View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2013, 07:02 AM
Morning Pat I hope that cheeky Bella comes out for her shower.
Now you be careful on that step ladder later I don't want to see any posts about stubbed toes or worse.
at your Daughter maybe that's why Bella's hiding she doesn't want to go.

Morning jenny Naughty fox disturbing the boys I will go take a look at your thread in a minute.
Glad you enjoyed the party and even better that the boys settled down for you last night.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 07:08 AM
at your Daughter maybe that's why Bella's hiding she doesn't want to go.

Oh dagnammit why didn't I think of saying that to her! Shoulda taken a pic and said she was hiding so I don't send her to horrible Jenny!

She's mooching about silently now - thinks I can't see her - wheres that butterfly net?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Morning

Looks like it's going to be a warm day today. I had an awful night, tossing and turning - too hot, too cold, etc. etc. Got woken up for the final time by Loki having a fit - I predicted he'd start having them after his behaviour yesterday. Just getting ready to go to Church and doing some stuff to the house and maybe mow the lawn.

Have a good day today everyone.
x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2013, 07:23 AM
Good morning fellow members it was a sunny morning when I took Chloe out at 7am but it has now clouded over.

I am off to clean the cooker this morning then to make gingerbread men for the little ones and hopefully have a quiet day.

Enjoy your day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2013, 07:30 AM
Morning Linda sorry to hear you had a bad night and that Loki has fitted. I hope your day takes a turn for the better.

Morning Mini Gingerbread men mmmmmm. Your Grandchildren are very lucky to have such a lovely Nanny.
I hope you manage to find some quiet time in your busy schedule.

Found that net yet Pat
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Good morning everyone on this hot, bright summer's day

I didn't get on here at all yesterday, so, so busy doing both the vans, then when we got back I had a chicken to cook (Dave doesn't eat much all week, so he gets a good meal Sat/Sun). I've never seen so much washing They'd both used all the beds, so in total, what with Dave's weekly was from his van, I had 3 doubles and 4 single bedloads to wash! Blimey, it's like having a guest house all over again here, but most of it is done and thank God I had a good, sunny day to dry a lot of it and another one today for the rest.

Zena was fine yesterday, and I only left out a small bowl of water for overnight so that it didn't happen again, my blood pressure couldn't take another night of that. It's not that reverse sneezing Bev, which she does anyway out on walks sometimes, she's always done that since a puppy, but this is actual aspiration from swallowing vomit, and that's not good. My previous vets were always very worried about this when she used to vomit a lot when they couldn't find out what was wrong with her, but thankfully, with the help of this new vet and medication at least it doesn't happen often now. It will always happen when she drinks too much too fast, especially in the night, but unless I go on nightwatch how the heck can I stop her, which I can do during the day of course.

The accountant popped round last night at 6, and typical, the 2 carpenters arrives at the very same time, which was a bit much for Zena, as we had all the doors open at the front, so she tried to scare them all off at the big gate I decided for their safety to put her out the back. The carpenters were lovely guys, yung strapping lads, very friendly, and they said it looked like I was gonna be fun to work with Their price was right, the same price I had in my head, so they're coming Wednesday cos they have a spare morning - sorted!

Dave and the accountant said outside on the terrace, so I then let the manic Zena out, and she was good as gold with him, but of course, a right pest, constantly plonking her ball on his lap (you know all about that Harvey don'tcha! ). I thought he'd never go, the sun had almost set by the time he finally left, but we had a lovely chat. We're meeting up with the police on Friday evening at his house to get this neighbourhood watch scheme off the ground, and he wants us to go on the committee as they're looking for new committee members for the whole area (might be fun lol!).

Right, well, I have skimmed over yesterday and...
Lynn WOW, fantastic news about the sale, and no EA fees to pay either, that's brill! Better get yourselves a good solicitor cos it's going to be a lot harder without the help of the EA's along the way, cos I found them invaluable, this is where they come into their own once you've sold, they can get information from all parties solicitors which you can't, but then being so close to your purchasers you'll be able to get everything anyway. Now you gotta find somewhere nice to live! As Pat has said, time to think of yourselves now, they will all soon get used to it.

Jenny, you've been partying again?? Sounds like you've been having a great time over the week-end, and hope you can wind down today and relax.

Bev Better start sorting and packing a bit now, you know you're definitely going, it makes sense to try and do a little bit each time you have a bit of spare....hmmmm, you've got no chance then!! Sorry to hear you see the same as me with Lily, and being on your own, it must be scarey, I was lucky I had Dave home that night I can tell you.

Pat Please don't tell me you're going up that stepladder in your flipflops Awww gaaawd, stay safe woman, especially with your record!!!

I've only been up half an hour, but then I stayed awake watching that Talented Mr Ripley which I loved first time around, couldn't get right to the end though, I'm saving that for tonight.

Such a glorious, hot day today, I'm going to check on the tides and go down the beach hopefully we haven't been for a long time.

Won't be around again today cos Dave is here, so have a good one and I'll be back on as normal tomorrow.

ETA: Hi Linda, oh I'm so, so sorry.xxxx Good luck with him today.xxx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 07:49 AM
Helena - the smoothest easiest two house sales I ever had were those that did not involve an EA! So it doesn't have to be more stressful. And enabled the sum they would have charged (many thousands) to be split between myself and the buyer (reduction for him and less to pay out for me).

What's important IMHO is a good SOLICITOR. I've used the same one for over 20yrs.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2013, 08:17 AM

Late surfacing as although I was very late getting to bed [and Da Booga decided she wanted a pee less than an hour later there were no more disturbances until the alarm went off, when she decided she wanted out again. But - back to bed and back to sleep for another three hours and we would no doubt still be asleep but she did her "bin men, bin men" song and dance on top of me, so I reckoned it was time to get up.

So - first thing was to do the Steam Mop Bonus Day ditty and only now have my first coffee and ketchup - at 11.17am!

May the sun shine on you all today!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Morning all. Overcast here today The sun did try to come out when we were in the park, but it's changed it mind now.
Busy day Yesterday for you Helena. Hope you get a quieter one today.
Hope you manage to find a lovely house Lynn.
Sorry to hear Loki has had another fit.
Those gingerbread men sound lovely Mini. Lucky grandchildren.
Careful on the stepladder Pat. We don't want another accident
Off to do some ironing now Back later.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 08:44 AM

Sorry I can't possibly answer everyone, I have read through but my head is still so wobbly I can't remember what I have read!
Well all the preparation was worth it, we had a brilliant night.
Everything went right from beginning to end and we had such fun. Here are a couple of pics for you to see, there are so many but I won't bore you with anymore
The birthday boy!

Sharing dessert!

That pretty much sums Pepsi up, she is in nearly every picture. She was sooo good, she loved every one and everyone loved her!
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »