register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2013, 02:11 PM
I totally agree re different chat threads, we'd all be confused in no time at all, cos lets face it it doesn't take much to do that.
As per everyone else, I marvel at you and Lynn effortlessly snipping threads and answering everyone, and would not have a problem if you let things run on as they do anyway most of the time.
Been on A Mission this afternoon, wasn't looking forward to it, because I had no real idea where I was going despite being on google maps for ages last night writing all the directions down, and I still managed to get somewhere strange, but that was because I thought I should've been there by then, but I wasn't.
I went to Rutland House vets in St Helens to take Mabs for an eye test, and she is a pass so am well pleased about that, she had a clear test as a puppy, but there is always a chance something could show up.
Really funny because she came out and said, I know you!!1
it was the lady who eye tested Cariad's Fab Four, so was showing her piccies of them, and of Keshi of course. Then all the staff VERY interested as they had never seen a Utonagan and they think Mabs is stunning. Mab not at all happy with all the attention and the eye drops of course. She was sick on the way home, but she was stressed because I was stressed because I just KNEW I would get lost and I thought I had but I wasn't, just not there yet.
On her way out to the others she picked up a bone I had left out for her, so she was obviously feeling more like herself. Left a right mess in the car, I had put plastic sheeting, old blanket, old mats and 2 lots of old sheets down, but she still managed to christen everywhere, little devil
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Afternoon all.

What we doing then ???

I think I have worked it out Helena and I do as we are doing and answer what we can and when we can.
All fine by me whatever we do.

I lent Michael the laptop and he holed himself upstairs and has had the odd grunt when downstairs to get a dink or something to eat. He has now popped up the road to a friends so he may be in a better mood when back or not. I am learning to ignore it now. I now know how Gorden use to feel when I was that way.

Popped to Marks for a cuppa and a chat as Gorden wasn't around to chat about the bomb shell and the house this morning.

We will be checking out Right move again then. Of course first they have to get the mortgage the deposit isn't a problem and then the have to offer us the right price.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Hey TW Shame I didn't know you were going to Rutland House It's only round the corner from me (well nearly) abt 1/2 mile away. You could have called round for a cuppa.
Glad Mabs passed her eye test.

I've managed to get OH's iPad working I found the box with the serial number on it & phoned the Apple store to see if I could bring it in without the receipt. After giving them the serial number ( to somebody in America ) all the details came up that we were insured. Anyway he just told me to hold the power button & the home button together for 8 seconds - & it came back on. saved me a trip to Liverpool anyway & one happy OH now he can use it again.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Y'know I was thinking about you, I just knew it wouldn't be far, but the only people that I told were Mabs's other Nana and Karen who has Kaya one of Mabs's sisters, I was that wound up about it, I kept thinking if I say it out loud then it will be a fail and I will be really fed up.Next thing is her VWD and DM tests, and if they are all clear then it is hips and elbows, I have decided to use my credit card and get her tests done because hips and elbows are best done as soon as possible after 12 months, and it will more than likely be 20 months before they are all done, hips and elbows under sedation is going to be around £250 and the VWD and DM will be around that mark as well, eyes were cheapest at £51 and without them being a clear there is no point in going onto the rest of them anyway. Che will live near to you then as well as that is their vet practice.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
I'm late on parade today. I have kept having a catch up all morning but haven't had time to reply. Heaven knows how Lynn & Helena do it So by now I've forgotten what everybody else is up to.
Anyway good news about the house Lynn. Sod's law isn't in it for you is it?
I nipped out this morning to look for something to stick on top of this Giant Cupcake I'm supposed to be making - something like Happy Birthday on a wire to stick in the top but up to now I can't find anything Of course while I was out the postman left a card - I've ordered a Boomer Ball for Taff so that's another visit to the sorting office Why they won't try a neighbours beats me
OH can't get his iPad to switch on - we've got one each. So I'll have to go to the Apple shop in Liverpool probably on Saturday for them to sort that out. We did get them insured when we bought them (cos there is no way we'd be able to afford another one) but of course I can't find the receipt anywhere
Miserable day here - it's a heavy drizzle so I've got a soggy dog asleep after a quick run around with his ball & chucker.
Lynne, the iPad problem, try holding the on switch in Untill you see the apple logo. I took mine to store because I couldn't get it to switch on, the guy had it on in two seconds,was so embarrassed, apparently I just wasn't holding it in long enough. Maybe a different problem with yours of course but its worth a go
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Back on a downer. Couldn't stop crying this afternoon. This is ridiculous. I have cadets tonight, I have to stop this.

I have no idea why this is going on...well I have a fair idea but don't have the courage to sort it out.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2013, 03:27 PM
You are entitled to a good cry with all you've got going on, and really your OH is not being very supportive or kind to you at the moment, but he realises this which is why he has gone off on a bender.
Only you can make the decision to do what is right for you and Davie, and you will make that decision when the time is right
Been there myself and can't be doing with it, would rather be on my own, which is why I am!!!!
You're a really hard working dedicated mum and you deserve better

xxxx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Lynne, the iPad problem, try holding the on switch in Untill you see the apple logo. I took mine to store because I couldn't get it to switch on, the guy had it on in two seconds,was so embarrassed, apparently I just wasn't holding it in long enough. Maybe a different problem with yours of course but its worth a go
Just read you got it sorted.......that's great x
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Che will live near to you then as well as that is their vet practice.
As far as I know I've not seen Che around but if I see any which are obvious crosses that look like yours I do ask what breed it is. Just being nosy really in the hope I find one.
Sorry your having such a bad time Lorraine. You have enough on your plate without having OH problems as well. Hope you can sort something out between you - even if it is the worst case scenario. ((( hugs)))
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Back on a downer. Couldn't stop crying this afternoon. This is ridiculous. I have cadets tonight, I have to stop this.

I have no idea why this is going on...well I have a fair idea but don't have the courage to sort it out.
((LORE)) Knowing the reason is more than half the battle and the courage WILL come, I promise

Have a shoulder! I have two free at the moment and they are strong and sturdy
Page 6 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »