View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 05:40 AM
I am not really in to politics at all and don't understand it. But from the little I saw last night Cameron is a slimey awful liar who wants to make the poor and those below the poverty line even worse off by cutting family tax credit and stopping those who really need benefits getting them.
Brown well he just has no real interest in the people of this country and is out for himself.
Clegg it has to be. If people will give them the chance to get in I think they will really try and prove themselves to be good for this country.

I don't understand the voting though, I think we should vote for one of them by name, but don't we have to vote our local councelor in? Although I want Lib Dems to win the general election I don't want our lib dem candidate for our area as he has no real interest in it as he lives elsewhere, wheras the independent candidate lives locally and really is trying to improve our area.
I find it so confusing.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 08:14 AM
More recent polls seem to differ---TBH the one I'd think closest with no agenda is the one for ITV.

A YouGov survey for the Sun showed Mr Cameron gaining 41 per cent audience approval, with Mr Clegg on 32 and Gordon Brown on 25.

ComRes, for ITV News, gave Mr Cameron 35 per cent, Mr Clegg 33 and Mr Brown on 26. A third, by Angus Reid, gave Mr Cameron 36, Mr Clegg 31 and Mr Brown 23.

And the MailOnline's own poll, which initially showed Mr Clegg in front, also showed a Tory victory by midnight. It had Mr Cameron on 45 per cent, Mr Clegg on 43 and Mr Brown trailing on 12 per cent.

This morning Mr Cameron's lead had grown further to 51 per cent, Mr Clegg 37 per cent and Mr Brown 12 per cent.

rune
Azz
Administrator
Male 

30-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Don't trust the dailymail at all Rune!!

They were caught in the act rigging polls - I actually saw it for myself too

The Daily Mail rig their polls
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Don't trust the dailymail at all Rune!!

They were caught in the act rigging polls - I actually saw it for myself too

The Daily Mail rig their polls
thats not the point though azz

most of the polls said DC came off best last night.

rune didnt just list the daily mail, you know
Azz
Administrator
Male 

30-04-2010, 10:30 AM
And I was responding just to the mail bit

Re the polls, that means Clegg has won 2 out of the 3 debates in most polls then
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I don't understand the voting though, I think we should vote for one of them by name, but don't we have to vote our local councelor in? Although I want Lib Dems to win the general election I don't want our lib dem candidate for our area as he has no real interest in it as he lives elsewhere, wheras the independent candidate lives locally and really is trying to improve our area.
I find it so confusing.
all the names are always on the list when you go and vote.

**assuming** i understand your post correctly, maybe you are getting mixed up with the fact their are 2 elections on may 6th?: - local council and parliament.

you could then vote for lib dems as your MP and another party or independant for your council.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
And I was responding just to the mail bit

Re the polls, that means Clegg has won 2 out of the 3 debates in most polls then
isnt it just one?

i heard the sky debate was no overall winner?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I am not really in to politics at all and don't understand it. But from the little I saw last night Cameron is a slimey awful liar who wants to make the poor and those below the poverty line even worse off by cutting family tax credit and stopping those who really need benefits getting them.Brown well he just has no real interest in the people of this country and is out for himself.
Clegg it has to be. If people will give them the chance to get in I think they will really try and prove themselves to be good for this country.

I find it so confusing.
I dont think thats what he intends to do at all...from my understanding wants to cut tax credits from the high earners... not from those who need it.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Thats why I wrote what I did! I too would think the Mail and the Sun might be following an agenda.

Clegg won the first two debates but now the policies are coming under more scrutiny he is not hanging on to the lead he may have had.

Probably a lot of people had no idea about their policies before and now they have they don't like them. Europe, the Euro and immigration will probably lose it for them.

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I dont think thats what he intends to do at all...from my understanding wants to cut tax credits from the high earners... not from those who need it.
Its only high earners he is suggesting cutting----its funny how easy it is to make people think they are hearing something which they aren't.

No reflexion on any one person----just that it is clever of all parties and their spin to twist what is said and turn it their way!

rune
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >