Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 06:19 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Monday

Good morning all Dogsey Peops

I haven't been able to keep up at all over the week-end, but I hope you've all had a good one, enjoying the glorious sushine.

Lynn, I know what you'll be doing this week, and I hope you find that home of your dreams and can move on quickly, it's all so exciting, and quite unexpected really isn't it! Good luck to you.

Bev, I hope you managed to get some packing done over the week-end and I think I saw you were on another marathon with Lily for such a good cause, so I hope you did well.

Linda, sorry to read about poor Loki, and I hope you're all under control again today with him.

Jen, loved the pics you put up of your birthday boy, and glad it all went so very well, bet you're worn out today.

Jenny, I think I read you were dossing about on a chair down by the river, watching the boats go by and waving to everyone, when there was ironing to do, tcht!

Sally, didn't see you around last night when I popped in, so I hope all is well with you and Jimster, and that you enjoyed the Grand Prix yesterday, we certainly did, would love to have been there, especially as it wasn't raining this year.

Harvey, still thinking of you both there and hope each day is getting easier.

Rose, hope you managed a good day at the markets this week-end, and I couldn't believe the weather you were having over there when we had all the sunshine.

Malka, hope Pereg is still doing fine.

Well, that's about all I can remember from my little visits over the week-end, it sure has been a busy one. Dave was on a downer last night ready to face the music at work again this week. He said there's a limit to how many slaps in the face he can take and he's now at the end of his tether, when really, it's just normal stuff that everyone has to face in these bad times, but I listened as I always do, did the droopy face bit, tried to offer advice, got told off that he got locked out of his bank account cos some of the characters on this old keyboard I'm back on now have letters missing, cos they have to blame somebody don't they Got told off too, for chatting to the accountant about gsd's (he has 5 of them) instead of letting him sort out things he wanted to with him, and that was Zena's fault too for plonking that ball in his lap all the time! I'm sure he comes up here to play with Zena and not really to sort out Dave's accounts Hey ho, it'll soon be Friday and he'll be back home again.

Pat, I'm booking my flight!!!

First, I've gotta get my skates on cos I have a long awaited appointment with my brilliant hairdresser

Enjoy your day everyone, won't be around again until lunchtime.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2013, 06:28 AM
Morning Helena sorry Dave was on a downer this weekend.
That garage has to go if he can find a buyer it really does seem to be getting to much for him now doesn't it and you getting the blame for everything isn't good.
It is a good thing at the moment I think that you get that break in the week to be just you and Zena.
Then you are ready to fight another day.
Have a good haircut.

I echo all that Helena has said to everybody today.
Have a safe Monday all.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 06:30 AM
Morning H and all

Enjoy your sit down at the hairdressers H, hope it turns out well.

I have a busy day today, my last full day at home to finish sorting the caravan. I hope I don't forget anything! The major thing is to give it a good wash, hasn't had one since last year so could do with it although the winter cover worked well and there is no green slime all over the roof!

I bought a porch awning on ebay yesterday for when I go for shorter stays,oh will pick that up this evening.

I hope you all have a good day, Happy house hunting Lynn!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 06:32 AM
Morning Lynn, yes it has, but unfortunately, he's stuck with it until that lease expires in 2015, otherwise he's liable for the rent. He could go bankrupt, and I think that's possibly what he might do if he can't take another year or more of it. Oh the joys hey! We all have our cross to bear in this life Lynn don't we, mine's getting a tad heavy here though

Morning Gerry, enjoy sprucing up that caravan, a soft broom is good, so you won't have to stand on any ladders, which is not so good!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 06:42 AM
Morning H and all,

Sorry your weekend didn't pick up H. I was hoping Daves migraine would go and you could both have an enjoyable time. Make the most of your week and have some fun.

I never got any packing done at the weekend as I was working from 8-6.30 Sat and sun at the show and today back to work this morning, a short break lunchtime and back again till 7pm. Its like that all this week so no spare time.
My son is coming over and picking me up from work tonight and taking me to the new house to have a look at what fencing I need to get, so will be quite late before I get home i expect as we will also call in my mums on the way back.

Roll on the weekend as at the moment it actually looks like I will not be working and can try and catch up on jobs round here and make the final arrangements for the wedding which is only 10 days away now.

Good luck with the house hunting lynn

Hope everyone else is ok. have a good day all.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-07-2013, 07:17 AM

A very bleugh night so quickly did my urgent things, ie checked Pereg's food diary from yesterday and put down what she is having today making sure I took what was necessary out of the freezer yesterday, also writing [as it is the first of the month] what Day she is on and also Frontline. Frontlined her and then posted the Monday Steam Mop silly ditty.

I am now going to make my first coffee and try to have a ketchup before I imprint the keyboard on my face!

In the words of whoever it was, I Will Be Back! so in the meantime I hope the sun shines on you all today.

Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 07:26 AM
Morning Helena, Lynn and fellow members,

Helena - ..... and it had been going so well. If he can get rid of the garage I'm sure he'd be a changed person. He's not enjoying it and it must be like a ball and chain round his neck and to make matters worse at least 4 nights a week he is alone in his van knowing you are in that gorgeous house of yours with the Zena. Recharge your batteries and I really hope your hair cut/colour goes well I bet you'll look gawjus
Moet - Good luck finishing your van off - I assume this is in preparation for going off on holiday? Well what a lovely dry sunny day to wash it on and thumbs up to those winter covers as that green algae that seems to thrive on vans over winter is such a pain to remove.
Lynn - Good luck with the continued house search and enjoy your walk with Dillon today.
Bev - I hope your new house is everything you remember it to be when you visit it later. I expect Lily will sleep all day today after her busy weekend ...... and oh I bet you'd love to as well. ((hugs)).
L.S. - I hope Loki has remained settled ((hugs)) to you and him.

Another very disturbed night again last night which is really naffing me off. I am sure it is foxes in the garden which is waking them up. I love these long days we have in the summer, but I honestly believe my dogs think as soon as its light its time for everyone (well me) to get up

I'm off to give them a marathon of a walk today to try and exhaust them ..... although it will probably just exhaust me Other than than its a day of laundry and possibly some more painting outside.

Enjoy your Monday everyone.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 07:28 AM
Malka - Morning - you snuck in while I was typing. I hope your day improves and you can have a bit of a nap later - I certainly intend to. See you later.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 07:28 AM
Morning from Ireland

Helena; it all sounds very heavy and complicated there; so sorry and hope it clears even a little,

Been in bed all weekend and no markets and no end in sight. Weather patchy and advice that I need to be careful re getting soaked just now to try to avoid the kidney issues becoming permanent. Age and the auto-immune issues with the ME and the infection.

Running out of supplies so planning a first light supply run tomorrow .. been so lucky with acute illnesses these last years so the mechanism is a little rusty.

Collie is in bits after last night; medicated her.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 07:32 AM
Jenny g said

I'm off to give them a marathon of a walk today to try and exhaust them ..... although it will probably just exhaust me
When my two are like this I throw ball. Wee dog chases it and collie chases wee dog. This can go on a long while then they both lie down and beg for mercy and I have not had to walk at all.. can be done seated!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »