Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pupsandpets
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by **Leanne** View Post
She said that the dog was a happy wanderer and also walks 150 yards behind the others - I asked if she knew this wouldnt she be more vigilant and maybe think about leading the dog?? I just got rant about leading the dogs...... I got really angry with her when she said havent you ever lost a dog?!! Erm no I'm responsible with my animals, the only thing I ever lose is my keys and my marbles lol! I was accused of causing a smear campaign as I had asked other people's opinions - not once have I named or shamed the company publicly nor am I going to..... but I have been advised to take the matter further and make a police complaint, but really dont want the hassle, I like an easy life, but annoyed my kindness has lead to this - makes you think twice about doing anything nice in the future!
I can imagine you're really frustrated but I bet the owners of that particular dog are pleased you told them what happened.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 12:53 PM
What a terribly unprofessional way to respond to someone that had found a dog one of your companies walkers had lost.

Clearly the welbeing of their charges isn't top priority if it takes them so long to contact you to collect the dog, don't bother to tell the owner what had happened (incase of eating something that later effects the dog/injury not immediately apparent) then condemn you for doing the responsible thing.

If a dog is a "happy wanderer" then it should be on a lead, end of. No risks should be taken with them. How does their insurance work with a walker taking so many dogs (if indeed they are insured)?

In future I'd be sure to contact the owner directly and leave it up to them to deal with the company if/when they contact to let the owner know the dog is missing.

Disgraceful unprofessional behaviour.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 03:00 PM
She said that the dog was a happy wanderer and also walks 150 yards behind the others - I asked if she knew this wouldnt she be more vigilant and maybe think about leading the dog?? I just got rant about leading the dogs...... I got really angry with her when she said havent you ever lost a dog?!! Erm no I'm responsible with my animals, the only thing I ever lose is my keys and my marbles lol! I was accused of causing a smear campaign as I had asked other people's opinions - not once have I named or shamed the company publicly nor am I going to..... but I have been advised to take the matter further and make a police complaint, but really dont want the hassle, I like an easy life, but annoyed my kindness has lead to this - makes you think twice about doing anything nice in the future!
Why don't you make another call to the owners? They really should know what an unprofessional outfit they are using.

J
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2009, 03:20 PM
I have to disagree with you, you did do the right thing and I hope it won't put you off in future, you really could have saved that dogs life and you know the company in question are in the wrong in more ways than one, I like a quiet life too so I know where you are coming from but don't let them put you off from doing the right thing in future.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
I have to disagree with you, you did do the right thing and I hope it won't put you off in future, you really could have saved that dogs life and you know the company in question are in the wrong in more ways than one, I like a quiet life too so I know where you are coming from but don't let them put you off from doing the right thing in future.
Agree with this totally. You did the right thing, the company are obviously so embarrassed that they employ such useless people that they will try blaming everyone but themselves.

The dog was unhurt, that's the main thing, but if you hadn't informed the owner - would he be so lucky the next time, or the time after that?
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4