View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Well I got a phone call from the company before I actually got the email sent (may help if I get the right email address in the first place!!) and I am now starting a dog war and malicious, and trying to take custom away from them, last time I do a good deed (and no doubt they will read this) and got into trouble for not taking their number and calling them - I honestly didnt think of this at the time or had credit on my mobile, but no more good deeds for me if this is what i get for it!
pupsandpets
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2009, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't worry about it.
That seems an unprofessional response to me - they should be thinking about the proper wellfare of the animals not just their business. They should be questioning the walkers capability.
I think its disgraceful and you definately did the right thing - especially with the owners.
I personally wouldn't trust them after this episode.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by **Leanne** View Post
Well I got a phone call from the company before I actually got the email sent (may help if I get the right email address in the first place!!) and I am now starting a dog war and malicious, and trying to take custom away from them, last time I do a good deed (and no doubt they will read this) and got into trouble for not taking their number and calling them - I honestly didnt think of this at the time or had credit on my mobile, but no more good deeds for me if this is what i get for it!
Its a good job you did what you did, the poor little fella could have fallen into the wrong hands and anything could have happened, you did the right thing, you left a contact no. so the dog walker knew what had happened the dog was their responsibility not yours but you were clearly more responsible, it wasn't you who lost the dog.Their attitude stinks because they know they are in the wrong, and they deserve to lose business, and thats got nothing to do with you, you did them a favour, how ungrateful are they?
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 11:57 PM
HI,

You definitely did the rightthing.

If anything like that happens again, maybe it's worth ONLY contacting the owner and handing the dog back to them directly - therefore bypassing usch an unprofessioanl company. That way, the owner can deal with the company and any backlash although as an owner, I reckon a tirade of abuse wouldmost likely follow.

Laura xx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Quite frankly I'm appalled at the company for giving you a hard time. I would be tempted to take it to the local newspaper and tell them of your good deed and the company's stinking response.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
HI,

You definitely did the rightthing.

If anything like that happens again, maybe it's worth ONLY contacting the owner and handing the dog back to them directly - therefore bypassing usch an unprofessioanl company. That way, the owner can deal with the company and any backlash although as an owner, I reckon a tirade of abuse wouldmost likely follow.

Laura xx
I think that's a good idea. Unbelieveable that the company wouldn't be down on it's hands a knees thanking you. They could be facing a lawsuit surely if this dog had not been found at all or dogknapped instead of being found by an honest person.

I think people need to know that their dogs are in potentially irresponsible hands.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Leanne I would suggest a letter to the courier and the telly (the local telegraph for those not from round here)you don't have to mention what you do for a job but simply what the story was and the company - I know for one I wouldn't want them anywhere near my dog after all dogs are dogs and even those with 100% recall can possibly be distracted and thats why we pay peopleto be RESPONSIBLE. I honestly think it is shocking the response you got, the company should be thankful,its not up to YOU to contact THEM but for THEM to be looking after others dogs - the job they are paid for!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Leanne I would suggest a letter to the courier and the telly (the local telegraph for those not from round here)you don't have to mention what you do for a job but simply what the story was and the company - I know for one I wouldn't want them anywhere near my dog after all dogs are dogs and even those with 100% recall can possibly be distracted and thats why we pay peopleto be RESPONSIBLE. I honestly think it is shocking the response you got, the company should be thankful,its not up to YOU to contact THEM but for THEM to be looking after others dogs - the job they are paid for!
I second that!!!!
Elaine x
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 09:57 AM
I would have rather you took my dog home than leave it there on its own, you did the right thing...an apology from the company would have been better than a rant from them !
I see dog walkers all the time and am dissapointed mostly by what I see, Citreon Berlingo, 8 / 10 dogs in on one journey, and they weren't all toy sized in fact none of them were, BMD, GH, Doberman, Inuit, Labs, Retriever...
walked the legnth of the trees and back, there is a railway track nearby, one day I drove into the car park and a Lab was on the other side of the main road, I wondered about the dog before I saw the girl with the biscuit box at the track shouting his name, shaking the box vigourously, I went over and said are you looking for a blk lab with a blue collar, she says aye, I said hes over the other side of the main rd, she said hes a happy wanderer, always doing that, I would be pig sick if I thought my dog was put in danger like that !
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2009, 10:17 AM
She said that the dog was a happy wanderer and also walks 150 yards behind the others - I asked if she knew this wouldnt she be more vigilant and maybe think about leading the dog?? I just got rant about leading the dogs...... I got really angry with her when she said havent you ever lost a dog?!! Erm no I'm responsible with my animals, the only thing I ever lose is my keys and my marbles lol! I was accused of causing a smear campaign as I had asked other people's opinions - not once have I named or shamed the company publicly nor am I going to..... but I have been advised to take the matter further and make a police complaint, but really dont want the hassle, I like an easy life, but annoyed my kindness has lead to this - makes you think twice about doing anything nice in the future!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >