bedding in the machine (maybe too hopeful) next door also has bedding out on the line and one down from them too we are a hopeful bunch of neighbours. John my neighbour but one not yet but hw often follows our lead. So me Anne (not John) and then Sue. Washing out.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2020, 10:45 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue, Kazz and all to follow.
Still very breezy but sunny and bright.

Washing going out in a bit for me Kazz hope it stays on the line.

Well what a nightmare we have had. Sold my Peugeot Saturday guy coming to pick it up yesterday but his OH doesn't drive and he had sold his car and even if he hadn't untaxed it goodness knows how he was going to drive two cars home.
Se we drove the Peugeot to him he test drove it happy with it deal done. Docs signed.
Came home to take tax off didn't recognise the doc number he tried taxing it his end same thing. We then discovered I was using the old reg doc from School road, when we moved here I couldn't find applied for new one while updating address. I know I should of chicked the old one. Messaged him with the new doc reference from correct v5 but it ook a couple of hours for the tax site to catch up.
Anyway hopefully today with the right ref number he will be able to tax it without any problems.
I will post the new keeper slip to him unless he needs it to tax at a post office then I am happy to drive it over, they do live in the middle of nowhere pretty much.
Sad to see the car go but sensible and we have a nice new shiny Chrysler.
Some Dogsey good vibes would be appreciated that the taxing goes smoothly then I can stop worrying.

griff sorry you are feeling low, we don't mind you coming on and having a rant if you need one.
Moyra I do think like the others Steve does take advantage.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2020, 11:53 AM
Gosh Lynn, hope the car gets taxed o.k. Dad couldn't find his v5 so ordered another, then found the old one...I didn't know which was right so took both to the post office where I was given the Spanish inquisition as to why I had 2 V5's
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2020, 01:42 PM
OOh err griff, he doesn't have either the old one with the School rd address is now torn up and in the bin, the correct one with this address posted off 1st class today.
He has the ref for the correct in his messages so he shouldn't have a problem taxing it now hopefully I keep checking and as of yet he has not taxed it but he is at work.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2020, 01:47 PM
To be honest, this whole tax thing is a right nightmare sometimes, dad put his car on sorn and I took the Letter with the reference number to be told they couldn't do it with the reference number I needed the v5 and insurance and then they couldn't do it off a credit card, luckily I had my debit card so had to pay on that
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2020, 01:55 PM
They certainly make money out of you that's for sure. As per the insurance d/d due out tomorrow 37.92, rang first ting to cancel insurance I knew there would be a cancellation fee but £60 plus a 27.00 fee for one days cover or something yesterday to which I argued how can I canl when you are shut and by the afternoon the car wasn't mine any longer. I argued but they wouldn't budge so they took the 87.00 and said they cancelled the d/d and advised I did my end I said to right you aren't getting another penny out of me, so in the end not to bad because they will not take 37.92 tomorrow.
When Gorden cancelled the van they lessened the cancellation fee due to not long ago taking a payment.
When I worked in insurance it was all done pro-rata sometimes you got nothing back and other times you had a bit to come back it was down to the months you had paid for and the risk, not nowadays everyone out to make a buck out of you.
They all do it now.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2020, 03:37 PM
Afternoon all

All good here, had to dash out once and rescue washing but since then perfect so washed Gert's bedding and throws too. Given the forecast. Got Gert out again and picked up pork chop for dinner cauli and cheese sauce too.
Had cancelled my BT mobile sim on Friday and considering changing to Sky just shopping around had a email from BT same deal from £15 a month to £5 a month so staying with BT.

Sounds a bit of a headache regarding Tax but sure it will resolve itself hopefully with you driving over Lynn.
So you are a one car family.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2020, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Sorry you are unwell again and hope the throat soon clears

Raining hard again and the wind has returned

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe
Hope all is good with you regarding weather etc and your son his enjoying his break. Is he enjoying his job here?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >