View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Skye came from one of the parents at the school where Karen teaches. She brought Skye to school for us so no journey required.

Fingal actually came from the farm behind our house so again that was handy.

Breagh was from my brother in Southern Ireland. We took the crate over in the car on the ferry. I remember the journey home. She pood less than 1 mile after leaving my brothers place. At that point I thought we were in for a nightmare journey but she was great for the whole trip.

I'd be happy going to anywhere in the country for a dog if it was a breed I'd decided on.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Selkie was from North Wales, Kismet is from the Newforest. Pharaoh was from Brightlingsea... I'll go wherever I need to, I'd pause before bringing in a dog from abroad, but anywhere in the UK I would go for the right dog

Always had a thing for Ibizan Hounds and Salukis... but I have promised myself that my next dog will be a rescue dog
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 08:53 PM
My Sashaberger was leuchars to oakham (somewhere near the NEC in Birmingham) which was done in a day (a whole complete day at that)

My wee montybear - fife to wolverhampton - i had to overnight at my mates in Telford though.

Cosmo was a one day trip from fife to wolverhampton - never again in one day - that took driver fatigue to another level.

Would i travel again - for the right dog - definitely though i hope i don't have to - not for at least 12-15 years
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I believe Flat Coats could be classed as a new type of setter...lol!!!!
Hands up how many people knew that was coming!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Hands up how many people knew that was coming!

How???!!!!!!
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 09:26 PM
I travelled about 2 miles for Bryan (to Dog's Trust) and A was brought tomy house (by the Freedom Project).

So not far really
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5