Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 05:52 AM

After the digger...

Frayed and fragile..

They clearly decided y'day that whatever else, they would finish the fields... so along they came, three tractors and a baler that gave out like a big lorry in reverse every few minutes...

This is a few feet from the back of the house. Fine I thought, When it starts to get dark, they will stop.. maybe 9 ish.. that is fine...

But not these ones.... I know; they wanted it finished. So on went the headlights and on went the roaring bleeping up and down hill..me dodging headlights in the kitchen...

At almost midnight, I cracked and left a message on lls mobile .. Irish custom called "giving out" that is like nothing else I ever encountered! Never done it before as I tend to follow through on what I say. Rules are that you say whatever you feel like saying, threats, personal attack, insults, then stomp off and the next day everyone acts as if nothing had happened. Unbelievable..
Never any following through of course.

So I "gave out"; ultimate threat of finding a new house; he and I know that I would not do that of course. Not a lot of other stuff but enough.. and why not the simple courtesy of knocking on the door and saying they would be working late etc.
Then I called family in Canada for tea and sympathy; am out of milk too. Had been sick all day and needed sleep

Within 15 minutes all was quiet but probably they had finished anyways. LL usually comes up on Mondays for various reasons but I told him not to today... bone weary.

The field is a mess as it was not dry enough for that work; he had said last week he was postponing it.

Just broke out the reserve tin of dried milk to find it has been in reserve too long.. ah well!

All this too will pass. Roll on winter and quiet days
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Ah this is the way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0izIi...2tBoZ1kgm4Ia43
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 09:33 AM
That would be much nicer to watch than noisy tractors. The noise does get a bit much when it goes on till late doesn't it? Hope you feel better as the day goes on (((hugs)))