View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Yes - Bella - like a lot of dogs is just OKKERED! (some might say bluddy minded!)

I too set my aircon at around 25-26. It's the advisable setting for both economy and comfort.

Newbies to the climate tend to set at about 17deg! Ending up with an inside freezer and an outside oven and wondering why they never acclimatise!

I try to explain to them that it is not that unusual to get temperatures in mid 20s in UK that they manage in. And what baffles me is that, when the temps drop as low as below 20 in the UK they put the HEATING ON!

I know others who keep it so cold that they require pyjamas and a quilt on the bed during summer! And a few (mainly oldies) who think aircon is unnatural and bad for you and suffer and walk about with a dripping towel draped round their neck.

High humidity is what is BAD for you! Esp. if you have any heart conditions. Aircon is your friend then.

I'm happy to say I don't need it anywhere near as much in this bigger, airier apartment. I am quite comfortable at the mo under the fan.

The usual thing would be to put it on to cool bedroom before going to bed and then whack it on 'sleep' function when you get to bed - slower and quieter.

But the one in my bedroom seems not to work on SLEEP. Dagnammit I didn't have that one looked at when I had the living room one serviced and the new one put in spare room (silent and beautiful) because I was told it hadn't been used and it looked clean so I tho't it'd be OK.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I take it you don't like lamb then? lol! It's my favourite meat! When I used to take in language students all the Japanese ones hated lamb. When discussing meals they would say 'NO RAM RAM, NO RAM RAM' lol! (All the more for meee!)
Hate it, hate it, hate it.
My family call it "the meat of which we do not speak"
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Cold day here again.. sigh...12 degrees is too cold by far. May have enough coal for one more range fire but REFUSE to buy coal in June.

Coping with ME means for me making sure I do not get the dreaded deconditioning so many invite. Tired lying abed all day when I feel terrible and next day you feel even worse and the deconditioning so closely resembles the M.E and so on and so on. I am convinced that may who become bedbound suffer more from deconditioning . So however had the day is I make sure I get up every hour and walk round and do bits preferably outside where there is air.
This mid morning that was carrying more bags of yarn up stairs as I need to clear the extension for visitors
( I love my stairs as they challenge me!)

Then filling a large bucket with weeds on the driveway.

Back to bed and knitting again... I have soup ready for later so food is sorted

as for lamb; if were given lamb I would eat lamb. would be lovely to see a hot Sunday dinner arrive but it aint going to happen! lol!

Soup it is and bread and cheese and thankful to have that frankly....
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Morning all
Enjoy your day of leisure Helena. You might not get not her one for a while.
Hope the rain keeps off for the Fete Lynn & the Greyhound walk Bev. We should be able to rely on the weather in June
I wish it was warm enough here to need air con Pat

Well last night was a night & a half. I was in agony before I went to bed but stupidly didn't take any tablets. Crawled up stairs at 11.30 & was still awake & couldn't get comfy @ 3am. I ended up crawling downstairs for some tablets & decided to stay there on the recliner while they kicked in as I didn't think I would be able to get back upstairs. I was lying there covered with a throw & a bag of frozen butter beans strapped to my leg I did get a bit more comfy & managed to keep dropping off until 6.30 when I went back to bed till 7.30 & then gave up. It went a bit easier after more tablets & letting the shower spray directly on it & now I've got a Deep Heat patch on to try that as the ice didn't help.
Hope you all have a good dry day - it feels a bit wintry here.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Horrid morning isn't it TM. Went out with brekkies and to skip out with my fleece and woolly hat on and have considered lighting the fire. Still we have had a few nice days and it did save me watering the garden last night.
Woke up in the night and it was chucking it down.
I hope you get some relief from the pain today, once we have got more settled weather it may well (fingers crossed) ease. I know it goes against the grain but I also take pain killers before it kicks in when the original pain killers start wearing off, so I now don't get to the stage where I want to slash my wrists, I hate doing it, but hate the pain worse.
Have you been to a physio, I first started getting sciatica after my accident and I had several sessions with a physio and he was able to alleviate the pain for me by manipulation.
All my fingers are hurting this morning and so are my knees, and I've got training in a couple of hours.....
will be wrapped up like Nanook of the North!!!
Sounds like you are going to have a quiet peaceful day there Helena, long may it continue, you definitely need the downtime after the last few hectic months. Hope the accountant had good news for Dave and that it has put a smile on his face that carries him through till tomorrow.
Hope the greyhound walk goes well for you Bev and it stays dry for you more importantly, we seem to have the rain up this end today so maybe that is why
No need of aircon to keep me cool today Pat, it is like winter out there!!!!
Glad to hear the dinner went off well Jenny, although I have to laugh at you wanting to nod off in those boring speeches. You are such a good mum with the roman skirt saga, I would have made him come back tomorrow if I had to get ready for a dinner. Nice to hear you're feeling better in yourself and hope the worries are now receding and have become little ones.
I love lamb Nippy!!!
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Tangutica.
Your story about Martin falling asleep at a meeting made me laugh. I used to work for Oracle, retired a couple of years ago. Quite a serious IT company and they wouldn't be amused

Helena,
glad to hear Zena didn't eat your visitor. My Kodi is just the same, you would think we were in danger of being murdered when anyone comes to the door. He barks like crazy. I have been trying to train him out of it, without success so far.

We are all off out for dinner at Jamie Olivers Italian in Manchester this afternoon and then on to see The Who in concert at the arena. So we had to put Kodi in kennels yesterday, he wasn't impressed at all. Will pick him up in the morning, so he is only in there for 36 hours. It's a really nice farm kennels and they take good care of him, lots of walks and attention.

I have just posted an update in Lost & Found about Duke the GSD who went missing after his owner was in a car accident in Manchester last week. He has been found.

Weather here is abysmal at the moment, hope it improves later or it will be raincoats and umbrellas. Have a great day
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Tangutica.
Your story about Martin falling asleep at a meeting made me laugh. I used to work for Oracle, retired a couple of years ago. Quite a serious IT company and they wouldn't be amused

Helena,
glad to hear Zena didn't eat your visitor. My Kodi is just the same, you would think we were in danger of being murdered when anyone comes to the door. He barks like crazy. I have been trying to train him out of it, without success so far.

We are all off out for dinner at Jamie Olivers Italian in Manchester this afternoon and then on to see The Who in concert at the arena. So we had to put Kodi in kennels yesterday, he wasn't impressed at all. Will pick him up in the morning, so he is only in there for 36 hours. It's a really nice farm kennels and they take good care of him, lots of walks and attention.

I have just posted an update in Lost & Found about Duke the GSD who went missing after his owner was in a car accident in Manchester last week. He has been found.

Weather here is abysmal at the moment, hope it improves later or it will be raincoats and umbrellas. Have a great day
A relief to hear this.. my two start barking when the car is a long way away although the cats always here first and dive under the bed..... nothing will stop them.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Morning all
Enjoy your day of leisure Helena. You might not get not her one for a while.
Hope the rain keeps off for the Fete Lynn & the Greyhound walk Bev. We should be able to rely on the weather in June
I wish it was warm enough here to need air con Pat

Well last night was a night & a half. I was in agony before I went to bed but stupidly didn't take any tablets. Crawled up stairs at 11.30 & was still awake & couldn't get comfy @ 3am. I ended up crawling downstairs for some tablets & decided to stay there on the recliner while they kicked in as I didn't think I would be able to get back upstairs. I was lying there covered with a throw & a bag of frozen butter beans strapped to my leg I did get a bit more comfy & managed to keep dropping off until 6.30 when I went back to bed till 7.30 & then gave up. It went a bit easier after more tablets & letting the shower spray directly on it & now I've got a Deep Heat patch on to try that as the ice didn't help.
Hope you all have a good dry day - it feels a bit wintry here.
A miserable night for you and I hope tonight is better.. I take Tylex at night; stronger version of co codamol. Prescription stuff as we have nanny - pharmacists here and OTC meds are hard to get.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks Rosebud. I'll see how it goes today with Co Codemol & might have to visit the docs tomorrow if it's no better. Just taken some more but have still been in agony all morning
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Thanks Rosebud. I'll see how it goes today with Co Codemol & might have to visit the docs tomorrow if it's no better. Just taken some more but have still been in agony all morning
Please take care with the meds; paracetamol is in those and there is a strict limit. I alternate with aspirin and ibuprofen so that the Tylex does not lose effect and to give my system a break from Tylex.

Aspirin and Ibuprofen during the day; Tylex at night
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »