Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-06-2010, 02:42 PM

How will the budget affect you ???

Well what does it mean for you ...??
People were queuing at the petrol station at lunch time panic buying ....
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Well, both of my parents are civil servants... says it all really...
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 05:08 PM
He has left my fags, whisky and petrol alone
Unfortunately I will lose my free swims from the end of next month
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
He has left my fags, whisky and petrol alone
Unfortunately I will lose my free swims from the end of next month
Well you will be paying more for them, but not until next year when the VAT goes up (so stock up on the ciggies and the whisky now )

Sorry to hear about your swimming though

It did surprise me a little as I thought he was going to hit higher earners more, but it looks like most of it is cost savings through cutting benefits. I've mixed feelings about that - I know plenty of people who milk the system but equally know of plenty that need every penny they get.

As for public employees, I do feel sorry for them, but it is no more than most workers I know in the private sector have already had to go through. In fact never mind a pay freeze, many people I know in the private sector have actually accepted pay cuts in an effort to try and secure their jobs.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Actually i dont think its too bad. Oh yes and i am a civil servant and no i dont drink or smoke! I was expecting a lot lot worse so i guess im grateful it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be x
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 05:34 PM
My pay is going to be frozen for the next 2 years. Nuff said!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Well you will be paying more for them, but not until next year when the VAT goes up (so stock up on the ciggies and the whisky now )

Sorry to hear about your swimming though

It did surprise me a little as I thought he was going to hit higher earners more, but it looks like most of it is cost savings through cutting benefits. I've mixed feelings about that - I know plenty of people who milk the system but equally know of plenty that need every penny they get.

As for public employees, I do feel sorry for them, but it is no more than most workers I know in the private sector have already had to go through. In fact never mind a pay freeze, many people I know in the private sector have actually accepted pay cuts in an effort to try and secure their jobs.
Lol, I will be smoking and drinking like mad before January is it?
Our local pool told me this afternoon they are trying to work out some way of still giving OAPs some sort of consession.

Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
Actually i dont think its too bad. Oh yes and i am a civil servant and no i dont drink or smoke! I was expecting a lot lot worse so i guess im grateful it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be x
Me too!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Well that's my pay frozen for 2 years and we're expected to make budget cuts within our organisation as well.

Nothing we can do about it but what really galls me is the amount of employees we have on long term sick for 'questionable' reasons and collecting full pay.

I'm not talking about the genuinely ill people. Get rid of some of the shirkers and you're saving money already. Just my opinion of course.

VAT we were expecting so I guess all in all it could be a lot worse. Thing is, we can't change it so just have to get on with it as we always do. Been through worse
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 08:47 PM
what they give me with one hand - less tax to pay, they will take back with the other - higher VAT on the money I spend, so I guess it does nothing for me!
I looked at the queue at the petrol station at lunchtime & thought - forget it I can't be bothered
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
My pay is going to be frozen for the next 2 years. Nuff said!
Me too. Does that include this year which has already been frozen or will that make it 3 years?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »