View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Thanks Lucky, Lynn and Bev, and yes, you can uncross everything now, and I can r-e-l-a-x a bit, just a little bit!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Have a glass of something to celebrate - I am ... just for you, hic.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Fantastic, it sounds perfect, all you need now is a sunny day for the move!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Phew, I'm knackered reading all this - haven't been on here much lately and just catching up as the weather is s....e. Soon be over for you all and you'll be in your little piece of paradise.......so pleased for you all. Looking forward to the pictures and very very envious............ Gillx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Have a glass of something to celebrate - I am ... just for you, hic.
Cheers then Lucky!! I'll be doing that Wednesday lunchtime coz all the girls are taking me out for a farewell lunch, I'd rather not be going, but seeing as they've arranged it, I can't let them down, and they'd never forgive me if I didn't turn up! Mine will be a laaaaarge one on Wednesday!!!

Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
Phew, I'm knackered reading all this - haven't been on here much lately and just catching up as the weather is s....e. Soon be over for you all and you'll be in your little piece of paradise.......so pleased for you all. Looking forward to the pictures and very very envious............ Gillx
Thanks Gill, and well done for reading through it all no wonder you're knackered, just imagine how I feel having lived through it all let alone read through it!!!

Thanks Gerry, I'm sure the sun will shine down on us on that day, I'm absolutely sure of it, I wanna be on that balcony out the front with my g&t watching it going down over the tops of those trees!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Yay! I am soooooo pleased for you and Dave! Roll on Friday
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 04:49 AM
So pleased (and relieved) for you!!!!

I've only once had that 'at home' feeling. It's for where I am now and it would take a bulldozer to get me to move. I have a feeling that it's going to be the same for you.

I've relaxed those fingers and toes now, but still keeping 'em just a little bit crossed so that the actual move goes smoothly for you.

I had 8 weeks without any internet access and relying on my mobile when we moved here. We were so busy and excited that I really didn't care . You'll see, your three or so weeks will fly by and you'll soon be posting all those wonderful photo's of your new home.

Well done, Helena (and Dave of course). Good luck on Friday xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 05:48 AM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Yay! I am soooooo pleased for you and Dave! Roll on Friday
Thanks Lou

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
So pleased (and relieved) for you!!!!

I've only once had that 'at home' feeling. It's for where I am now and it would take a bulldozer to get me to move. I have a feeling that it's going to be the same for you.

I've relaxed those fingers and toes now, but still keeping 'em just a little bit crossed so that the actual move goes smoothly for you.

I had 8 weeks without any internet access and relying on my mobile when we moved here. We were so busy and excited that I really didn't care . You'll see, your three or so weeks will fly by and you'll soon be posting all those wonderful photo's of your new home.

Well done, Helena (and Dave of course). Good luck on Friday xx
Thanks Chris, and thanks for all your advice and support which helped me through. Glad to hear your present home gave you the same feeling that this one gives me, I wonder if that's because it's our last home so to speak, it could be because we will really be "going home" from here!!!

I can't wait to get the paint brush out and change all those yellows and blues to my nice, calm mocha's. Then there's that new kitchen and bathroom to dream about, and plush new carpet, oooooooooooooh can't wait!!! The only difference this time around being we won't have the cash cosh she's stole it all lol!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 05:54 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
The only difference this time around being we won't have the cash cosh she's stole it all lol!
That can be a blessing in disguise though as it will give you chance to 'feel' the new place before deciding what suits it best
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 06:02 AM
Just what Dave said Chris, we're going to live in it and get the feel first before doing anything, unlike what we had to do here all in a rush when mum arrived, and got most of it wrong especially the plug sockets in the wrong place!!

The kitchen has a hatch in it (sooooo 80's!!!) and I want to turn that into a big opening into the lounge and then close off the door from the hall to regain the wall space, but this time, we'll be getting the building officer in before we start!!!! French doors into the garden from the kitchen is also on my list, but Dave said by the time we do all that I won't have much kitchen left, so you're right, we've got to get the feel of it all first and take it from there, when I've been saving hard of course!
Page 11 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 >