Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2006, 10:43 PM

Curry Night - Red Wine all over beige carpet

We have just had a very enjoyable evening with my In-Laws. They wanted to go out for an Indian but we decided to have a take out instead.

Set the table in the Dining Room, just sat down to eat when F.I.L knocked over a bottle of red wine......

Having heard the tale of pouring white wine over I immediately went to the kitchen and found a bottle of white, and poured it over the red wine. It has lifted the red from the carpet but.... the outside mark remains and the are that was covered in red wine looks totally rubbed raw now.

Of course the boys decided to have a lick too!!!!!

So, should I use a carpet shampoo or any other suggestions please.

This carpet runs from the Dining Room and into the Lounge, and covers quite an area. So an expensive job to replace, having said that I have recently changed household insurance policy, won't they think it strange ?

Can't remember the last time I clamied....
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Simple solution pet stain and odour remover (from PAH) - i have used it for all sorts of stains including blood and it WORKS! i have even used it on old blood stains (unspayed bitch not murder ) and it came up a treat - good luck xx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2006, 11:39 PM
that made me laugh!! Right are they 24hrs ???
ok, so up and out early tomorrow!!
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-11-2006, 08:50 AM
If you've scrubbed the carpet flat -let it dry then put a couple of ice cubes on the flat bit..let them melt and dry and then hoover over the patch ,it will lift the pile back up
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Hows the carpet looking in the cold light of day Trixybird ?
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Had a call this morning from F.I.L bless his heart, he said he woke in the middle of the night worrying about it, so has come around this morning with a carpet cleaner!!!

If you really look hard you can see that there was a spillage, but to be honest I am surprised It's not as bad as I first thought - so all forgiven
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2006, 06:45 PM
have heard that putting soda water on stains like red wine works (but admittedly havnt tried it!) make sure there is still fizz in the soda water pour it on and leave for around 10 mins then soak up with something like kitchen roll.

But like I say havn't tried it