Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 01:41 AM

Tear Staining

Sorry to bring this up again, thought folk might be interested in this

For quite a while now I had our boy on RC - he has did well and thrived on it. I was getting complacent A few weeks ago I discovered another "hot spot", I know folk will disagree they can be food related however in our experience I feel it is very much related. At the time I changed him onto RC it was a toss up between it and Pro Plan - RC came out slightly lower in fat than PP which is why I choose it. Have since been informed that PP has slightly less oil than RC. However hot spots are sore things and rather than risk more we did a change over to ProPlan.

Now it is amazing in the difference with tear staining. Before he had heavy staining, so much so I was cleaning it every day and using vaseline smeared along the stain lines. The staining has dramatically reduced and that is after only one week It remains to be seen what will happen regarding hot spots, time will tell as far as they are concerned however I really cannot get over the difference in tear staining

Incidently we feed our boy on the "light" diets, not because he is heavy but because of the fat/oil contents less oil/fat in their diet appears to have helped the itchy skin problems. However as we are only at the start of the "growing" season I will defer a final opinion until well into the warmer weather regarding itchy doglets
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Ours had AG before we put them onto a raw diet just over a year ago.
Our chinese cresteds powderpuffs, suffered quite abit with tear staining .. Yet since swapping them to raw, there hasnt been a sigh of any tear stains what so ever!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 11:04 PM
You are lucky a raw diet made no difference to tear staining at all with ours - glad it helped yours tho...
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
You are lucky a raw diet made no difference to tear staining at all with ours - glad it helped yours tho...
we have seen no end of changes in our dogs health and apperance since changing them over!
Sorry it didnt work for you.