Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2018, 07:03 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 6th July.

Good morning. OMG! I can't stop itching the very thought of that property you visited infested with fleas Lynn. A definite no no! That has really given me the creeps. I shall watch to make sure it is not offered back on the rental market.

I hope everyone and their four legged friends are all in fine fettle.

Hope Kota is better Griff.

Sad about that diver dying in the caves in Thailand. Makes you worry for the kids sakes.

Have a good day take care and stay cool and above all safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2018, 07:32 AM
Morning Moyra, when I read it I was saddened by it.On the plus side I read that some poachers of rhino had been eaten and mauled by lions in Africa. Justice I call that. When will this heat give up? Tyto struggling at times with it. Wonder how LG is coping? Just read that they are treating the fire on the moor as arson. Dreadful. Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2018, 08:02 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda and all who follow

Do hope Tyto manages to find somewhere nice and cool for the day.

Oh dear Lynn do hope you and Mark are no longer scratching. The agents should really tell you that the house is not of conventional build he is wasting everyones time. As for the fleas they should get the owner to have it defumigated before anyone else goes in.

How is Kota today Griff?

Another nice day here. Teazle walked early, coffee had, washing out and now off out to cut back neighbours rose bush. so that my car doesn't get scratched. Neighbours really have no idea about roses

Hope all are keeping well and that LG is still safe.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2018, 08:03 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda and all who follow.

Moyra I am still itching today although there is no evidence of any dropping off in here. Hopefully we got them all with the flea spray outside.
Don't worry if it does come up on the rental market again it is a house not a bungalow. So not at all what you are looking for.
Wonder if the agent will ring back now I have told them it is flea infested and we will not be pursuing a second appointment as it needs fumigating.
Dillon had an extra clove of garlic wasn't due one for a day or two but want to be on the safe side has had a good brush outside not inside and sprayed with my homemade spray. Next hoovering then washing the filters.
So much extra work it has created.

Sad about the diver and worrying for the children the staff with them and their parents of course.
Sorry Tyto is struggling brenda.
Indeed poetic justice those poachers getting eaten by lions. I couldn't believe when I heard those fires are possibly arson.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends to.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2018, 08:24 AM
Agent from yesterday just rang. So so upset she had exactly the same problem. Except she didn't buy flea spray and spray her car so she fears her car now has fleas and she has taken them into her home.
She was so apologetic I said I know it's not your fault but it needed saying. She totally agrees. Also worried about the clients behind us.
She is now ringing the vendor and telling them until it is sorted she will not be going into the property and certainly will not subject any one else to the infestation.
Poor woman was nearly in tears she did thank me for emailing about it as she thought she was going mad.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2018, 02:15 PM
Afternoon just took a stroll down to the bungalow to satisfy my curiosity.

Quickly recapped my tips from surveyor. No thickness of walls some sort of panelling on the exterior while he was chatting to the other viewer I wandered up the side and tapped nothing behind except possibly plasterboard. Certainly nothing substantial. Very thin window ledges no depth and no wall behind them.
Very hot in there which indicates in the winter it will be very cold think I noticed some damp behind where a bed would of been.
Lovely that the river was literally outside the back but very small garden. The garage was a sauna.
Wouldn't even contemplate an asbestos survey due to the thinness of the walls from the outside.
Asked about paperwork about when it was built apparently it is lost. Fair enough over 60 to 70 years it possibly is.
Mentioned about the other buyer and it seems the sellers have had quite some bad luck with selling it.
The other couple that were there the guy said to agent to much work it can be done but even for the price expense and hard labour.
I wonder if a builder might buy it apply to knock it down and build a nice substantial bungalow and of solid construction where this one is now standing.
Glad I took a look satisfies those what if's. I did melt though walking down there decided not to take the car it is school turning out time and getting up and down that road would take me longer than walking.
Living room has been 24.5 nearly all day popped the stat outside in 5 minutes it was up to 25 reckon it will be nearer 30 when I look again.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2018, 03:08 PM
Lynn, glad the agent apologised for the fleas.
Thank you all for asking about Kota... swelling still there and my dad felt it and it's solid..I am assuming that's not good, I just hope if it's anything nasty the fact she was in the vet within 4hours of me seeing it will be a good thing
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2018, 03:30 PM
Griff, does it seem to worry her? Could be a bite of some sort.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2018, 03:32 PM
Awwww griff sorry the lump doesn't seem any better. Fingers crossed still just a bad infection.
Maybe they will do an aspiration next time you go.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2018, 04:06 PM
Hi Griff

Check this out my cat Cleo had one once it was called a sialocele which is a in effect a build up of salivia in the salivia gland.

When do you go back to the vets?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >