Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 06:01 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Tuesday

Good morning all

Another day to please myself here today, so I'm going to ring the hairdresser and get myself booked in, then I'm popping into a neighbour for coffee to show her how to upload her pics on the puter, and Zena will get 2 or maybe 3 walks today, and pork chop for lunch, my favourite

Bit of a worry going on atm, but waiting on a phone call from Dave to see if he can throw some light on it. It's all a bit strange, but my gut instinct is kicking in and I always listen to it, so I've been busy transferring money out of an account in case I'm right. Hopefully, it's something and nothing, but it's playing on my mind, but is too in depth for me to go into detail atm.

Dave's finally booking himself into the private hospital for a neck scan, which I'm sure will throw up nothing apart from the fact he's spent too many years under a car ramp, but at least he'll have peace of mind.

Hope everyone is ok today along with the doglets, and because yesterday's thread got so very looooong, I can't begin to comment on anything - sorry!

Enjoy your day folks, hope the weather is good where you are cos it sure aint here!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 06:14 AM
Good morning!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 06:24 AM
Did it again!

Just getting ready to go out,., work calls... market.. may be dry but that word CALM means no wind and midges in cloud formation..dark skies too and little real light.

So am about to improvise protection re you know what! Turning 70 sees me falling apart physically dramatically ....

Now I am seeking which hospital in the area has a and e and that is the easiest way to get help; waiting lists are horrendous here especially for medical card holders. We have a 2 tier system you see; paying gets faster treatment and so can jumping the queue; I know but am getting now some worrying extra symptoms. But the abuse I suffered in the UK leaves a horror of hospitals and drs.

Dobbed the nasty farmer in to DAHG last evening and they are investigating! ( Dept Arts Heritage Gaeltacht) I just happen to know the area manager here! land seems to be protected well here. Learning all the time...

Car all packed and just the work bag now; two baby sets extracted from the stock for Eileen...

Have a lovely day and back later...
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 06:28 AM
Morning H and all,

All the usual work today but am going to try and get through things so when I go to work this afternoon I can leave a couple of hours earlier and Charly can come with me to help me find a dress to wear at her wedding. I don't do dresses as I don't think I look good in any of them. So need Charly's help.

Lily wasn't very well yesterday afternoon/evening. She started her gulping and throat spasms. I think it was due to an acidy tummy as she had lots of treats she shouldn't have at the walk on Sunday. So I started her on the Antepsin and Zantac and have put her on small meals of chicken and rice, and she seems to be slowly improving now. Hopefully another day on the meds and that will see her right. Time will tell.

Hope your worries turn out to be unfounded H. but best to take precautions.

Hope everyone else is well, the sun is shining so have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-06-2013, 06:48 AM
Morning Helena, morning all.
Enjoy your day to yourself and Zena and popping into the neighbour.
The pork chop for lunch sounds lovely. I hope your gut instincts aren't founded but sometimes best to act them on just in case.
Good luck to Dave with the neck scan.

I am just waiting for Gorden and Michael to leave after a hectic round of sandwich making for lunches, breakfasts and Dillon's breakfast. All after a dreadful nights sleep.
I am picking Mark up at 10.15am to pick Joel up from school and get them to the Comprehensive or it might be an academy now it is the one which the tele series was made about. He will be starting in September as Mark has some forms to sign which Joel's mum kindly left with him on Friday. She won't give him parental rights but dumps this stuff on him at the last minute which actually is fine as the schools are realising what a cr*p mum she is and what a good dad he is.
Mark doesn't drive so this way they won't have to walk and Joel have half a day off school. Tracey would do it usually but she is working.
After all that I am having a nice relaxing day hopefully.

Malka I hope Pereg is ok this morning.
Good luck with the dress hunting Bev.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 06:55 AM
Morning

I'm about to make breakfast for Michael and then take Loki out. It's quite bright at the moment. No school today because my little girl isn't well.

Have a lovely day everyone.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 07:10 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

A lovely bright and sunny start here which bodes well

Helena - I do hope you get your relaxing day and that your concerns are unfounded - however, its better to play safe to protect any money that could be involved. Enjoy your dog walks and your pork chop .. yum, yum
Rosebud - I hope you find an A&E and can jump the queue to get sorted. ((hugs))
Bev - Poor Lily and everything crossed that she improves today with her meds and little-and-often meals. Also that you manage to find that all elusive dress for the wedding when you go out with Charly.
Lynn - Sorry you had a bad night's sleep (I did too) and that you can help Mark sort things out for Joel. His ex does sound fairly useless and unreasonable. After your hectic start to the day hopefully you'll find your walk with Dillon relaxing.

My son has a 3 hour interview this morning at 10.00 for a large company within cycling distance from here. If he gets the job it will be a total career change. The only 'trouble' is he's sporting a huge moustache which he can't save off until after tomorrow as he's doing a photo shoot for 'Movember'
After walking the dogs I'll be off to try and find an outfit for the wedding on Friday.

See all you lovely people later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 07:13 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning

I'm about to make breakfast for Michael and then take Loki out. It's quite bright at the moment. No school today because my little girl isn't well.

Have a lovely day everyone.
Morning LS, You snuck in while I was typing. Sorry to hear about Carys and hopefully a day off school with some TLC
will do the trick and she'll bounce back to feeling fine. Enjoy your walk with Loki.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Morning H and all

I hope your gut instinct is unfounded H, sounds worrying. It's sunny here BTW.

Just a very quick good morning as I am rushing around again. We had a busy weekend, worked all day Saturday, off to Breed Club show Sunday. We also had an AGM which started to go nasty (it was expected) but turned around and ended up being surprisingly ok. We lost some of our officers but have managed to sort things out where everyone is happy.

Taz won Best in Show and his sister was Reserve Best in Show. The entry was poor to be honest and the show had been deferred due to the snow in March, we were surprised to win and very happy!

I have a dr's appointment later, I suspect that I may have a thyroid problem (I did mention this a few years ago), I have gone from having a lot of hair to having hardly any, not that I am complaining, I quite like it but it isn't normal for me. Luckily the hair on my head hasn't suffered! I also sometimes get very tired.

I still have the leylandii to finish, my side is done but I need to go around to the neighbours side and chop that side down.

I hope Lily is feeling better Bev, good luck with finding a dress, it feels alien when you don't do dresses!

Sorry I have missed so much so can't comment too much.

Have a lovely day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Hope Carys feels better soon Linda.
Good luck to your son jenny. Maybe you and Bev can get together to sort wedding outfits.

Joel's mum is useless and a piece of work. What Mark had to go through to get access to Joel without going through the courts as he couldn't afford it was unbelievable. Lets just say I never thought he had the crawling abilities he had to find in him. But for the sake of his son he did and it paid off. Now Joel is 11 she cannot dictate too much and after having had another child recently her 4th two by different fathers 2 by the same father she needs Marks and Tracey's help.
Better get off my soap box now it was an awful time in our lives.
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »