Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Happy Birthday June
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Where I lived in Cornwall, the y forbade us to feed gulls as they did not want them crapping on their cars,, REALLY! I wrote this piece re seagulls having to wear luminous yellow disposable nappies AT ALL TIMES!
Seagull crap on cars burns all the paint off and with the salt air as well you soon have severe corrosion.
What bothers me more is the way they attack babies small children and dogs in the breeding season.
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post

Our two regulars were named by us Joe and Flo - right tatty pair they were too - had some oil damage on them.

Marvellous birds - they live a very long while - they mate for life and fiercely guard their young.

Better than some people I know!

*they are crap at making nests tho! Lordy they'd nip in the bathroom window and steal stuff and put it on the nest on the ledge below - tube of toothpaste, comb, anything!

Strong gust of wind usually enough to blow their tatty nests away.
My neighbour opposite had a seagull nest on his porch last year made of about 2 twigs and a strand of grass, I think Mrs had been desperate to lay. It survived the raising of 2 young and many summer storms

Originally Posted by Gellygoo View Post
JUNE.....I called at wilky's earlier and they are sold out too. The young man checked for a delivery date for me and said that "head office is out of stock too" which means they have no idea when the next lot will be in.
Well, I deffo want them now....they must be good if they're selling out all over!!!
You're right, lots of shops sell the JML stuff, but I can only remember asda & wilky's at the mo . I'll let you know if I find some.
Have you tried on line? They have a website.

In shock here after looking at incontinence stuff online; would need a bank loan!!

Could probably get from dr BUT the public health nurse is married to my landlord so am keeping quiet. One firm offered free samples so that is on the way. They wanted my phone number of course but did not get it

Improvisation hovers

But how do folk manage at all, at all..
The nurse and the doctor should be bound by patient confidentiality.

Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Nippy
HELLO HELLO for missing you out
Hello hope you are enjoying your day.
Well the washing is done and some of it ironed and put away but now I'm pooped and I can't do anymore.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Eileen that empty nest feeling doesn't last long, as soon as you realise you can actually please yourself for virtually the first time ever. You have spent your life, doing what your parents wanted, doing what you are told at school, then work, then looking after children and OH, when they all go it is very strange, it is like being on holiday all the time - EMBRACE IT, if you want a nanny nap, go and have one, if you want to read in bed and eat ginger biscuits, do it, if you don't want to watch bluddy sport 24/7 then don't, if you want to stop up half the night watching a film, then do it. As was once said by a very well known actor, The World Is Your Lobster
Eating bio yogurt How Very Dare You
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Eileen that empty nest feeling doesn't last long, as soon as you realise you can actually please yourself for virtually the first time ever. You have spent your life, doing what your parents wanted, doing what you are told at school, then work, then looking after children and OH, when they all go it is very strange, it is like being on holiday all the time - EMBRACE IT, if you want a nanny nap, go and have one, if you want to read in bed and eat ginger biscuits, do it, if you don't want to watch bluddy sport 24/7 then don't, if you want to stop up half the night watching a film, then do it. As was once said by a very well known actor, The World Is Your Lobster
Eating bio yogurt How Very Dare You
Intend doing all of that, except ginger biscuits will find out who that famous actor was, obviously has some sort of underwater sea life fetish
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Mental note to self; no messin with Rosebuds head! Does that mean other vital parts are open to negotiation?
NO WAY! lol

Time I wasn't here again... feed everyone then crash and please God will be able for market tomorrow...

Have a great evening here everyone; will read your exploits tomorrow night maybe.!

Blessings and peace
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
...[snip]...
will find out who that famous actor was, obviously has some sort of underwater sea life fetish
Malka jumps up and down and waves an arm excitedly and sez "I know miss, I know miss. It was that Arthur Daley bloke!"
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Nope...good try though....
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

24-06-2013, 03:31 PM
LL might get worried re his mattress etc! lol

I will be DEVIOUS. Write to the dr and see what happens next.. I don't even KNOW if they would be free.... The ones I want are non disposable and that is what raises the cost and probably would not be free anyways.

Devious is great! And avoids those horrible receptionists too!
I do not know about where you live but I know that in England non-disposable ones are not free, only disposable ones, and they tend to supply far less than are actually needed. [It is a frequent subject and complaint which regularly comes up on disability boards.]
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Afternoon all ,

I have just sat and read all 60 new posts since I was on last ..... do you all have nothing better to do

My visit this morning to my Mum's was fine - she wasn't distressed which is all I care about now AND the M25 was OK ish which made a pleasant surprise.

If I miss anyone out .... don't take it personally I've just forgotten and I'll put that down to age

Pat - Sorry about your upset tum and hopefully by the time you read this you will be feeling a lot better. A wise choice though not to swim today .... could the pool water have given you the trouble?

Moyra - I hope Steve doesn't bring you the eels back to cook .... although I know some people love them.

Gellygoo - I hope you managed to locate your door screen. Not sure my dogs would be brave enough to go through one ... but I might be surprised.

Eileen - Your house is spotless ..... please I need you here as my house is far from spotless. Enjoy your the time to yourself and make the most of it. I'm sure your daughter will have a fab time and will phone you if needed.

L.S. - One has to eat when at a family do .. you wouldn't have wanted to offend anyone

Mini - I hope you managed to get all your jobs done today and the grass cut before the rain again.

Joedee - What a nightmare weekend you've had driving in the wind/floods .... hopefully you'll have managed a long nap this afternoon.

June -Your walks sounded as though they went off well and you are back and ship-shape now (other than your stairs). Hopefully you can have an indulgent evening to treat yourself. Did your girlies remember it was your birthday, I bet they did and that was why there were good on their walks

Helena - How is Dave at cleaning etc? If/when he sells the garage maybe you can invest in another van or two and share the change over day. A good earner when they are all full - you've done fantastically well with them. What a change-around with you two - love has returned

EmmiS - I bet you saw some real sights at Ascot last week. Some of those hats on Ladies Day really made me smile.

Rosebud - I hope you manage to locate what your are looking to buy .... although in my mind they should be provided free. They are if you are dependent on them and live in a nursing/care home so may be you can get them free

Norma - I hope you managed to get all your 'CHORES' done and have managed a well earned nap.

I still haven't sorted an outfit for this wedding I'm going to on Friday I think I'll have to 'do' Guildford tomorrow morning but I don't hold up much hope as I really thought I'd find something lovely in one of the many boutiques in Weybridge.

Off to walk the dogs and will see you all later.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Malka jumps up and down and waves an arm excitedly and sez "I know miss, I know miss. It was that Arthur Daley bloke!"
Don't know why I can't reply to TW, I think the nut job has blocked me. Any who I reckon the famous actor who said " the world is your lobster was obviously........JAWS!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

24-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Nope...good try though....
Yes it was. It was George Cole as Arthur Daley in Minder, who said "The world is your lobster, my son".

See, so I woz rite!
Page 7 of 18 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »