Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Well done Bella, but did all the excitement upset your tum
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Think it was more likely to be the cocktail of drugs Nippy.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Oh well done that dog Not sure how she will take to the nose job, but who nose, I mean knows, she might be just as laid back and good.

*accidentally smacks Tang around the head on the way out of thread for mentioning such a teeny tiny fee.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Well done Bella, and well done Pat for paying so little
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Well done Bella, and well done Pat for paying so little
I'd happily pay them many times that amount. I am SO lucky to have found such a good vet here (they are scarce).

They pride themselves on their knowledge of all the different breeds they deal with. Two real characters, so laid back and take all the time in the world with you and your dog. Just keep talking to her non stop - he calls her 'Bel'.

His favourite two words are 'This type' lol!

This type of dog,
This type of vaccination
This type of respiratory condition
This type of behaviour

His first words ever to me when I first took her along were 'first please sit down while I tell you some things about THIS TYPE of dog you've got'

As for the cost - well when I think I payed the Berkshire vet (miserable sod) £67 just for her to get the Frontline capsule and worm pill prior to flying and he refused to give them - I had to do it because he thought she would bite him!

Just about the only thing here that costs more is Frontline - €10 per ampoule so €30 for a packet and that's for smallest size.

I'm not saving any money by buying it online. Because I am dosing next door's dog too as they can't afford it! But she plays with Bella all the time and she is much furrier than Bella is! So I see it as being for Bella's benefit!

*I also bought Mara the Cyp Poodle a smart new red collar and matching lead as I felt so sorry for her wearing a tatty old shredded one when Bella was out in her smart ones! But then she is Bella's good pal. The dog that I've known for 3 years and have never heard bark, never, not even once.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Good girl Bella.
Sounds like a lovely vet.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2013, 07:46 PM
I asked EVERYWHERE in Cyprus on the internet when she was kept in at the original vet where I wasn't happy with them.

Their name came up again and again so I took her from the other one and went to him - no appointment - just walked in with her in a right sorry state.

They are not just super vets they are really nice blokes too and very good looking!

When it came to finding the BEST boarding kennels I did the same and set off to look at them all. But PetStop just kept coming up and I can see why.

I was not then in the least bit surprised to find out THEY USE MY VET TOO even though he is in Larnaca and they are in Aradippou. So doubly happy with that as if she ever needed a vet while I am away she will be going to her own vet.

This guy REALLY helped me when I lost Bella's passport coz the batch number stickers for the rabies vaccine batches were in it. He went to no END of trouble to sort that out going back over all the records to get the right numbers for me on the right dates so she wouldn't have to start over with it.

And didn't charge a penny for his time and trouble. And if he isn't sure about something he TELLS YOU SO. I like that. He has in fact asked me to phone DEFRA to get clarification on some points that puzzled him (they puzzled me too) saying that as I speak perfect English there would be no room for error in understanding - I found out and let him know.

Really couldn't be happier with any vet anywhere. In fact I've only had one vet before that I had this much confidence in.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2