Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 09:57 AM

Argan Oil

Has anybody tried Argan oil? I got a bottle fron the £ shop for my frizzy hair & it's brilliant. Just 2 drops (for short hair) rubbed into towel dry hair & my hair is lovely & soft & shiny. Just been googling it & apparently it's suitable for all sorts of skin problems as well.
I've seen it in HomeBargain as well for £1.99.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2013, 10:18 AM
My hairdresser used it on my hair last time I went (ages ago now) and he was saying how good it was and it certainly made a difference. I asked how much it was, and very expensive, I commented that no doubt Asda would be doing their own make very soon and he said it wouldn't have the right stuff in, I said nuffink, but from what you have said about finding it in the £ shop and it working I think I was right!!!
Will get some for myself now you have said that!!!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 10:34 AM
It might not be the original expensive stuff but seeing as it works its good enough for me My hair usually goes to a frizzy mess at the first sign of rain but not now.
It's in a little brown bottle in the £ shop or a brown box in HomeBargain.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 12:15 PM
I use the Paul Stafford one from Boots it is awesome, use sparingly though

I have nearly waist length hair and lots of it and only use 2 pumps each time.

Whatever you do do NOT buyt the stuff from Boots in the blue bottle (it was on offer once so i bought it and it was AWFUL - so much so i wrote a review on it on their website I was so dissapointed!)
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Definitely will be having a look in the £ shop, have got money this week, so will get some before next week when I won't have any My hair's really long now, well past my shoulderblades as not had a cut, wash and blow, or colour for 6 months. Youngest son has given me the money to go as part of my birthday pressie, so will be spending an afternoon there being pampered, not sure about the length, can afford to have a good chunk taken off and still have it a decent length.
Was pleased to find out plaits are back in as I have been plaiting mine and then saw on This Morning it is the Latest Thing, am I trendy or wot
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 01:14 PM
I bought this (along with the accompanying shampoo etc) from Avon in UK last year for my understudy. My nieces swear by it for their hair. T'was them told me about it.

Here they are! I love them like my own daughter (and all 3 are almost the same age)

Amy on the left is a midwife and Lisa on the right a young WPC

Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 01:50 PM
I'm glad to hear others agree with me about how good it is. I'm always wary about recommending stuff in case others think its rubbish.
I usually keep my hair short now as when it grows a bit it grows out side ways & looks like a loo brush but might try to grow it a bit now & see if it lies flatter using this.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
I'm glad to hear others agree with me about how good it is. I'm always wary about recommending stuff in case others think its rubbish.
I usually keep my hair short now as when it grows a bit it grows out side ways & looks like a loo brush but might try to grow it a bit now & see if it lies flatter using this.
Good luck with it. My eldest son has hair that 'grows sideways' well he did have before it all started falling out!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Seen some when I was in Asda for £2, so have got that.
Will let you know how it works
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-07-2013, 06:30 PM
I have just been reading about it. Pure Argan oil is made from the Moroccan Argan tree but it is very limited in quantity due to Argan orchards disappearing due to deforestation and overgrazing by goats.

Anyhow, there is an Israeli company who have working to grow the trees and produce the oil and have developed a strain to grow in the Arava Valley in the Negev Desert and near the city of Ashqelon – as well as in similar climates anywhere in the world.

It is reckoned that Israel has about 20,000 Argan trees in total, each tree providing 220lbs of fruit, which can make just two litres of oil. At the moment the oil is is available to wholesalers and to retail customers in limited supply, and the only place here that I have found who sell it want a small fortune for even a couple of ounces of the stuff.

I think I will pass on it for the foreseeable future!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >