Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Ok where did the weekend go ? Saturday in a foreign county in the wind, showers in Lancashire & Sunday trying to recover & having to drive through the rain & floods to collect all the printing etc for our show in 3 weeks time-need a rest from the weekend I think LOL
Morning Joedee. The driving sounded horrendous. Hopefully you can get a rest today.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Quite overcast here today and there is a chance of rain.
Enjoyed my day off yesterday, but today have to catch up with all the stuff I ignored whilst I got stuck into the sort out I ended up doing. Lit the fire last night because I had found so much rubbish stuff that it had to be burnt, and I thought oh well its cooler than it has been so chucked some wood on as well.
Eileen we often have a laugh and a silly session when we get together after the 'watershed' and alcohol deffo wasn't involved on my part
Am hunting high and low for my hay fever tablets this morning, no idea what I've done with them I've still got some Benedryl that I bought the other week whilst I was waiting for the doctor's prescription to be ready, so I better have one of them, that's the worst of tidying up and having a clear out, you can never find anything after.
I think the river is going to be too high for us to go on today and the weather isn't looking as though its that good, its saying sunny intervals, although where the sun is at this precise moment I don't know.
Pat all that heat sounds lovely to me, if you cut it in half and sent half over here it would still be nice and warm over there and we'd be warm as well
Oh Malka you will need a brain transplant after all that as soon as you show a sign of life, its the same every month, you would think by now that a beam of light would have entered her head wouldn't you. No wonder you want to go back to bed, a late night having a larf with us lot, and then waking up to all that. You're probably back in bed as we speak
TM, glad you're legs not as painful this morning, I said once the weather passed over it would ease off, and you have numbed it out of existence as well, once the red hot poker feeling has gone it will gradually disappear over the next few days as we have high pressure from Azores due here - according the weather forecaster bloke anyway.
Norma have you got work as well along with all the normal drudge type of stuff, can you pop my sheets into the rotary ironer for me please whilst you're there.
Hope you manage with all you have to do this week Bev, I do hope your boss gets you some help, have you asked him to lift the burden that has been dropped on you. Wonder exactly how many greys were out walking yesterday, will be interesting to see when all the numbers are in.
Thanks so much for my birthday greeting this morning Lynn, I also got an email with everybody's name on, too many to remember but thanks to everyone who did put their name on because I need the lift in spirits.
Morning June enjoy your birthday.
Have you had much rain then if the river is too high.

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning

Happy birthday June.

Malka - thanks for the steam mop reminders.

We had a nice family party yesterday but I ate too much and for some reason, feel even hungrier than usual today. Not good for my grand plan to lose half a stone!

Back to normal today - whatever that is!

I hope everyone is happy and healthy. The weather is a bit dull but could be worse!
x
Morning Linda. A family party that was nice and you can't but help eat too much and it would be rude not too.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Where I lived in Cornwall, the y forbade us to feed gulls as they did not want them crapping on their cars,, REALLY! I wrote this piece re seagulls having to wear luminous yellow disposable nappies AT ALL TIMES!

Our two regulars were named by us Joe and Flo - right tatty pair they were too - had some oil damage on them.

Marvellous birds - they live a very long while - they mate for life and fiercely guard their young.

Better than some people I know!

*they are crap at making nests tho! Lordy they'd nip in the bathroom window and steal stuff and put it on the nest on the ledge below - tube of toothpaste, comb, anything!

Strong gust of wind usually enough to blow their tatty nests away.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Lynn,
Thankyou. Never know if its ok just to hop on,but you guys seem to have a blast on here.Psychiatric evaluation needed in some cases I suspect,but then again in that respect I'll probably fit right in!!
I still get confused on here by names. Some using screen names, some real names and then, to add to the confusion, lots of pets (like mine) have 'people' names too! But worst of all is when they start discussing characters in Coronation St without mentioning the programme lol! I've never seen it - and often think they are talking about some disaster befalling a member of their family!

Doesn't put me off!

I've sometimes had a mouldy day and ended up having a right good laugh on here quite late at night with the regular nutters.

Consider it a club for people who need to 'get a life' as some say. I prefer to say I think 'having a social life' is very overrated!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Rip van Winkle Day today; happens with the ME,, yawn,,,

OK; health update. I seem to have what they call Painful Bladder Syndrome and yes it is another manifestation of the M.E.. auto immune stuff.. Same blurb too " Of unknown origin and diagnosis of exclusion"
wikipaedia has a good article and there are many others
Terms those with M.E know sooooooooooo well! ie you go the dr, they mess you around for weeks, then tell you they have no idea and it cannot be treated anyway.. so I am certainly NOT going to go to the drs as things are.

Just a ******* nuisance, and I will HAVE to sort granny pants soon.. Just for when I am out ie twice a week ...ah well! See what turning 70 does for you!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 10:17 AM
No offence Rosebud,but if I'm able to manage what you fit in when I' m 70, methinks I'll be well happy
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-06-2013, 10:20 AM
We get free allowance power here. They used to count units but now we simply get E35 each time, I think 2 months.
I am saving mine for the winter of course as we can do that; it carries forward
I get a certain percentage off the charge for the number of units used over 200 units. So if I use under 200 units there is no reduction. The bills come in every two months and the reduction is for each bill - it cannot be carried forward.

While the total bill was in my neighbour's name and her responsibility I did not get the discount, although that was only granted a few years ago, so after a humungous bill a few months ago we got the electricity company to change the bill to my name.

I got a right grilling from them as well as to whether I realised that I would then be responsible for the bill for both bungalows - erm, yes - and did I trust my neighbour to pay her share. I mean heck, she [and until her father died, he]had been paying the bill in full for both of us since I moved into this bungalow 12½ years ago, trusting me to pay my share.

Doing the arithmetic is easy for me - what causes me the problems is explaining it all to her as she is definitely numerically challenged. But I love her like a sister and am used to her by now, even though she frustrates me at times.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Gelly, let us know how you get on with that fly screen, I've seen it advertised as well, there seemed to be loads of places that stocked it besides Asda, but can only remember Wilkinsons (like you I suspect )
Rain was very heavy from Saturday through to most of Sunday Lynn and when I looked along the water to where we normally go I couldn't see it because it was covered with water, that will more than likely reappear at some point if it hasn't already, but will give it a couple of days to lessen.
Joedie, Saturday was lovely and dry, just later on in the evening the rain started, so fess up now, it didn't rain in the day TM and I are witness to that.
Sounds like you enjoyed yesterday Linda, and you can always serve something up for tea that you don't like then you won't eat much of it,or maybe leave it all. If you serve stuff up that you like then you are going to eat more of it, stands to reason Hope Loki's doing OK at the moment.
Yeah we have a laugh after the 'watershed' don't we Malka, poor you being kept up by us loonies, but all in good fun, and you can always nanny nap in the day and play ketchup later on.
Talking of Nanny Naps where's Helena, she surely can't be having an early one, hope she's not ended up under the patio or anything
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Rip van Winkle Day today; happens with the ME,, yawn,,,

OK; health update. I seem to have what they call Painful Bladder Syndrome and yes it is another manifestation of the M.E.. auto immune stuff.. Same blurb too " Of unknown origin and diagnosis of exclusion"
wikipaedia has a good article and there are many others
Terms those with M.E know sooooooooooo well! ie you go the dr, they mess you around for weeks, then tell you they have no idea and it cannot be treated anyway.. so I am certainly NOT going to go to the drs as things are.

Just a ******* nuisance, and I will HAVE to sort granny pants soon.. Just for when I am out ie twice a week ...ah well! See what turning 70 does for you!
Do not fret about "granny pants" Rose - I am 71 but due to spinal cord damage I have needed such things for more years than I care to think.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Do not fret about "granny pants" Rose - I am 71 but due to spinal cord damage I have needed such things for more years than I care to think.
Not worried. it will be a relief.. always thankful for the closed in lane up here as I can pile out of the car and no one will see... lol

Just is getting organised and I don't want any disposable stuff either! google will be my friend I guess
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2013, 11:08 AM
I get it about the lets get to the next chapter Malka I am sometimes the same. Still don't get the maths though.

Pat we get a lot more Seagulls now wheeling around in the air and making a racket. The crows and smaller birds aren't keen on them.

We had a quite a bit of rain too Saturday and last night June but not been near any rivers to gauge the difference in levels.

I was wondering about Helena too. I hope it is due to a nanny nap`
Page 4 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »