Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Afternoon all.

Been out all day, first at stepfather's cleaning and shopping, the at auntie's care home for a visit.

JUNE... on my way over to stepfather's I called in at Homebase and got a screen!! They had four in. So if you have one near you see if they have them in. Otherwise, try ordering them from asda online as you can get it delivered to your nearest store for free and pick up from there. Good luck.

Lynn, that's really good news about Gill's cancer marker going down so far, I'm really pleased for you all.

Well it was lovely and sunny earlier but the clouds are back now, I'm hoping its nice tomorrow as I want to collect some elderflowers to make cordial.

Enjoy your evening everyone
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 04:23 PM
jenny.g
My son's interview went well (he thinks) and he'll hear tomorrow whether he has the job or not. It is with a huge company in a profession that he has never done nor had planned to do. It would be a complete change of direction for him but a change is as good as a rest they say.

My older son phoned me this morning to say he was on his way round here. He was driving up to work in the East End when a lorry he was following shed a small rock which bounced and landed on the top of his windscreen. How it didn't hit the bonnet, roof or boot as well I have no idea. Anyway he stopped the lorry and the driver was very apologetic etc. To cut a long story short, a man is here now fitting a new windscreen which is all paid for

I've traipsed around Guildford, Walton-0n-Thames and TK Maxx and have now given up with looking for an outfit for the wedding on Friday. I'll have to resort to black trousers and a lovely white silk chinese style coat with black embroidered flowers on - looks nice. I did buy a pair of shoes and I'm wearing them now with thick socks in the hope of making them wearable .... I rarely wear heals .... not many of us do walking dogs eh
Great news about son's interview. Lucky escape for your other son. Stones hitting screens can be fatal.

Your silk top sounds fabulous. I once opted for separates for a company dinner 'do' at a posh golf club - smart black calf length pencil skirt (high heels - in the days when I could bear them!) and a really pricey white crepe top with sort of frills down front. We had just walked inside the venue when someone approached me and asked about a table! I COULD HAVE DIED they thought I was on the catering staff lol!

You won't have that problem with the chinese style and the black embroidery!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Hello everyone, really not with it today so very down. Steve came home from fishing and then packed another load of food up and went again this morning. Obviously his back is taking the strain. A friend phoned me this morning asking me to go for a lunch date with another couple of friends in Rayleigh but I just couldn't raise the enthusiasm. Maybe I am sickening for something I feel quite chilled. Think maybe a Nanny nap might be in order. Have a good day all.
Hi Moyra, you're probably missing Steve and for him to come home and go off again, probably depressed you even more, or maybe it's all those pills you've been taking for the pain. Not like you to be like this, so hopefully, you're busy nanny napping now and will wake up on top of the world again Not long before you go to bed though is it? I'll say night night now cos you probably already have!

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Helena - I don't blame you moving that money - you can't be too careful anymore. Has that chap made contact again? I'm glad you had a lovely Zena walk.

My son's interview went well (he thinks) and he'll hear tomorrow whether he has the job or not. It is with a huge company in a profession that he has never done nor had planned to do. It would be a complete change of direction for him but a change is as good as a rest they say.

My older son phoned me this morning to say he was on his way round here. He was driving up to work in the East End when a lorry he was following shed a small rock which bounced and landed on the top of his windscreen. How it didn't hit the bonnet, roof or boot as well I have no idea. Anyway he stopped the lorry and the driver was very apologetic etc. To cut a long story short, a man is here now fitting a new windscreen which is all paid for

I've traipsed around Guildford, Walton-0n-Thames and TK Maxx and have now given up with looking for an outfit for the wedding on Friday. I'll have to resort to black trousers and a lovely white silk chinese style coat with black embroidered flowers on - looks nice. I did buy a pair of shoes and I'm wearing them now with thick socks in the hope of making them wearable .... I rarely wear heals .... not many of us do walking dogs eh
Hi Jenny, all that trouble and you've come home with nuffink (again!!!) I dunno, maybe I'm going to have to drag you round some shops here to see if we can find you something for the next wedding. I like the sound of that coat, and that's made me laugh you walking about the place with socks and killer heels I've got some fantastic heels, love them all, and I will wear them on the odd occasion and stuff my flatties in my handbag which I've always done, so make sure you take some with you. They even do the roll up ones in all the shops now, really pretty flatties around.

Well done to your son there with the job, got everything crossed he gets it. How lucky was that with the bolder though Could have smashed right through his windscreen and injured him that could. A friend of mine was killed when she was following a lorry of pallets....that slipped...... killed her outright she wasn't so lucky. Yes, I should have moved a lot of that dosh a long time ago, but I'm making a start, I can't believe I've been that stupid to have left it all in one place like that anyway!

Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Jenny, the outfit you describe sounds lovely!!( comfortable too) Any weddings I' ve been to lately, guests all take flips flops in their bags for later,heels get ditched. Wish your son well with the job, and older son....oh lucky escape!!
Same here Eileen, my friends used to laugh at me, but then I was always the only one in the killer heels who wanted the loo twice in an evening! Wonder why that was then??? I like red wine

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Lovely sunny day here and really warm. Am now back from the bone run and all bones bagged and in the freezers, although they have a nice selection of lamb ribs and necks for their tea tonight in a bag ready to dish out later.
Firstly,can I thank a Certain Person on here who has been a very Norty Person and sent me a massive box with fings in it. I only discovered it on my way out on the bone run so was very good and put it inside and didn't get waylaid like I wanted to be. If I had known it was there earlier (apparently is was delivered before 10 am but I was on here reading the threads so missed it) I would have unpacked it hours ago.
Have now Opened The Box and have got lovely beautiful flowers, a balloon and some chocolates, they may last till this evening but I doubt it.
So Thank You again - You Know Who You Are, and despite all the rubbish that is currently going on in your life you did this, thank you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Helena I have had a similar experience and I was a bit suspicious, so gave them the number of an account I don't use much and moved all the money into another account.
Nothing happened, they paid the money into the empty account, I left everything as it was for a few days, then took that money out and put it elsewhere and waited again,but nothing bad happened and the person was legit.
I hope your gut instinct is wrong this time.
Pat please no more piccies of swimming pools and sun loungers, weather here is as nice as it could be I suppose, but not a patch on yours.
Jenny, that is amazingly bad that you can't find anything anywhere that you like, but doesn't surprise me in the least, everything I see now is geared at how we all looked 40 years ago and nothing out there for the likes of us that still want to look tastefully done up, but not like mutton dressed as lambSuch a massive gap in the market but nobody filling it at all unless you are prepared to shell out a heck of a lot of money.
MoetsMum, congratulations on yet more wins for your babies, they are do fantastically well and it isn't a one off it is a steady progression of wins and high placings so stop knocking yourself
Nippy well done on your granddaughter getting her BA, is she going to have a gap year now before she hits the world of work or does she have a job on the horizon.
What is wrong with the dress shops/stores these days, nothing around for older people to wear and look smart in and feel comfortable.
Good luck with the dress hunting Bev, hope you succeed where others are failing miserably.
Linda I hope Carys feels better, maybe there's a bug going round because a couple of people have complained of not being well.
Hi June, oh how lovely, Dogsey never fails does it, and I think I know that certain person who also sent flowers when I was so stressed and down a while ago, but she never sent ME any chocolates I'll have to have words with her about that, or maybe you got mine??? Sounds like I've just gone through the same as you did, cos I now think these people are legit, cos she answered my e-mail straight away this morning and gave me that address and told me she was arranging for payment to my account with some friends of theirs in the UK (they're in Spain). It needed moving out anyway, not that there's anywhere to put it with a great interest rate, but at least it's going to be safer where I've stashed it now (under Dave's mattress lol, no, I'm jooooking!!!). Glad you've done the bone run, time for a nice cuppa now and those choccie biccies, or maybe not after all the chocolate you've had today.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Thanks for that vote of confidence H but everything I have tried so far just looks c**p. So I'm going to revert to my white trousers and a new top I bought a couple of weeks ago!
Lynn I couldn't make out why cows would be chasing a bird of prey, then re read your post
Hate you Tang!!!!
Lab Lover, does Steve catch fish you can eat? Not so bad if he does. Hope you are not sickening for anything.
Jenny, your outfit sounds lovely. I'm glad your son wasn't injured.
Awww TW isn't that lovely? there are some great peeps on here. I won't embarrass them by asking who it was.
I don't think Abbie knows what she is going to do even now
I have a cracking headache, maybe too much sun
Hi Jen, white trousers, can't beat 'em, especially with all these lovely colourful tops in the shops now. I like the cut off skinnies under the knee just so that I can wear those heels and you can see them, cos they're far too blingy to wear under the bottom of long trousers, but then that's probably that Essex girl in me that never seems to go away no matter how old and decrepid I get

Originally Posted by Gellygoo View Post
Afternoon all.

Been out all day, first at stepfather's cleaning and shopping, the at auntie's care home for a visit.

JUNE... on my way over to stepfather's I called in at Homebase and got a screen!! They had four in. So if you have one near you see if they have them in. Otherwise, try ordering them from asda online as you can get it delivered to your nearest store for free and pick up from there. Good luck.

Lynn, that's really good news about Gill's cancer marker going down so far, I'm really pleased for you all.

Well it was lovely and sunny earlier but the clouds are back now, I'm hoping its nice tomorrow as I want to collect some elderflowers to make cordial.

Enjoy your evening everyone
Hi Gill, hope all was well with your auntie in the care home, and glad you managed to get one of those screens. I might check those out myself, I hate having flies indoors, especially those horrible black pointed big flies like bluebottles but without the blue, they give me the creeps, had one in my bedroom the other night and it took nearly half a can of flyspray to kill it off.

Nanny nap over, neighbour's dogs barking woke me up Zena will get my revenge on that for me maybe at 6 am if she spots their cat

Off to trim the two big ornamental hedge trees up the top now cos they don't look right growing across the path. I can't believe the trunk on them at the bottom it must be 10" round and yet these two hedges are only 6ft tall and have always been cut rounded and pointy at the top.....I'll do me best, but I'm no topiary expert

House is all clean cos I stayed in today, washing and ironing all done, Zena's been walked twice, oh it's so satisfying to be back to normal here.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Nippy Steve is lake fishing at the moment so it is carp and eels he is catching. He hasn't been out sea fishing for ages unfortunately. I am pleased to say I am feeling a bit brighter this afternoon.
Glad you are feeling better
I remember my husband and son fishing from the harbour here, when my son was about 10. I was on nights and I got a phone call when I got up to say would I please meet them at the harbour and take a couple of bin bags.
When I got there they had so many mackerell they filled both bin bags and had already given a load away to people on the harbour!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 05:16 PM
We used to do a lot of mackerel fishing in Teignmouth when Steve was young. He loved it. If he goes sea fishing now it is either out of Deal in Kent or off the east coast at Bradwell.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Just back from a pedi, medi and a wax( ouch) thought I was due a little pampering Think we may be in for a thunder storm,Lacey will love that Hope everyone had a good day
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Glad to hear the interview went well for your son, Jenny, when will he hear whether he has got it or not
Everyone has had lamb ribs or necks for tea, Keshi had sardines with veg, cottage cheese and bio yogurt and she got a half set of ribs to eat with the others, otherwise she would have wandered around being a pest, trying to steal someone's and then she would have been murdered, I'm trying to prevent this happening obviously
Gelly, let me know how the screen thingy works, I won't have any money till Monday, if you have had a decent weekend with the screens then I will see if there are any in Homebase, if not then will do what you suggested and order online to be delivered at my local Asda
ooooh you've not had your legs waxed have you Eileen, only ever had it done once, the second time because it was 20 years later and I had forgotten how much it hurt I won't forget again, how people have their er...more intimate...parts done I will never understand.
I am so pleased Gills cancer markers have gone down so quickly and by so much, that has got to be good news for her surely.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Evening all, will have a read back in a few ticks to see how everyone is doing.

Had a pottery type day in the garden as it was so glorious, but made sure that I didn't overdo it - such a bore having to be careful these days!

Am sitting here gritting my teeth because OH initially said that he would just make himself a salad later (he is supposed to be on a diet.........again), so I loaded up the dishwasher and cleaned the kitchen only for him to bumble through and declare that he was going to make a curry I am not happy

Right going for a read of the thread and others
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Glad to hear the interview went well for your son, Jenny, when will he hear whether he has got it or not
Everyone has had lamb ribs or necks for tea, Keshi had sardines with veg, cottage cheese and bio yogurt and she got a half set of ribs to eat with the others, otherwise she would have wandered around being a pest, trying to steal someone's and then she would have been murdered, I'm trying to prevent this happening obviously
Gelly, let me know how the screen thingy works, I won't have any money till Monday, if you have had a decent weekend with the screens then I will see if there are any in Homebase, if not then will do what you suggested and order online to be delivered at my local Asda
ooooh you've not had your legs waxed have you Eileen, only ever had it done once, the second time because it was 20 years later and I had forgotten how much it hurt I won't forget again, how people have their er...more intimate...parts done I will never understand.
I am so pleased Gills cancer markers have gone down so quickly and by so much, that has got to be good news for her surely.
Oh yes, legs and other areas Holidays next week, saves a lot of hassle but I'll give you that, it's certainly not for the faint hearted
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Just back from a pedi, medi and a wax( ouch) thought I was due a little pampering Think we may be in for a thunder storm,Lacey will love that Hope everyone had a good day
Oh ouchie, once was enough, but I do love a pedicure. I once had a full body massage, which bored the pants off me, all that music, and those long, gentle strokes, bleugh, I like a bit of rough, gimme a good osteopath anyday, I couldn't wait to get outta there. When I did get out, I felt all funny, all light headed, very strange, won't have one of those again

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
What a lovely surprise June.
Jenny someone thought Dillon was a cow at the weekend while he was in the long grass and they were a distance away.
Your son was lucky jenny it could of been a lot worse thank goodness he stopped the lorry and they paid for the damage.
Pat the pool looks lovely I am not jealous. Really.

I had a text from Gill earlier who is on her chemo today. Gorden had some extra work so I couldn't sit Maisie so Peter had to go home again from the hospital after dropping Gill off.
Her cancer marker has gone down to 65 from 2000 and something and she still has 3 more chemo sessions to go.
Oh what fantaaaaaastic news for Gill there, I'm so pleased for her, she's been through so much hasn't she, bless her.

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
jenny.g

Great news about son's interview. Lucky escape for your other son. Stones hitting screens can be fatal.

Your silk top sounds fabulous. I once opted for separates for a company dinner 'do' at a posh golf club - smart black calf length pencil skirt (high heels - in the days when I could bear them!) and a really pricey white crepe top with sort of frills down front. We had just walked inside the venue when someone approached me and asked about a table! I COULD HAVE DIED they thought I was on the catering staff lol!
You won't have that problem with the chinese style and the black embroidery!
That cracked me up Pat I can just imagine your face, and I'd love to know what you actually said to them too

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Evening all, will have a read back in a few ticks to see how everyone is doing.

Had a pottery type day in the garden as it was so glorious, but made sure that I didn't overdo it - such a bore having to be careful these days!

Am sitting here gritting my teeth because OH initially said that he would just make himself a salad later (he is supposed to be on a diet.........again), so I loaded up the dishwasher and cleaned the kitchen only for him to bumble through and declare that he was going to make a curry I am not happy

Right going for a read of the thread and others
Evening old bean You ought to ban that man from your kitchen, he's always making a mess of it, especially when you've just cleaned it all up Send him over, I'll train him up for ya

Just spoken with Dave, he's been busy, got neckache and is very tired (no change there then!). I told him what a great time we're having here with a week of no missions to do, and I kind of get the feeling he's a tad jealous, but then I'm retired, whereas he's only 53 and not! I've earned this, on top of which I do my bit with the vans don't I He's been trying to get hold of the osteopath he's been seeing over there to refer him for an mri, but he got the answerphone. He always gets answerphones or no answer whenever he rings anyone, methinks it's a get out card.

I didn't do my hedge couldn't be a*sed, I sorted out all the bedding for this week-end in two big stackers, so there's no chance of me forgetting anything like I normally would.

Just noticed we've got tigers on the telly with that vet bloke, what'sisname, Steve somebody, so I'm off to watch that, love tigers.

Enjoy your evening folks, I'm gonna phone a friend, so won't be around cos she talks a lot
Page 6 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »