Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm starting to feel a bit jealous, it looks bloomin great

I'm thinking we could have a virtual house warming, that way we can drink as much as we like and not worry about driving home
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I'm thinking we could have a virtual house warming, that way we can drink as much as we like and not worry about driving home
I'll drink to that
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2012, 08:42 PM
H I think that is normal for a solicitor

I think they sometimes forget that your the one paying them!
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2012, 08:45 PM
I'm starting to feel a bit jealous, it looks bloomin great

Brilliant Idea...will drink to that!!

I am soooo pleased and happy for you all, bout time somat went right for you and yours.

Can see you in your dotage in a rocking chair on that veranda with a G & T....

Well Done mate!!!
xxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2012, 09:27 PM
That virtual housewarming sounds like a good idea to me, I know Sally (Bitkin) still has an abundant supply of magic bottles, and I'll do the nibbles!

I am soooooooo tired now!!! I've just been sorting out all the paperwork the solicitor is going to ask me for regarding the loft extension, and it's a good job I'm a Virgo, all organised with a big box file of paperwork that I had throughout the whole process, but I've had to photocopy it all, done my head in now!!! Oh Lordy and this is only the start!

I had the agents on the phone most of the afternoon, coz the buyers want to buy bits off me, but I've now decided they can't have my big 42" on the wall coz Dave said it's a very expensive one and it'll cost us to replace it! Then they want the automatic working on the up and over garage door, which drove Dave nuts apparently trying to work out, so that's gotta be fixed and working now coz it was on the bladdy details I don't want them to be upset over ANYTHING, so if I have to get a man in to get it working then I will. It was new when we bought the new garage door, it's just that we didn't want it working, it's sooooo much easier lifting the bladdy thing up, than have the worry that it'll breakdown and we can't get into the garage!

Off to bed now coz I'm completely creamed!!!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
That virtual housewarming sounds like a good idea to me, I know Sally (Bitkin) still has an abundant supply of magic bottles, and I'll do the nibbles!
Would this consist of the tin of choccy biccies that never come out of the cupboard??
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Then they want the automatic working on the up and over garage door, which drove Dave nuts apparently trying to work out,
Tell Dave I do sympathise with him. The last time I came across one of those things was in Saudi Arabia, our villa had one ('cos Saudi architects love them) of course it didn't work

Anyway, there were five blokes in this villa, a fully qualified chartered electrical engineer, a fully qualified telecoms engineer, two highly skilled electrical technicians and a very experienced auto electrician.

None of us could work out how the dam thing worked, the only thing we could agree on was that it was not wired the way the manufacturer intended We did get it going in the end but only after we ordered a service manual from America and completely re-wired the whole thing

I'd like to think that the people who installed your one are better than the Saudi builders and hope you can get yours sorted a bit quicker
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Would this consist of the tin of choccy biccies that never come out of the cupboard??
Yep, them's the ones!!!!!

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Tell Dave I do sympathise with him. The last time I came across one of those things was in Saudi Arabia, our villa had one ('cos Saudi architects love them) of course it didn't work

Anyway, there were five blokes in this villa, a fully qualified chartered electrical engineer, a fully qualified telecoms engineer, two highly skilled electrical technicians and a very experienced auto electrician.

None of us could work out how the dam thing worked, the only thing we could agree on was that it was not wired the way the manufacturer intended We did get it going in the end but only after we ordered a service manual from America and completely re-wired the whole thing

I'd like to think that the people who installed your one are better than the Saudi builders and hope you can get yours sorted a bit quicker
errr, that'll be Dave then!!! He said it drove him nuts, coz it kept thinking there was a dog or something underneath it, and stopped the last 2 feet and went up again!!! Anyhoo, me being me, super efficient and all that, I've got a real garage door man coming round tomorrow, who has promised me he will connect it all back up, programme the remote in properly and get it working!!

Oh Lordy, what a morning, rushing around, estate agents again etc. but I keep having visions of sitting on the balcony, after a nice long walk in those springtime woods, and that keeps me going, let alone that lovely arched window that is MY bedroom, with it's own en-suite!!! Poor Dave, I'm shoving him in the small back room, but the only problem with that is, he's got loads more wardrobe space than I have with the fitted wardrobes, so I'll be taking half of that over too!!!

......and b-r-e-a-t-h-e!!!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Isn't it frustrating though. You want everything doing NOW and do everything you can to make it happen NOW, but you come up against those damned solicitors and searches that all take time.

Funny thing is, it gets to a week before moving and then the panic about not having enough time to finish the packing kicks in
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-03-2012, 01:15 PM
He said it drove him nuts, coz it kept thinking there was a dog or something underneath it, and stopped the last 2 feet and went up again!!!
Well at least the wiring will be OK It'll be something simple H so don't worry about it, you've got enough to worry about with getting the solicitors to get off their back sides and push the search through and then you'll be on your way. Bet you can't wait.
Page 14 of 17 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >