Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2008, 09:38 PM

Shaddow was bitten tonight!!

We were visiting family tonight, so took pup away with us. There is a car park bit with garages and a big piece of grass at the back of them. So my OH took Shadow away to the grass to check he didn't need the loo before we went into the house while I locked the car.
When I spotted this Jack russell wandering through the car park and heading to grass I said Hello to him and he went over to Shadow a they smelt each other's butts then all of a sudden he had a huge go at Shadow when he was walking away after saying hello. The JR bite his face, neck and leg before my OH pulled him off! - At this point I will add that Shadow had a Halti head collar and lead on while the JR had no lead or owner!
My OH and I were very concerned as Shadow had yelped like hell and some fur had been pulled out, we took him into the house and checked him over and he was fine, a little shocked but fine!
Once I found out he was ok I went looking for the owner and it didn't take me long to find her!! I told her what had happened and she said it was out of character for him, I said I really didn't care as he should have been supervised off lead or on a lead! All I got was that he's fine with other dogs in the area, I said that's fine but Shad's only been in the area 3 times, how would she feel if it was my dog that attacked hers, and that it's a public place that it happened so legally he should have been on a lead, or a least supervised!!! I mean the JR crossed over a busy car park and could have easily been run over and said she should be more responsible, then I got some f's and c's, so I just walked off still reeling!! Not even an apology!

Sorry rant is now over........
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Report it to her local dog warden.

Then she will have to find some manners very quickly.

I hope Shaddow gets over the shock soon.
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2008, 09:50 PM
My OH's grandparents (family we were visiting) said we should have reported it to the police but I wouldn't do it! They are going to find out which flat she's in and let us know so we can put a complaint in against her, they've said the dog is always off it's lead and it's been in their house before chasing one of their cats!! But didn't know who it belonged to, so couldn't put a complaint in!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Aww poor pup! How old is she? I would find a friendly JR asap so she can meet one and have a nice experience of them. We did that with Tonks when she met a nasty staff.
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2008, 10:00 PM
He is 6 months, luckily we have a JR in our street so when we got home I went round, explained the situation and they kindly brought her to the park so Shadow could play with her! And he seems to be ok now, I think my OH is still in shock tho at how quick it kicked off
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by **Leanne** View Post
He is 6 months, luckily we have a JR in our street so when we got home I went round, explained the situation and they kindly brought her to the park so Shadow could play with her! And he seems to be ok now, I think my OH is still in shock tho at how quick it kicked off
Aww well that's really good that she had a nice experience straight away.
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2008, 10:06 PM
I made sure he did, I didnt want him frightened because of an owners lack of responsibility!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

04-06-2008, 10:08 PM
So glad Shadow was not badly hurt and hopefully with being able to play with a friendly JR will not be traumatised. Can understand that you OH is in shock they can be so quick.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by **Leanne** View Post
I made sure he did, I didnt want him frightened because of an owners lack of responsibility!
Good for you! Lucky it was a fairly common dog and you didn't have to scour the streets for something like a Slovakian Rough coated Pointer!
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Good for you! Lucky it was a fairly common dog and you didn't have to scour the streets for something like a Slovakian Rough coated Pointer!
Yeah that's very true!!!! We're quite lucky in our street as we all go to the same park and even tho there is a wide range of breeds there's nothing rare lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >