View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 08:20 AM
I think it was Jackbox who answered the question and I totally agree. When do you stop feeling......never, and I'd have to add unfortunately
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
I think it was Jackbox who answered the question and I totally agree. When do you stop feeling......never, and I'd have to add unfortunately
I agree - I'm not a 'pass the smelling salts' type or someone who cannot stand the sight of blood or face reality. Hasn't stopped me caring passionately about things I feel strongly about. I want to be informed. Not kept in the dark.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi

This post came about,because advertised in the TV was an early evening programme called Harbour Lights,it used to be a favourite haunt of mine with dogs and family,and as I am not mobile,find it difficult to access the beach in that area it is not easy to get down or up,so thought I will watch because it was about Poole,enjoyed seeing some of the places but Sandbanks I just dont know,I remember a dalmation we had called Oscar,and we were on Sandbanks Boxing Day,didnt realise that part of the beach was used for a Nature Club,and naked people were playing with a ball on a bit of elastic,well oscar wouldnt leave them alone,My Great Aunt Beatie had to go and retrieve him,she was nearly 70 then,and as she came off she said loudly whatever the fuss is about I have seen better specimens in the butchers and you are able to eat them too.Anyway enjoying this programme,suddenly we are with a seafood chef on a boat emptying his pots,he then gets this lobster which was quite aggressive with him,he stroked its head,and if it had been a cat it would have purred,I thought he was going to pick it up and put it back in the water,he said one for the pot £40,no recognition that this was a fellow creature with a brain and feelings,it really shook me,how bad TV has become.And the reason I said about people living abroad,was because TV coverage isnt world wide,you have complained on here about not seeing Paul O'Grady which is on our main stream TV,but maybe you should take your own advise,if you dont like what I have posted don't read it and if you have nothing good to say about anything dont say it because you end up showing yourself up.Gemini54
All this because you saw a chef, say " one for the pot" , what on earth do you think fishermen do with their catches....

Stroke it on the head and say...there, there

Hi Jackpot

Yes I meant compassion,I know you cant wrap your children in cotton wool,but an all rounded education,them being aware that there are two sides of the coin in life,will equip them to face life and take the right path.Gemini54
Yet, you only want one side aired on TV
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Hi I am aware of what happens when fish are caught,but what I was trying to say is,he communicated with it and it responded,and as I said it showed it had feelings,its probably taken it a bit far,but if I spoke to someone clasped hands,then hit them over the head,I would be regarded as the lowest of the low,so to me all creatures have a right to life.It may have only been a lobster,but a lot of people say that,what a fuss its only a dog or a cat where do we stop showing compassion and care.Gemini54
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

24-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Gemini, if you thought that way about all living things, including plants and vegetables, you would starve.
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Hi I am aware of what happens when fish are caught,but what I was trying to say is,he communicated with it and it responded,and as I said it showed it had feelings,its probably taken it a bit far,but if I spoke to someone clasped hands,then hit them over the head,I would be regarded as the lowest of the low,so to me all creatures have a right to life.It may have only been a lobster,but a lot of people say that,what a fuss its only a dog or a cat where do we stop showing compassion and care.Gemini54
I couldn't agree with you more.
It has to be said however, you must be rather lacking in compassion if your a fisherman anyways in my, probably quite unpopular judging from earlier posts, opinion.
I can't imagine many more painful ways to go then being shoved somewhere you can't breathe and suffocating or worse, being dragged in the nets with so many under so much pressure your organs pop out through your mouth....
I take great pleasure in sabotaging anglers efforts out and about
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Gemini, if you thought that way about all living things, including plants and vegetables, you would starve.
But plants and vegetables have no nervous system?
So presumably they can't feel any sort of emotion or suffering?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

24-06-2013, 10:21 AM
]
I take great pleasure in sabotaging anglers efforts out and about

So I take it your principles stop you eating meat/fish, or taking any form of medication.. cosmetics , shower get , creams and so on and so on.

I am sure your answer to all the above will be yes.... as someone with such convictions that they would take pleasure in sabotaging others, would never be a third party in any form of animal use for human benefit.
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
]

So I take it your principles stop you eating meat/fish, or taking any form of medication.. cosmetics , shower get , creams and so on and so on.

I am sure your answer to all the above will be yes.... as someone with such convictions that they would take pleasure in sabotaging others, would never be a third party in any form of animal use for human benefit.
I use cosmetics, creams etc of course, ethically produced ones.

I only eat fair trade, preferably organic food too and if money was no object that would extend to clothing as well.

I'm all for human and animal rights BUT I have never have been and never will be a person who will stand by and watch injustice or cruelty.
To anyone. Person or animal.

Anyone who harms another be that another person or an animal is in my mind a revolting person.

If I see a someone harming fish FOR FUN as in angling I WILL intervene.
In the same way as if I saw a child being bullied I would absolutely step in or someone beating their wife like the nigella incident.

There is no animal use for human benefit in my mind.
Many medications that have passed animal trials have gone on to kill people.
Likewise, many medications that failed animal trials, penicillin for example, proved successful for people. Indeed, if Fleming hadn't used it in desperation on a patient it would never have been discovered seeing as it either kills or causes serious defects in test animals.
There are better, more reliable alternatives but drug companies continue to trick people because animal trials re cheap. And largely ineffective.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

24-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Laurabehjet View Post
I use cosmetics, creams etc of course, ethically produced ones.

I only eat fair trade, preferably organic food too and if money was no object that would extend to clothing as well.

I'm all for human and animal rights BUT I have never have been and never will be a person who will stand by and watch injustice or cruelty.
To anyone. Person or animal.

Anyone who harms another be that another person or an animal is in my mind a revolting person.

If I see a someone harming fish FOR FUN as in angling I WILL intervene.
In the same way as if I saw a child being bullied I would absolutely step in or someone beating their wife like the nigella incident.

There is no animal use for human benefit in my mind.
Many medications that have passed animal trials have gone on to kill people.
Likewise, many medications that failed animal trials, penicillin for example, proved successful for people. Indeed, if Fleming hadn't used it in desperation on a patient it would never have been discovered seeing as it either kills or causes serious defects in test animals.
There are better, more reliable alternatives but drug companies continue to trick people because animal trials re cheap. And largely ineffective.
So Do you eat fish ??
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >