Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks for that link Pat, makes an interesting read, I didn't know badgers are a metre long I've only ever seen them on Springwatch etc. but didn't realise just how big they are They don't eat trousers though, they're vegetarians

So the mystery deepens? Oooer - you be careful going out there after dark - now what could this trouser chomping creature be?

Hey maybe it wasn't 'one big bite'? Maybe it was 'nibbled away'?

Mice?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Genetically modified mouse.
I hope Dave is feeling better.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 04:49 PM
No, definitely one big chomp in his trousers there Pat, just a good job his leg wasn't in it

You know those really tough carrier bags that Sainsbury's do? They're kind of like a raffia, really strong and thick, unlike a plastic bag, even a thicker plastic bag, even the handles are like a thick linen material. Anyway, these OLD trousers of his which I was throwing away (cos he does have 3 wardrobes all to himself here ) were put into one of these types of bags. The bag itself which I had tied at the top by the thick handles was completely ripped apart on the lawn That's what made me think, a fox couldn't have done that surely, and then I saw the state of the trousers.

I might look at the other pair now and see if he fancied a bite out of those as well, when he didn't like the taste of the blue ones
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Genetically modified mouse.
I hope Dave is feeling better.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Hi guys

Lynne, Happy Birthday xx

I've had not a bad day. We finished at 12 for the holidays, so got out early. Went to town and picked up a MacDonalds as an end of term treat for us. Hard to believe Davie is now an academy pupil and no longer in primary.

Tonight I intend to just relax and try to get rid of the headache I've developed over the day. Spent this afternoon sleeping as a result, but its still not gone. Never mind. No rush.

Have a nice evening.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2013, 04:58 PM
OOOOer see they're about beware.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Evening Lorraine. Enjoy the holidays.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 05:06 PM
I'm really mystified what creature could have done that Helena. I think you should set up an infra red webcam or summat. Do you think they wanted it for nesting materials?

Must say, I am thinking RATS here! They can even gnaw through concrete!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 06:09 PM
I hope it's not rats, and we had them at the other house, and this hole is not a gnawing type hole, and where were all the bits, cos there were no bits on the lawn at all, it must have eaten that big chunk it took out Chatting with the neighbour, she see's the badger every night at 9.30 or 10 when her outside light comes on, she says it can hardly make it up the steps in her garden, but when it does, it sits on the lawn forraging about. I have warned her not to leave any trousers lying around out there cos it's quite partial

Just had a carpenter ring me from Rated People, he's coming tomorrow night,much more up my street than the guy who turned up earlier, and he says it's an easy peasy day's work - sorted!

Dave still in bed with all the curtains closed and ice on his head

Just had a booking for 2014 in the 2nd van, so that's 4 weeks booked already for next year wtg hey!

Off for shower now, and will be back if Dave's still asleep.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Evening all, and once again a very happy birthday to Taffsmum....there is still time for you to be spoilt!

H, badgers are not vegetarians - yes, they will eat their greens quite happily, but will also chomp away on tons of those slimy wriggly things that I cannot bring myself to spell out, and any other meat that is available. Not sure how much meat would have been in Dave's trousers though! (Don't go down that particular road old bean ). Rats tend to shred things rather than take one big bite, but they could indeed have shredded that hole and taken the bits away for their nest. Either way, Zena does NOT want to mess with them for obvious reasons. I hope Daves head is better in the morning.

Nippy that buffet sounds superb - I could be with you in a few hours if there are no hold ups on the way!

Lynn, thank you for your kind and sympathetic words. I have everything crossed here for you to have a smooth and hassle free house sale.

Nothing exciting to report here......housework, bad back, muggy and damp weather!
Page 7 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »