View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-11-2017, 12:47 PM
We are always clearing up leaves to Sue. No acorns though.
Yes Kazz where does the time go ? Did wonder sometimes in the early days if we would make 6 years Met someone while walking today lady with a stick so we stepped into the road to go round her and she commented what a lovely boy Dillon is how well behaved and a credit to me.
I laughed and said it has been extremely hard work while he was young but he is such a good boy now.
Really worried last night it is an achievement to get him to 6 after losing Max at 41/2 then Ollie.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2017, 02:04 PM
TJune trying to recall who you had when you joined here over 12 years ago now July
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-11-2017, 02:06 PM
That would of been Zanta berner/newfie who had to be returned to her breeder at 8 months because we just didn't gel.
She was homed to a lovely lady and her family in the west midlands and recently went over the rainbow bridge aged 12+.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-11-2017, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Really worried last night it is an achievement to get him to 6 after losing Max at 41/2 then Ollie.
You've done really well with Dillon, I'm sure it's your constant attention and always being there for him which has got him to the age he is.

I remember your Max and of course Ollie who had two serious medical problems and a third which I think you only found out about at the post mortem. I still compare him with our late Baruska except we were not able to do a PM.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-11-2017, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
We had no trick or treaters!
None here either

Since you mentioned how you like squirels I had better tell you I had a close encounter with one this afternoon.

Driving the dogs to Knettishal it's all minor country roads, lots of squirels about now and one was sitting just at the road side, I started to slow down a tad expecting him to jump into the grass verge and through the hedge but oh NO he decides to run across the road to the other side

Well that's OK 'cos I was slowing and he could have (just about) made it to the other side but then half way across he stops, turns, and tries to make it back to the side where started from

Well I do a bit of swerving, he goes under the car, but not under the wheels, (at least I didn't feel any 'bump' or 'thud') and I didn't see him in my rear view mirror (flattened) nor did I see anything on my return trip so I assume he exited between the front and back wheels OR he stayed still until after I passed over him

They might be fury and cute but they sure ain't got much in the way of brains
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2017, 06:11 PM
Lol...a squirrel playing chicken lol
Walked the dogs in the dark...was well scary, was dark and an eery fog hanging about
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-11-2017, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Walked the dogs in the dark...was well scary, was dark and an eery fog hanging about
There's not much you can do but if at all possible avoid night time walks.

Of course you have the required lump of lead wrapped around the bottom of your crutches

Hope those tiny white pills were not too bad today
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2017, 10:34 PM
I don't mind walking them in the dark, it was the fog that was creepy lol...deagan thought it was ace, i forgot dakotas light and with her being black...on lead walk for her lol
I did o.k today Harvey...until about 9pm and then the nausea got me! Never mind, hopefully sleep through the worst and tomorrow will be a better day
Mum moved to her new office today and how did she mark the occasion?? Walked into a revolving door lol...has got a huuuugggge purple egg on her forehead spreading down to her eye, given her arnica cream and the dogs witch hazel to use
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2017, 11:08 PM
Evening all, sounds as if everyone enjoyed Halloween in their own way. We don't get any callers of that nature due to the isolated nature of our dwelling and the fact that I have no fondness for being disturbed by anyone - let alone ghastly children. I have no doubt that Fagin would love to have someone to "play" with but the laws of the land dictate that such things are extremely verboten!
Glad that Dillon is now OK, Lynn, Bernese must be a constant worry for you, although very beautiful dogs and possessing lovely characters they seem to be very wearing on the nerves. Prone as they are to what seems an unending list of calamities. Let's hope that he leaves it a very good while before he treats you to another dose of worrying!!!
Griff - hope you enjoyed your trip out in the dark, please don't worry for as they always say "They are more scared of you than you are of them" which in your case could possibly be true! lol !
Evening Harvey - it's good to read of your brush with "Suicide Cyril the Looney Squirrel" it must be a relative of the daft little boogers we get up here. When they are not trying to get run over ours play a deadly game of tag with the dogs. The consequences of a mistake in which are invariably fatal and as such best not dwelt on. I can't help liking them and admiring their "chutzpah" even if they are an alien species and high on the unwanted critter list. They do a fair amount of damage to young trees and I've lost a good few young pigeons to them over the years, they take them from the nest bowls when they are only a week or two old, so far from being happy little squirrel Nutkin they are actually furry assassins. Ergo I shouldn't really be on their side at all.
Must go as Tess is mithering to go out, which is unlike her but I don't like to keep them waiting.
Take care all best wishes to everyone, bye fer now.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2017, 11:59 PM
Another month started and the first day just ending.
We dropped off a few things at the rescue centre then had lunch here:

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2