Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-10-2017, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I use auto glym shampoo and dependent on the colour of car either a dark gloss polish or just the autoglym polish. I was the car with a 2bucket method, squeegee the excess water off and then use a chamois, allow the car to dry, apply the polish and depending on how energetic i feel i either buff off by hand or use my electric polisher. If it's an older car and the plastic bumper caps are black but faded out i use black scuff remover ( shoe polish) on there and also the black rubbing strips, inside i hoover the carpets, spray with a carpet cleaning foam and hoover again, for the dash i used a cickpit shine spray and also use that on seat surrounds and plastic door casings, fabric seats get a hoover and a spray with a fabric refresher, leather seats are hoovered and then treated with a leather cleaner / restorer. Wheels are cleaned with soapy water and individual spokes/splines are cleaned to remorall brake dust, tyres have tyre black dressing applied. Glass is cleaned using autoglym fast glass
Wow well that's it Kazz, in my opinion you can't beat that (Assuming you've got the energy ) I do agree with Griff about Auto Glym products, they are very good yes a tad more expensive but you do get a good finish. In the days when I did clean our cars meticulously I used Auto Glym especially on the glass.

Now, since I drive what I call the classic 'Old Banger' it just gets a spray with the hose pipe and a quick vacuum on the carpets.

Why do I call it an old banger Well lots of things have fallen off and when I tied Caseys lead to the wing mirror (and he took off after another dog) the outer casing came off.

I taped it back with some silver coloured gaffer tape (It is black) intending to get some black gaffer tape from Halfords before SWMBO noticed. That was two years ago, she has never spotted it and I'm just happy if it passes the MoT
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2017, 05:56 PM
lol...nowt wrong with an old banger Harvey, up until recently all we had was quite old second hand cars, now we have slightly newer second hand cars Lol, if it goes and passes it's mot...it's a keeper Lol
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2017, 06:09 PM
I use auto glym shampoo and dependent on the colour of car either a dark gloss polish or just the autoglym polish. I was the car with a 2bucket method, squeegee the excess water off and then use a chamois, allow the car to dry, apply the polish and depending on how energetic i feel i either buff off by hand or use my electric polisher. If it's an older car and the plastic bumper caps are black but faded out i use black scuff remover ( shoe polish) on there and also the black rubbing strips, inside i hoover the carpets, spray with a carpet cleaning foam and hoover again, for the dash i used a cickpit shine spray and also use that on seat surrounds and plastic door casings, fabric seats get a hoover and a spray with a fabric refresher, leather seats are hoovered and then treated with a leather cleaner / restorer. Wheels are cleaned with soapy water and individual spokes/splines are cleaned to remorall brake dust, tyres have tyre black dressing applied. Glass is cleaned using autoglym fast glass
Okay you are hired.............drop the car off tomorrow at 10....
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2017, 06:10 PM
Percy Panda is identified by his 55 number plate.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2017, 07:09 PM
Lol....it wipes me out Kazz but i find it therapeutic....might not be able to do much for days after but shiny cars remind me of what i was good at.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2017, 07:46 PM
Lol....it wipes me out Kazz but i find it therapeutic....might not be able to do much for days after but shiny cars remind me of what i was good at.
Well as the apprentice I shall wax on wax off aunder your direction and photo before and after
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Lol, hope you don't get too cold or windswept lol. For what it's worth, as a former Mechanic I never bothered about the state of customers cars. The worst ones were vet vehicles, they used to leave uncapped needles all over....i used to hate that oh and when people had hit a deer and you opened the tailgate to find a late bambi staring back at you...ewwww
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3