Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2013, 11:30 AM

Sad saga

Ok so I realised at some stage this week that the ITU had progressed to a kidney infection. The pain is unbelievable and upchucking etc. Any such illness makes the ME very bad so I am reduced to being abed in a dark room, and no way could I drive 30 miles

So I wrote to the dr . Here in Ireland I have been blessed by drs who listened and trusted me to be sensible and did not ask that I try to get to them. Offering help if I asked A true blessing as for many reasons waiting rooms are OUT and it becomes impossible t be out when this is happening; getting up and walking round outside the house every now and then, and getting water etc, Cannot eat.

The letter went early Weds and my kind landlord was primed to collect meds for me. I asked as has been allowed always before to have here a spare course of abs as it makes life easier for everyone when I live in such a remote area,
I explained that the ME was bad and also re the incontinence so it was very diffcult for me to get out.

Friday afternoon the post arrives around 3 pm . A note from my dr with the spare scrip. saying that if I was still getting symptoms after THIS course, review

Landlord arrives. When he went to the surgery he was told that I would not be given any meds unless and until I went in, that I would get a letter ON MONDAY. They seem to have no idea re the letter from MY and the other dr in the practice was mentioned.

So as far as they knew they were leaving a disabled 70 year old with an existing serious systemic illness and a UTI with no meds for several days. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

LL hightailed it off with the scrip so I do have meds but.....

There is background to this. In that town there has been vicious gossip and anger re me because I have helped LL .. The nasty farmers wife is a nurse in that town and describes me as having one foot in the grave. She makes life hell for lls wife who is the district nurse and they have made threat s against me also. Vowing to get rid of me This is not the first time something like this has happened and I only get even a repeat scrip if I write to my dr and mark the envelope private and confidential.

I have never asked for a home visit but that is about to change; will see that the letter on Monday says then start the formal procedures with HSE as I am sure they take better care of their old ones than this.

Meantime cannot even knit and praying the abs kick in fast.. propped up on pillows and a hwb

Ireland! One man says it is in the toilet and they forgot to flush but Oh the utter beauty of it out there.

dogs had a huge piece of chicken each as I cannot eat it and it would have gone bad, Told them it was Christmas!

Blessings and peace.. dilapidated rosebud shedding petals all over the place
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Oh dear Rosebud you do sound in a pickle. Your LL sounds a good man at least. You should get a home visit from the doc it's not fair to leave you so long when you've no chance of getting to the surgery yourself. (((Hugs))) to you.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2013, 02:42 PM
hope you're up and about soon. Take care of yourself
((( hugs)))
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Oh dear Rosebud you do sound in a pickle. Your LL sounds a good man at least. You should get a home visit from the doc it's not fair to leave you so long when you've no chance of getting to the surgery yourself. (((Hugs))) to you.
Thanks; my landlord is a star and I have been honoured to help him with difficult letters etc

I am determined that this is not going to go on any longer now so as I did before I will simply go to the top. HSE have a good complaints system and this could have seen me very ill indeed and in danger and they knew that. THANK GOD they did not know re the existing scrip. THANK GOD! Have read up on it all and the abs should sort it fast

There's been a lot of fuss here recently re elder abuse. Thankfully family will get me out or come to me when I get too old or ill to cope and I will not be left at their mercy
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2013, 03:07 PM
May well be that the dr has no idea what has gone on. I well remember these dragon receptionists in the UK! Are they still there?

making quasi medical decisions so you won't "Bother the doctor"!

When they got my details for that emergency treatment in the village when all this started, the dr here had been told I had no postal service here! I suppose that way they could still say they had posted a scrip once way back that never arrived; took three weeks to get that through

Need to change practice I think too! Some very odd folk about in that town! Maybe Killarney will see better drs,
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm like you I keep well away from the docs if I can help it but OH complains like mad about the receptionists so it looks as though the dragons are still thriving.