Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2007, 08:38 PM

Builders are back...

Well folks we must be gluttons for punishment. We have the builders back again doing the cosmetic stuff on the inside of the house now
They were supposed to start next Monday but have come nearly a week early! OH forgot to tell me until late the night before that they were turning up the next morning!
I wanted new wall coverings in the front room, stairs and landing and had this idea in my head to have tongue and groove wood cladding instead of paint or wallpaper. I knew what I wanted it to look like in my head but didn't know if it would work in reality.
Came home tonight and the whole front room, stairs and part of the landing are already done and it's GORGEOUS!!!!
It makes the place look more cottagey and a lot bigger. We've just had a natural oil finish on the wood so it's a really pale blond colour. Can't believe the difference it's made. We're really chuffed with it.
They still have the bedroom to replaster and a few other jobs as well. Then it's new carpets throughout and the rest of the smaller jobs for us to do.
Can't wait for you all to see the finished product.
To top it all off, I caught them hoovering up there mess when I got home from work