View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
copper2911
New Member!
Female 

15-08-2011, 08:13 PM

In your opinion, what are the best dog hair clippers, blades & combs?

I have a cockapoo. Can anyone recommend good, quiet clippers for a long, thick coat?
If I want to keep his hair at least 25/30 mm long do I need to add a comb, or will a blade suffice? What are the longest blades/combs available? Do I need at least 2 blades due to overheating, and what length should they be?
Do I need a separate blade for in between his pads?
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 08:23 PM
I like the moser switchblades. For most dogs I would use a 5f blade for the body and a 10 blade for the bottom and inside legs etc. The 10 comes with the clippers. I wouldn't bother with combs, they snag on the fur and will be uncomfortable for your dog. For between the pads, I would recommend you buy some round ended paw scissors. You can also use these for round the eyes etc. Oh yes, and get a sturdy grooming table too!

If you buy wahl or moser clippers you can send them off to be serviced quite cheaply, and if they break they will send you back a reconditioned one.

ETA a 5f would be fairly short (just read your op properly!!!!) A 3f may be ok though.