Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

11-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
With all these analogies flying around I don't know which mental image is less worrying - Clegg & Cameron sharing a bed or having a punch up! Perhaps they did both?
Make love not war
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I think today is a very sad day for Scotland.

The Tories ruined us then and they will no doubt not been so keen on us now either.

I just hope to god David Cameron doesn't turn out to be another Margaret Thatcher.
Agree with this.. not feeling very positive about it though..
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Make love not war
Oh dear lord, it doesn't bare thinking about!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 10:36 PM
I'd like Scotland and Wales to go it alone and let England's tax payers have free prescriptions and free care for the elderly! That way the poorer areas of England could have more of an injection and labour could enjoy running Scotland!

Other than that not happening I am hopeful that this will be the start of a new age for politics without all the bickering. It'll never be perfect but as someone pointed out we are in more of a mess than we were during and after the war and we need a fresh look at everything.

rune
SR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-05-2010, 10:48 PM
On the elderly that's how our cash limit budget was spent, your own area MP's will have to explain to you where your cash share was spent, it's them that decide.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle7026814.ece
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 05:25 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I'd like Scotland and Wales to go it alone and let England's tax payers have free prescriptions and free care for the elderly! That way the poorer areas of England could have more of an injection and labour could enjoy running Scotland!

Other than that not happening I am hopeful that this will be the start of a new age for politics without all the bickering. It'll never be perfect but as someone pointed out we are in more of a mess than we were during and after the war and we need a fresh look at everything.

rune
Us Scottish folk who work damn hard pay taxes in to the British Government as well, you know!

ETA: Scotland and Wales not being part of the UK doesn't automatically mean free prescriptions for taxpayers and free care for the elderly either! Your government, our government could decide on this for England and Wales NOW, but they are not! And it's not because Scotland and Wales are part of the UK! Blame them, not us and Wales being part of the UK!

Also, there are many things I'm sick of paying for as well, for example; people who breed and cannot afford their offspring, which we, in turn, pay for. Junkies getting methadone which is just another drug. I could go on!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 05:47 AM
I'd like to see the MPs scrutinised much more closely.

The expenses debacle was unearthed under a Labour government, but I'm pretty sure it's been going on for years, regardless of who was in power.

Labour have stolen the first three and a half years of my free travel as a pensioner, so I'm not enamoured with them.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again - they're all scheming half-wits, regardless of their political leanings, and until a party prove me wrong, I'll stick with that thought, and endeavour to take care of myself.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 07:04 AM
Congratulations DC and Clegg on your deputy post. I look forward to change and pray it will be for the better.

A Toff government, who'd have thunk it ;o)
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 07:10 AM
If DC's promises and words are borne out by actions, IF, that will be good. Time will tell ... . If the news is correct, I can't see some of his party being happy with some of the concessions - higher capital gains tax on non-business related things (like second homes), not increasing the inheritance tax threshold, etc.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2010, 07:14 AM
Agree LS they can all talk the talk lets see if they will walk the walk and stand by what they say and get the country back onto its feet.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >