Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,

I don't know about matchsticks Lynn, I think I need planks. I really am very very tired. Perhaps we could swap days today .

The dress shopping went better than I hoped. Went in Laura Ashley as they had a big sale on and everything looked awful on me. Went in 2 other shops and the same. Went to M&S two lovely dresses made me look like a beached whale, then I spotted this lovely skirt and matching top, tried it on and it was so comfy and looked lovely and better still they were only £17.50 each. .

Lily seems much better now so is going back onto her normal food and I have stopped the antacids.

Malka i hope pereg had a peaceful night and you have been able to catch up on some sleep.

(((hugs))) to Harvey

Hope everyone else is ok. Enjoy your day all.
Morning Bev. You will be sleeping through Charly and Ash's wedding at this rate. glad Lily seems better and that you found something to wear.

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Lynn, Jenny G, H and all

It's sunny here atm. I am off to Farnham today to continue with the wallpaper hanging, it's taking longer than expected due to having to take cousin to the dentist twice.

I had an interesting trip to the dr's, blood tests booked on my return from holiday (can't wait), it could well be anaemia, same sort of symptoms as thyroid. I would like to have my energy back but I would be happy for the surplus hair to stay away!

I still haven't finished the leylandii, didn't get the tower moved until 3.30.

I decided to take my macbook in for repair, only went wrong 3 years ago, I had to pay labour up front, £120 to replace the cable that connects the screen to the keyboard, parts are extra. I ended up buying another pretty top and a cardigan to go with it, I have turned into a serial top purchaser!

I hope Pereg and Malka are both feeling better today along with any other poorly people and dogs.

Have a good day all
Morning Gerri. I suppose aneamia is easier to deal with than Thyroid although aneamia isn't fun either. It really does make you feel ill and tired.
All this DIY doesn't help I'm sure.

Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Good morning everyone, Nobody was here when I went to catch up on the last 8 pages of yesterday and then I come back and you have all beaten me to it. This dress saga is getting beyond a joke and so frustrating. I am the same haven't worn a dress in years. Did have a couple of tiered denim skirts but I even ditched them. So now it is velvet trousers in about four different colours and 4 pairs in black. Lots and lots of tops to match the colour of the trousers. When there was some hope of a real summer I did buy some white t shirts and a beautiful white lace top and white trousers to go with it but the chances of wearing them now are floating by.

Jenny I saw the state of your son's car he was so lucky not to have got hurt and it was good that he managed to wave the driver of the lorry down and sort the replacement windscreen.

Lynn Hope you get your grocery slot ok. I have Tesco's delivering this morning trying to restock the food Steve came home for and went again. He'll probably come back tomorrow and restock again and go back to the lake.

Helena Sorry that Dave is so down, good job your friend lifted you back up again.

Bev Saw a lady from across the road to me, forget her name she has two rescued greyhounds ones a lovely blue, named blue. I asked her if she had got involved in the walk over the weekend and she unfortunately not. I said well I gather it was well turned out. So have you got the final figures now. A tremendous effort.

Malka Do hope you and Pereg managed a good night last night. Take care.

Tang, Hope your toe feels better today.

That's it my brain has run out of RAM worse than a computer. Have a good day everyone. God bless.
Morning Moyra got my slot and done the shopping couldn't get an early one though so mine is coming between 8 & 9 pm. Still forgot stuff though.
I hope the back and knee's are feeling less painful today.

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Morning Lynn and all who have logged in so far.

My toe seems OK today. Just a bit red - pleased about that (with my history of toe injuries just before I leave for UK - kids will think I did it on purpose so I could wear flip flops lol!)

Oh Jenny I was pottering (perhaps more like staggering?) about the lake this morning thinking about that dress in M&S! I was so hot I was thinking 'suppose this 3 quarter sleeve one I've bought will be too hot? Of course in reality the chances of it being that hot late in July in UK is a bit remote going by the past couple of years. I sort of decided to pack the 'other' (more summery) possibility that I already own in case it is a scorcher! Or at least to change into in the evening? I hate all this shopping for clothes stuff - I've probly spent more on swimsuits in the last 6yrs than on other clobber.

Funny this stuff about dogs behaviour changing when you move - Bella used to be up at the crack of dawn every day in the old flat. Usually before 6am. Since I moved here she is happy to lie in until at least 8am and sometimes later? More and more I am geeing her up to get her out before it gets too hot.

At first I used to scour round the verandah to see if she'd peed out there, not believing she could go that long! I even started putting down a pup pad thing in the bathroom in case - (she likes those - she curls up on them waiting for me to pee or shower lol!) obv. doesn't have a clue what they are for and must like the smell or summat! She has a couple of times peed outside near my pots (something she never did in the old place) I've no problem with that as a bucket of water or even a jug dispatches it down the outside drain! Just odd that she gets up later now. And often our 'last pee break' will be as early as 9pm now - which means she goes 11 hrs or more. I'm even wondering if me taking her out more often before (4 times it is now 3) and making sure that she went out last thing - as late as midnight - might have made it so she NEEDED to go more often? And now she can 'hold it' longer?

Sorry to hear your OH has been 'down' it's hard when you feel responsible for another person's 'happiness' (unless of course you are responsible for them being unhappy in the first place! Then you can alter what you do to rectify it) Hard too if we are waiting or expecting others to behave in a way that makes us happy. I do belong to the school of thought that believe we can only rely on ourselves for our own happiness and if you expect others to make you happy, you'll always end up disappointed. There is quite a lot of reading matter available out there on the web on the subject of being responsible for your own happiness.

Well Lynn - if you move house and don't give Dillon the new address - that might work for making sure he can't wake you up lol! Not too sure just moving and taking him with you will - knowing your luck with this - he'd probably start wanting up and out MORE at the new address!

WOW that was a bargain find in M&S! Well done! That's one grinding chore you can cross off the list now. Am glad to hear Lily is improving.

Oh don't say that! I thought we'd all decided that the mirrors they use (in combination with their lighting) are not giving us a REAL reflection - and that we look much better really!

Back from the lake. The intrepid lizard hunter is becoming less intrepid with every deg. that the temperature rises. Now doing a few manic bursts to start off with and then spending more time hiding/waiting in the shade of the shrubs or under our bench hoping they will come to her!

When we got back here some idiot was parked blocking my space but fortunately sat in their car. There are 45 parking spaces here (only half of them in use) and about a dozen 'guest parking spaces' by the pool. WHY would any sane person choose the only bits not 'marked out' for parking and where it's obvious you are blocking off one that is? Assuming they might not speak English I delivered my complaint by car horn and gesticulations!

I gave Bella an extra long shower when we got back and it must have cooled her right down as she 'asked' for her froz wing as soon as she was dry instead of diving under my bed to rest up on the cool tiles. She is eating it as I type.

When I am suffiently dry enough to peel off the dog walking clobber I think I should hit the shops for half an hour. I still haven't been to any apart from my minimart for canned coffee and odds and sods. And it's half day today.

But it is tempting to head straight for the pool and I haven't decided yet! If I combine both I can't buy anything that needs to go in the fridge as I don't like to leave Bella and then duck back in and leave her again right away. Leave the shopping in the car and bring it up when I leave the pool. Oh shops will still be open tomorrow ... mebbe scrub them out again today!

I've got some boring fiddly work to do at some stage today. Put it off last night. Seemed to get a succession of visitors yesterday for one thing or another - what with staying at the pool so long I didn't get an uninterrupted hour or two to apply myself to work then decided I'd rather much about on the web than work as it was quite late!

Self employment and being able to choose your own hours has advantages but does require a degree of 'self control' that I seem to be sadly lacking in these days!
Morning Pat glad to hear the toe is not too bad and not every shade of the rainbow although it might be of course by the time you hit the UK and then it might mean flip flop wearing only.
That was a quick decision about the shops but I think more time by the pool is the only sensible way to go.

Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Good morning all,
It's a lovely morning here so apart from hay fever hopefully it stays nice
The dress for my sons graduation came and hurray it fits and looks good too, it has my 14 yr old daughters approval so must look good
Am off to take Rosie out as soon as daughter has gone to school, then off to a friends for a catch up and cuppa,
Hope you all have a good day and those that are not well feel better soon xx
Morning Mandy at least someone is having luck with the dresses. It must be good if a teenager approves.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Wall to wall sunshine here again....but for how long
Bev you got a bargain there, we need to see some pics
Morning Gerry and Moyra
Morning Tang I missed that about your toe,but glad its better. I will go and catch up in a mo.
Morning Mandy glad you are having luck with your dress!

Well my dress saga has taken a new turn. My neighbour bless her who knows the story has just come in . She thought she would catch me before I go shopping. She brought two lovely skirts and I was welcome to borrow either of them Now bare in mind I am 5ft 7" and she is 5ft 2" Well what could I do but say thank you very much I will try them on!
Morning Jenny mini skirts.
Not sure if the sun will make an appearance here its not cold just overcast. Although as I type the sun is trying to peep through.

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning everyone

Is everyone on Dogsey looking for a dress?

Malka - I hope you and Pereg had some respite last night.

Harvey - I am so terribly sorry for your loss of Baruska.

Loki was in another mad mood this morning. He's very strong when he's in a stubborn mood and I had to physically remove him from the path of another dog - he was rooted to the spot! We both got covered in pollen in the fields - it came off him in a big cloud when he was brushed.

He's coming up to 4 weeks fit free so I'm kind of anticipating some fits. I hope I'm wrong.

Carys is back to school today although she's down on sleep and I'd have preferred her to stay home. She doesn't like to miss school, which is a good thing.

Have a good day everyone.
x
Morning Linda glad to hear Carys is better.
I hope Loki has no more fits. Dillon goes through the long grass and the dust clouds coming off it are amazing. Not the seeds I have to brush away form ears and eyes though and out of his coat when we get home.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-06-2013, 09:23 AM
Glad you enjoyed your walk Helena and that Zena is being sensible. Dillon is very good at staying out of the heat.
These dogs of ours are very sensible.

Had a nice walk with Dillon met some dogs but not to play with. But it all teaches Dillon self control to sit or lay while we chat.
Then met a chap who is so annoying he asked about the house sale explained what's going on. He cannot help himself telling other people what to do with their lives so proceeded to tell me house prices in Suffolk and Norfolk are going up next year but not this part of the country so we need to sell now and move.
He is also a big CM fan never picks on Dillon though and only ever did once with Ollie. Only ever moans about their slobber so we avoid like the plague if we can.

As do many others he is a serial moaner. So off now to contemplate his words of wisdom.............Contemplated he talks out of his back side so we will stick with our plan.

Apart from that enjoyed our walk.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Afternoon Lynn, afternoon all

Just popping in to apologise for not joining in this thread and not even taking in what I have read, but concentrating on who said what is just not possible at the moment as I am just about keeping going on automatic pilot.

I also want to thank everyone for their kind wishes for Da Booga - and hope that Loki does not join her in the epi stakes.

I hope the sun shines on everyone today.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Good morning beautiful people

(((Hugs)))Malka

Didn't wake till 11am!!!pooch either,can't believe it Now running 4 hours behind....will catch up later....hopefully be a novel by then...have a lovely day all xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Afternoon Lynn, afternoon all

Just popping in to apologise for not joining in this thread and not even taking in what I have read, but concentrating on who said what is just not possible at the moment as I am just about keeping going on automatic pilot.

I also want to thank everyone for their kind wishes for Da Booga - and hope that Loki does not join her in the epi stakes.

I hope the sun shines on everyone today.
Afternoon Malka we understand. (((Hugs))). X

Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Good morning beautiful people

(((Hugs)))Malka

Didn't wake till 11am!!!pooch either,can't believe it Now running 4 hours behind....will catch up later....hopefully be a novel by then...have a lovely day all xx
Afternoon Eileen 11am You and pooch must of needed the lie-in. We will endeavor to have a novel written
for when you have caught up.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Afternoon Malka we understand. (((Hugs))). X

Afternoon Eileen 11am You and pooch must of needed the lie-in. We will endeavor to have a novel written
for when you have caught up.
Looking forward to it Lynn
Trying to dismantle a trampoline.......I NEED A MAN!!!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 12:18 PM
She lies in bed until almost lunchtime - gets up at long last and starts dismantling a trampoline?

Hmmmmm
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Helena - I had you in mind when I suggested reading up on it! Only because his behaviour does seem to be bothering you and I sort of 'know' you but I don't know him lol!

I'm not as 'good' as you - if somebody wants to be that miserable I'd be inclined to let them be - unfortunately it seems to be very true that 'misery likes company' and they do like to project it onto others!

However - on a more serious note - I also realise that it isn't any good ONE of the two people in a relationship being 'happy' if the other isn't. And I don't believe just ONE person in a relationship can be truly happy if the other person isn't either. But it's more likely to be a man who will express surprise or even horror to hear that his partner is very unhappy and say that he thought they were and didn't have a clue there was a problem. In the main women are more likely to pick up on the moods of others than men are. IMHO.

When my last ex had been working away for some 3 yrs or so and only home weekends it changed from me really looking forward to him getting back to us to me really sort of 'dreading it' lol! I know I sound horrible! I'd see him coming up the back path and think 'oh here comes mr grumpy' lol! It was this realisation that I no longer looked forward to him coming home and in fact dreaded any change that might mean he'd be back for good that spurred me into action to do something about it. Even though he didn't think it was a good idea at all - as I explained to him - his role in the relationship was being reduced more and more to just 'a paypacket'.

But you two did sound as if you were getting stuck in together on quite a few projects recently and, if not exactly 'working it all out' finding a bit of peace and harmony together (it's sometimes pointless dissecting everything and trying to pin point the exact problem anyway - it works or it doesn't is my view) I am definitely not someone who believes in or would ever agree to 'counselling' - if it's got to that stage it's no longer a 'goer' for me.
Thanks for that Pat, and I have to admit, I DID feel exactly like you felt a few weeks ago, cos I was really fed up with his doom and gloom, but since I've pulled my socks up and let it go over my head, he seems to have come completely around and we are getting on well together. As I said in Monday's thread though, it's kind of gone the whole other way around, he's depressed during the week when I speak to him on the phone, but is fine when he's back home, so all in all, it's the work that is causing this. It's too much for him now, it's very hands on, he's no spring chicken anymore, he's tired cos he never sleeps (bit like Linda, he wakes up every hour) it's very stressful, and there's so much red tape over here nowadays thanks to the EU regs that it makes it difficult to actually do what you're supposed to be doing, his head is more buried in paperwork and rules and regs for the MOT blah, blah,blah. We are strong enough to get through this, but just like you, I could have walked away a few weeks ago cos I was so darn fed up of Mr Grumpy!! Hey ho! I'm alright NOW and so will Dave be once he comes home Thursday night cos he's given himself this Friday off

Did my Asda run, came home and unpacked that lot, and then decided I needed some more bits that I could only get in Sainsburys so I shot off up there. Took Zena out again, and although it's still warm, the sun had gone, and the woods were lovely and cool and she had a dip in her pool when we got back, another scrable around and now she's zonked out waiting for a spot of lunch.

LOL Jen, how very diplomatic of you with that skirt It could be worse, the height difference could be the other way around and you'd end up wearing a mini skirt

Lynn, glad you enjoyed a nice walk with Dillon, even if you did have to suffer that boring old know it all. I hope you told him you can now get all the information you need from t'internet, you don't need his help!

Lunch is beckoning now, and I hate to say it, but it almost looks like rain, it's going a bit dark here, but they forecast 20deg for us today and the next few days, so it probably won't.

Time for Jeremy now then, catch you all later.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 12:24 PM
She lies in bed until almost lunchtime - gets up at long last and starts dismantling a trampoline?

Hmmmmm
Story is ...Leah's 13th birthday on Monday, having a party with one of those massive bouncy slide, pool at the bottom( you know the one) Trampoline slightly in the way!! Lovely man and son from next door have taken over I' m sitting in the sun with my coffee, well I am quite tired.....
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Afternoon all,
Moet - Good luck with the wall papering and hope you get it finished. Hopefully the blood tests will reveal why you are feeling so tired, and a some meds will help you return to your nornal energetic self.

Moyra - Afternoon. I too am just wading through all the posts today ..... it does take ages but I love hearing of people's news, it is just trying to remember it all and not to miss anyone out. That outfit you referred to sounds gorgeous and I'm sure the occasion will arrive for you to wear it and it sounds the sort of thing you can dress 'up' or 'down' depending on the occasion. My son was so lucky but it can happen to anyone Enjoy your afternoon and I so hope that your back is easing. ((hugs)).

Bev - What a fantastic turn out of greys around the country and well done for organising a part of it ... I give you a gentle pat on the back ... only gentle as I think you are so tired that I may knock you over. Has a replacement been found for the lad who broke his ankle or are you still doing double the work?

Pat - I bet you are delighted that your toe is feeling a lot better today. I know you love your flip-flops but you son would never believe you I'd take both dresses then you can decide - our weather is so unpredictable and surely you can change after the Reception in to something really comfy ... I'm certainly going to change and put my comfy ankle boots on in the evening and also I really don't want anyone to spill red wine down my silk top and by the evening I'm sure there will be lots of people (youngsters) feeling slightly worse for wear. Unlike you I haven't put any swimwear on for year, I'd rather roast alive than show my body off. I've never had much self-esteem where it comes to my looks anyway.

Mandy - I'm one of those people who can't find a nice dress that looks nice on me but I'm delighted you have
honestly I am.

Helena - Did that spaniel not realise that he/she was playing with fire having stolen the ball off Princess Zena You mentioned that as it was friendly YOU didn't mind ... what did Zena think? I'm relieved to say that the BBC have now revised their forecast for this afternoon with a hight of 20 and not 23 ... phew. Good luck with the jim-jam buying

Pat - The saga of your well meaning neighbour really made me smile It would be a mini skirt on you, although for all I know you may have legs to die for.

Nippy - Casual but smart for your niece's party. You wouldn't have to wear a dress for that surely. Smart trousers and a nice top are acceptable wear anywhere now and especially if that is what you are comfy in It is sooo easy for men - a suit and shirt .... how difficult is that

L.S. - Yes it appears so many of us are looking for dresses - I've given up though and am wearing trousers to this wedding on Friday. I do hope Loki proves you wrong and remains fit free. ((hugs)). Hopefully Carys will be fine at school today although she is bound to be more tired than usual.

Lynn - Dillon and Zena certainly have more brains than my 'Rucksack' - he'll lie out in the heat of the day and then crawl back inside panting Trust you to bump in to your local moaner or 'jobs-worth' I really can't stand people who reckon they know everything and feel they have a right to recommend what you should do. So glad you had a think about it and haven't changed your mind.

Eileen - Wow you didn't wake up until 11am Oh I wish .... I'd been up and about for about 5 hours by then

Helena - The neighbour lending that skirt was for Pat not me .... and she IS tall .... unlike me, so the skirt would have looked like a mini skirt on her

My son got that job .... We are all so thrilled for him but especially me .... being selfish. The Head Office is only about a 5-6 minute cycle ride away so if I was out he could still come back and sort the dogs
I must go and get a few things done now. My OH reckons this lap-top is permanently attached to me
See you all later.
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »