View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Good luck to everyone who did it (as I forgot ) Please don't forget that me and my lovely trio make excellent house guests and there are a couple of lodges!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks Azz! Hope it's on of us
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Wow - how amazing they sold 46,000 tickets and so have made over a million pounds (taking out legal fees etc). I am sure that they have made a lot more money this way than if they had just done a straight sale - especially with the market as it is.

Good luck everyone.
Whoever wins could turn it into a Dogsey hotel !!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Its a great way of selling a house....*brain is ticking*......Not sure mine is worth £25 at the moment!!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

15-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Not good news I'm afraid!

Postponement of Draw Date

We are so sorry to have to tell all of our entrants that the Draw has been postponed.

The Gambling Commission have begun looking into the concept of House Competitions generally and as part of that process we have contacted and are in discussions with them to confirm that the competition meets their requirements.

At this late stage of proceedings, the Gambling Commission have asked for more information on the Competition question, despite the fact that we approached them for guidance before the start of the competition in March of this year, only to be told that they had no issues with our conduct or the running of the competition.

It seems that after our success, which was only made possible by our entrants and the public support which we’ve received, a number of copycat projects have launched which the commission are concerned may not comply with their guidelines. This means that they are looking into all similar competitions and raising issues over the concept of dealing with property in this innovative way.

We have been asked to demonstrate why we believe that our question prevented a significant number of people from participating in the competition, which is the main legal test to decide whether or not the competition is authentic rather than a simple lottery or game of chance.

We and our Solicitor have responded immediately and told the Commission that only a small minority of the population have purchased coarse fishing licences over the past year – around 500,000 from an adult population of 45 million. As such, only a small minority of the public would know the answer to our question without any basic research over the internet which the Commission’s guidance stated was in line with the current legislation.

We realise that the Commission will need to make checks given the sheer number of sites coming on line, but we are of course frustrated by the timing of their queries and the fact that they have previously made open statements to us and to the national press that the Competition was lawful. We were asked to postpone the draw on October 3rd and since then have done everything we can to assist the commission and to demonstrate that we have followed their guidelines to the letter, however the process is still ongoing and as such we have no choice but to postpone the draw to ensure that all of our entrants still receive their chance to win.

We, like you, are desperately disappointed by this news, coming so close to what should have been the most exciting time in this project and the realisation of handing the keys to our dream property to the lucky winner. We are also devastated that, by changing the rules after the process began, the Commission may decide that our dream may not be realised.

We are continuing our discussions with the Commission and can reassure all of you that the entry fund is still in place and still safe. The worst case scenario is that all of our entrants will be issued with a full refund if the draw does not go ahead.

In the meantime, we are eternally grateful for all of your support and would be delighted if you could forward on any messages of support to us via E-Mail to brianwilshaw@eclipse.co.uk with the words ’Public Support’ in the subject line so that we can pass them on to the Gambling Commission in the hope of making this dream a reality.”

(We hope that you can appreciate that we may not be able to send you an acknowledgment for any of these emails of support).

Brian, Wendy and Louisa Wilshaw
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Beaurocatic no-neck twonks!..... and I didn't even enter!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 04:31 PM
what happens to all those who did enter? will they get their £25 back?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
what happens to all those who did enter? will they get their £25 back?

We are continuing our discussions with the Commission and can reassure all of you that the entry fund is still in place and still safe. The worst case scenario is that all of our entrants will be issued with a full refund if the draw does not go ahead.

Yes, that's what it says!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 05:09 PM
and I've packed already
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
and I've packed already
Me too! ... I didn't buy a ticket but I was sure one of you lot would win it.

I was looking forward to a Dogsey knees up! Party poopers!
Page 5 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »