View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-01-2009, 12:03 AM

Bailey, 18 month old German Shepherd needs home!

Bailey is a beautiful German Shepherd of 18 months. She has led a very sheltered life, without the robust exposure you would wish for as a young pup. Her character therefore was shaped into a devoted dog, nervous of human approach and dogs. We took her on as an emergency as her owner had lost her accommodation and her parents wouldn't hold her as their daughter supposed. Although she is kennelled, Janet, who works in the kennels, has taken a shine to her and takes her home with her in the evenings and she is mixing with her teeny little Chihuahua. Bailey has come on leaps and bounds with other dogs. When she first arrived her automatic response to another dog was to snarl at them and hide in a corner. Now she is the first to instigate play and mixes with all sizes and shapes of dog up to big old Rotti's. She still has a very special bond with her 'carer' Janet, but is coming round to other people.

Obviously Bailey needs a Shepherd home where they have the sense to take her slowly, build up skills and confidence over months, not days. Once settled she enjoys routine and knowing what is going on. Our Bailey is a creature of habit and, as has happened a couple of times, if she feels under pressure then she will make her way to somewhere where she feels safe. Bailey is happy to go out for long walks. She is equally as happy with short walks. As long as she has her handler by her side she is a happy girl. She has been cat tested and passed with flying colours. We have just spayed, vaxed and chipped her.

Her confidence is growing but we still have a way to go. She needs help to both accept strangers and expose her to the world. Although these are not good pictures you get a sense of her sense of vulnerability and yet also a sense she is on her way ... maturing her skills & becoming the magnificent dog she is destined to be.

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 12:41 AM
She looks a lovely girl, I wish you all the best in that forever home.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 07:17 AM
What a beauty - I do hope she finds the right home soon x
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 11:11 AM
oh f only I had space I would have her tomorrow but sadly I can't, good luck Bailey xx
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 12:02 PM
She is a beauty. Poor girlie, I hope she finds a lovely home.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 02:23 PM
She looks lovely. I hope an experienced/permanent home can be found for her really quickly.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Please meet our lovely Bailey - you will get a better idea of her lovely colouring/coat from these photos. Bailey, Maggie (the Staffie, also an RR dog looking for a home), Rag, Tag and Bobtail (all kennel boarders). They are all dog friendly and were introduced today and boy did they have great fun as a very happy pack as you will see from the photos...

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-03-2009, 09:57 PM
An update from Bailey’s foster mum on our forum today:

[quote]Hey guys well what can I say, so sorry for not letting you know how this wonderful girl is getting on!!!!!! Totally my fault and I need a good slap, but sorry again. Have been a bit mental with work and to be honest just wanted to spend some time getting to know her before I gave an update.

Well I think the first thing I have to say is she has come on so far in the few weeks that we have had her. She has taken to myself, but it’s no problem for Ellie to do things with her. She loves the horses and the outside life. Vixen is her new best friend and Dudley thinks she is kinda ok too. Have had mum to visit with her dog and all the girls went tearing off around the field together trying to catch rabbits. (My MUM not included in that story)!

Bailey is such a devoted dog, once you are friends she will do anything for you. Follow you around all day. We went to a competition this weekend and to start she wasn’t too sure about getting in the lorry, but once she realised she could sit on the chair and watch the world go by life got much better, took the lorry today to get fuel and she was there with the others ready to jump in.

Bailey is good with the horses, she is working well with myself and a horse lead rope to take her for walks, not stressing at all, loves other dogs and horses, even ok with delivery men and just in general not so stressed out. She does do her guard dog act, but soon settles down. Amazingly she really likes our horse vet and has lots of waggy tails for him. Her commands are really good and recall is excellent. She really is enjoying life here and has fitted in very well she is such a sweet devoted dog that she really does need to go to a very special home.

I could prob write lots more but this is one very special lady and too top it all she is just so pretty as the pics will show.

Sorry again and will try to be better, hope you can forgive me ops:

Here are the pics - do have more and will post when I get some more time, but what a gorgeous girl - she is so pretty:

Get this head shot - should be a model, lol!

k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Hope this girlie finds her forever home soon.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 06:08 AM
Bailey is stunning....fingers crossd that the right home is found....Good Luck Bailey
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >