Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
picture the scene......

Wool mat laid out in garden, bucket of warm soapy water( little bit of bleach)on hands and knees, accessorised by pink rubber gloves. Scrubbing vigourisly.....Parcel delivery guy arrives to be greeted by occupants ginormouse **** swaying to and fro Making matters worse when I rose to sign for item, the buttons on my vest top had come undone and the puppies were making their way out of the kennel!!!!!Held top with pink marigold hand and signed....he left pretty swiftly Probably back to office to put in for transfer!!!!
Hahahaha

Just had some bad news so that really cheered me up thank you!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hahahaha

Just had some bad news so that really cheered me up thank you!
Ah nippy, hope you're ok ((( hugs)))
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Well done to your son on getting the job jenny. I guess the tash didn't put the interviewers off then.
Lucky you having a lie in till 11 Eileen. I don't think I could do that if I tried. Where are you going for hols?
Enjoy the swim Pat. Not really jealous.
A doing nothing much day here today. Only changed the bed & a quick Hoover round & then spent most of the morning reading till it was walkies time. Nice day for it as well. Sunny with a bit of warm breeze.
On the way back I was talking to a neighbour from down the road. She was saying she's recently taken a stray cat in. It turns out to be a pedigree Burmese. she'd taken it to the vets as it had been neglected pretty badly. How can somebody pay so much money for a pedigree cat & then let it get in that state. It's not as if they cost that much for food.
Next Wednesday we go to Vilamoura,Portugal.....for a week, hubby as opted for 5 star luxury hotel.... But give me an apartment any day, would so prefer it, like to be able to cook if I want, but we' ll see, think I'll be able to manage
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Had a gorgeous couple of hours on the river with the girlies, took a chair with me with taking the car over there with all girlies in. Caught up on some phone calls and just generally enjoyed the sun, put a little vest under my t shirt just in case, and glad I did, it is a real suntrap there, so got quite a good colour on the bits that have been missed normally.
Loaded everyone back into the car after a couple of hours, decanted them into the yard with a bone each and had a good kennel and yard clean, they are now snoozing under the umbrella, I have got their tea out (tuna mixed with veg) and looked out the window and they are all sat in a row with ears up looking expectant, but far too early for tea which is why I got it started when I did because you can imagine what it is like at tea time and I started opening tins of tuna, it is like feeding time at the zoo, this way I can put my bio yogurt and cottage cheese (yes Eileen I know ) on just before I take the bowls out to them and not worry about the racket.
Had a really refreshing shower, got a cup of tea and thought I'll have a nanny nap, caught up on here, lay down, and then my phone rings so only just off the phone.
LOL Eileen at the delivery man, did you find a magic remedy to clean the rug or were you just being a scrubber Hope your daughter is feeling better now by the way and enjoying her trip to London
Nippy, sorry you've had more bad news, hope you are OK down there.
Congratulations to your son Jenny, that is excellent news for him, and even better he'll still be able to help out with the dogs if needed.
Great to hear you found something to wear Bev, the only one that has from what I can gather, but you desperately needed to find something straight away because of the way you're having to zoom about.
Dreadful about the poor cat, is it microchipped by any chance.
Lynn you seem to be having a nice relaxing day for a change, is it this weekend you're going to be starting on the garden and you're getting all the downtime you can cram in now, because you will need it.
Sounds like you had an absolutely lovely walk or 2 with Zena, Helena, and I hope Dave does cheer up a bit, he'll have convinced himself that it is the 'fault' of the business and if he sells it, then he'll be fine, pity that bloke who was interested can't put his money where he had his mouth.
Weather was a bit iffy this morning and I thought I wasn't going to get my time with them all on the river, but once the sun was through it was beautiful, bit of a strong breeze, but where I was is very sheltered.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Afternoon June sounds like yo have had a lovely day.
Dillon see's me go upstairs to his freezer to get tomorrow's food out to defrost overnight he waits expectantly at the bottom of the stairs thinking there is more food to be had even if he has just been fed.

Eileen that was so funny no wonder the poor bloke left in a hurry. He might of gone back to the depot to tell his tale and you might find you have a queue of delivery men at the gate.

Oh no Jenny hope all is ok.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Apparently no the cat wasn't chipped. It is now though.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 03:38 PM
TW,
You really need to be more careful with your food lingo,shame on you So glad you had that shower, air here certainly is fresher!! Leah is having a ball, due home at 11 pm, yeah hey!! Just the one day ill, missing her fab mum I suspect.Trying to organise everything for her birthday on Monday, right know I' m tackling a 10ft paddling pool Is it any wonder my hubby works away
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Next Wednesday we go to Vilamoura,Portugal.....for a week, hubby as opted for 5 star luxury hotel.... But give me an apartment any day, would so prefer it, like to be able to cook if I want, but we' ll see, think I'll be able to manage
You coulda stayed with my ex (and made his life miserable lol!)

Just ENJOY the 5* - took Jen to one for a spa break last year and we lapped up every waited-on-hand-and-foot minute of it!

*trying to get my head round anyone 'liking to cook' when on holiday - nope! can't manage that one!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Afternoon June sounds like yo have had a lovely day.
Dillon see's me go upstairs to his freezer to get tomorrow's food out to defrost overnight he waits expectantly at the bottom of the stairs thinking there is more food to be had even if he has just been fed.

Eileen that was so funny no wonder the poor bloke left in a hurry. He might of gone back to the depot to tell his tale and you might find you have a queue of delivery men at the gate.

Oh no Jenny hope all is ok.
State of me Lynn, I doubt it, would put them off women for life:
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
You coulda stayed with my ex (and made his life miserable lol!)

Just ENJOY the 5* - took Jen to one for a spa break last year and we lapped up every waited-on-hand-and-foot minute of it!

*trying to get my head round anyone 'liking to cook' when on holiday - nope! can't manage that one!
Oh I do Funny bathroom set up in hotel, would need to have a very close relationship with others in the room...Hilton, Vilamoura, family suite, if you'd like to take a look
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »