Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
You could always put something on one of them (fox poo should do the trick) so that she knows instantly without having to look at them.
Oooh yes, good idea - I foudn an odd Ebay store in the USA that sells fox, bear, racoon, deer and squirrel scents for training hunting dogs..... The world's your lobster there.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 08:13 AM
My mother can't tell the difference between my dogs either even between the Welsh Terrier and Lakeland Terrier
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 09:34 AM
I get that with mine, people constantly ask me how do I tell the difference, and I look at them, they are different colours, sizes, different trims etc etc. I just say how do you tell people apart!!
Becky
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Hehe (what lovely dogs by the way).....if your mum's eyesight is the problem then how is her sense of smell?! You could always put something on one of them (fox poo should do the trick) so that she knows instantly without having to look at them.
Ah thanks!-no there's nothing wrong with my Mum's eyesight! She is very houseproud so I think Cherry, Parker and I would get shown the door pdq if we came in with Cherry smelling like fox poo!!!!

Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Oooh yes, good idea - I foudn an odd Ebay store in the USA that sells fox, bear, racoon, deer and squirrel scents for training hunting dogs..... The world's your lobster there.
Thanks-I'll know what to do when I don't want to visit my Mum for long then!!

Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
My mother can't tell the difference between my dogs either even between the Welsh Terrier and Lakeland Terrier
No-that is beyond belief!!

Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I get that with mine, people constantly ask me how do I tell the difference, and I look at them, they are different colours, sizes, different trims etc etc. I just say how do you tell people apart!!
Becky
Mmm-perhaps it is like we think Chinese people all look the same and they think the same about Caucausions?
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 05:18 PM
I think you ought to get one of those evil electric shock dog collars and put it on your Mum and every time she gets it wrong - zap. She will soon learn
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 05:57 PM
My dad was like this with me and my three older sisters.... always calling us by the wrong names.....

I'm emotionally damaged by it all

*NOT*
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
I think you ought to get one of those evil electric shock dog collars and put it on your Mum and every time she gets it wrong - zap. She will soon learn

Excellent idea-love it!

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
My dad was like this with me and my three older sisters.... always calling us by the wrong names.....

I'm emotionally damaged by it all

*NOT*
Actually you may have come up with the reason there-my Mum comes from a family of 7 and her Mum used to run through all the girl's names before she got to the correct one for my Mum! Perhaps it is genetic?!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2